TA Petro
57Below average

TA Petro Employee Reviews

United States313 reviews
Would prefer not to says anything about this company because I wasn't there long enough. I am just filling in this box and I meetings a 150 word paragraph for an unsolicited survey.
Got terminated was promised that I could reapply in 6 months and then after 6 months was told that they wernt hiring but job listings were still being advertised
I spent about 2 years working where I learned all my basics and then some. The issue I had was because they are paying based on the amount of work you do, if there is no work to do you only get paid your base pay (which isn’t a lot of the work you’re doing) in those two years I advanced up the tech ladder but never got sent to any training. Without that training they weren’t going to move me up anymore . So overall it’s ehh a good starting point
The store gm is nasty and critical to employees exceot her favorites. Unfair treatment. Blames some workers for all workers laziness. She lies. Some of the leads have nasty attitudes treat co workers like garbage. Nothing is done EVER about voiced concerns.
Management is poor at times, flexible hours, close relationships with coworkers as well as customers. As long as you come to work do your job to the best of your ability you have a stable job and it is not going anywhere very hard to lose your job unless you just do not show up or make large fundamental errors.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Great Workplace, wish to be back! TA has a lot of pros as a job. You don't have to worry about who wont accept you. If you like to assist others in need of assistance on the road and some cases in the middle of no where then TA Road squad is a great job to consider.
I worked in the deli area of the fuel island. I helped a variety of people since all were truckers. The deli lead person was really lazy and never did any work herself, but the manager herself was amazing. Always made sure she showed her appreciation towards everyone. There were advancement opportunities. The pay was decent. There were monthly meetings and managment always brought in pizza for everyone. I enjoyed working at Petro.
I quit because the district manager was accusing me of helping a waitress still money I have never stolen money from my jobs ever. A week later he was fired because of stealing.The corporate office didn't want to listen to what I had to say about the whole situation. But instead they fired the person a week later
Never got a full 40 hours, nor did I get a permanent position. I was constantly moved from cashier to porter, and I was never given 40 hours week like agreed when I was hired.
This company plays favoritism, if your not a favorite you are out of luck, and out of hours, and you will have to work with whatever schedule they give you.

If your in desperate need of a job, use this as only a temporary employment!
Absolutely amazing, benefits, feels like home, customer service, and although I lose a lot of outside time, I’m well alright with that because I have a family to provide for and you can’t do that sitting on the couch watching the news!!
A typical day is going in and figuring out what position you want for the day. Since we're a smaller fast food restaurant, we don't have as many people working so you get to choose which position you want. Choices are as such; register, boards (which is making all the food), and cleaning. So if you don't feel talkative oneday you can easily go to the back and clean or do boards.
Wasn't very easy to work here. They expected me to work grave shifts while I had children to care for. Relief would constantly show up late causing me to be late getting home. Management was rude and didn't understand having a life outside of work. Wouldn't recommend.
Kitchen infested with mold, food temps not completed as scheduled, food kept out to serve passed 4 hours, managers show favoritism towards friends & family.
Manager did not communicate well. Alot of favortism. Great employees , it really is more like a family. Cashiers have more responsoibility you have to do your own returns and refunds and also you have ti di your oqn paperwork and figure it out on your own.
working here , I really enjoyed it and I loved the managers as well as the customers . I would have loved to stay and work at this facility only thing is I moved.
As GM for the restaurant side, ( 24hr iron skillet) I can only brag on the staff they were amazing, when they showed up. On the other hand, Upper management ie...regional, district etc. , Could care less about you or the staff. Their only concern was just the bottom line and that all the work was handled so that they didn't have to do anything. No kitchen manager was in place or being trained. Training was super amazing. They did everything right and taught you the right way. When placed in home store, you were forgot about by your management.
Pros
Great benefits and pay, training team was awesome
Cons
No uppermanagement support
Great place to learn and grow not only as a person but as an community also gaining friends along the way from all different types of ways physically.
My management is very supportive and productive. My hours are flexible. My employer seems to care about me and what I can do to advance in the workplace.
Pros
Great Discounts, adequate benefits, encouraging management
Been here 5 years only got one raise. When got brought up to the old and new management got blown off every time. Saying you have to go to mandatory training 200 miles away and expect you to drive there but hold you back from ever going a railroad people newer than you but have less experience and even left the company while you never left
Pros
Cons
Never work with you
Was constantly stabbed in the back. Now they are firing all their GMs so you will never be promoted again. New management treats you poorly. Overworked and underpaid.
Currently the GM of site does not let you move up for personal/selfish reasons. It doesn't matter how much experience you have or what you know. The AGM lack People skills and Gossips about everyone on Site spreading lies. She lets the Techs on site grab on her in an unprofessional way
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TA Petro. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8