TA Petro Employee Reviews

Horrible job
Porter (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Stress is a constant, managment is terrible, no one works together, I work 8 hours alone trying to do a 2-3 person job managment expects u to keep them out of trouble and coworkers are toxic, and expect perfection for them when they come in plus no breaks, promotions, or pay raise, but hey u free sodas
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
No breaks, toxic coworkers, bad managment, no chance for a home life
Cooking
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 5, 2019
Cook cleaning showing people what they need to know and what not to do . and if my manager ask me to do something for her I just make it. Happen I help everyone with what ever they need
Pros
The free come out your check
Cons
Its jut a 30min break not to long but its a break
You are getting treated like garbage from both customers and management
Customer Service Representative (Fuel) (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 25, 2019
Customers (truckers) were rarely kind. Management was not supportive and hypercritical. Just covered someone elses shift and worked a 16? Didnt matter to them. Unappreciative and unsupportive. All coworkers talked about leaving.
HIGH TURNOVER
Pros
Free soda i guess
Job Look
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 19, 2019
It is a really great job to work at paid good friendly clean and they
treat each and every last one of there customer fairly also make sure that they have what the customer need and what they are looking for .
Productive and fun workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Corning, CAJanuary 17, 2019
The day MAKER not day BREAKER training was genuinely life changing. I learned to especially put my best foot forward towards the customer and to never make the customer feel like any issues I may have been having were caused by themselves.
The coworkers and fun shenanigans that we were always up to was one of the absolute best parts about Petro, along with the gas discount! For me, the hardest part of the job was the inability to help EVERY customer have a better day, but it made the moments where I did, that much better.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No unnatural haircolors
Good start out company
General Manager Truck Service (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 14, 2019
TA is a good starting company is a little lacking on pay and benefits. Used to be a better company but all stops have become cookie cutters of each other drivers don’t want the exact same thing at every stop.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Pay benefits
Pay was good management and benefits are horrible
Tsa (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Fast paced work place. Very stressful. Management only looks after themselves. Benefits are horrible and expensive for a company this large. They are open 365 days a year 24/7 so any family holiday gathering are gone. You get commission on top of your hourly so if you work a busy shift durning the day you make a good bit more then working later in the day with doing just as much work. Breaks don't exist. Will lie to your face about work schedules. If you have the right GM and FM it's not a bad place to work.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management and benefits
Very separated from management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 11, 2019
coworkers promoting hostile high school like work environment and management will not bother with complaints and if you have an incident or disagreement with a member of management it will not be looked into you will be held 100% accountable and it is not kept private from coworkers.
Job culture amazing drivers are kind generous and hilarious one of the most unique jobs in customer service field downside iz Just very few people there doing their part and anyone who overachieves is discouraged or singled out and then expected to take on additional work.
Unexplained deductions in payroll holiday pay way eliminated after the holidays with a few different reasons as the cause and no one who worked additional or split shifts on holidays got time and an half good job reliable hours but full time 40 hours isnt offered to more than 7-8 people.
Pros
Discounts on gas and store merch, consistent scheduling and decent members of management
Cons
Alot more than the pay jistifies
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CA 93243December 18, 2018
Great co-workers and managers. Discounts are good and helpful. You get to meet new people who are loyal customers as well as new comers. You as a cashier present the stores' ambiance.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Selling alcohol beverages
Productive i was a Porter I was Certified to take the tash and dump it in the dumpster.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXDecember 16, 2018
My review was great it was only part-time ,I learned how to use the correct chemicals for washing,drying, and mopping. All of the Porters learned how to clean the bathrooms correctly. When we had spare time we would help each other out. At the TA you learn how to the customers out finding products and show them we had Specials on a lot of Holiday products..
Pros
Helping the customers out when they were looking for things.
Cons
Part-Time
Needs work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tekonsha, MIDecember 15, 2018
Manager pick poor time to yell at workers. People think they can do nothing but stand around . Top it off to much drama. Manager gets after workers out in the store
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
Drama
Could be great with proper management without favoritism
Truck Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burns, WYDecember 15, 2018
Hired as a TSA with a regular schedule given inconsistent schedule across all shifts. Promise of advancement ended with lack of management follow through. Usually end up with one or two people doing all the cleaning and stocking in the lobby consistantly while others just brush it off or do an incomplete job. Management wants to control every aspect shows extreme favoritism allowing them to choose their schedule, over charge customers or pay from shop when they feel they should be paid 6 hrs for a 3 hr job, manager holds back the people that work hard and do their job well while advancing the ones she likes but slack off and cause and promote drama. There is no team work here some try but almost everyone will stomp all over another in any way possible work related or otherwise to get what they want. A lot of trash talking, hard feelings and lack of priorities making the work environment pretty pathetic. Concerns brought up are ignored and if you contact anyone above the GM because of ignored issues or simple questions because she is unavailable you better be ready for backlash. Employee reviews that are to be done every 6 months and raises given are only done when forced.
Pros
Benefit packages customized to what you want/need
Cons
Management, drama, zero team effort, high stress, scheduling is not regular and is chaotic, favortism, inability to advance due to poor follow through from manager, pay
Productive worplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GADecember 10, 2018
Productive workplace. Exciting. Team player oriented. I enjoy working for this company. The benefits are amazing as well. Merchandising products and services were my favorite o say the least.
This location is not professional at all!!
Customer service represenative (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 10, 2018
I loved my job but after some time the GM went through a change of hands which just made things more unorganized. And over time things got VERY unprofessional and this was very unfortunate because i honestly LOVED my job but the unprofessional-ism ruined that and almost took my sanity. I actually turned down a promotion because of this.
Cons
30 min lunch with no breaks in between its always a circus around there
Rude and hood staff
Deli Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2018
I worked as a deli manager for a few months
I worked in the back of the truck stop dining area. Everyone there is related Hood either dating each other nothing but drama the kitchen and staff is dirty and lazy the truck stop is located in a hood area and everyone that works there is Hood as well do not eat there this is coming from a former manager..
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Rude and Hood Managemenyand staff
I was lied to.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  FaergoNovember 20, 2018
I was hired to do maintenance.Management lied to me. When I was hired I was told that there would be work for me year round so I did not have to worry about loosing my job. I was also told that management wanted me to learn the ropes because I would take the place of the ones that was reaching retirement. First snow that fell I was laid off. Was told " Lack of work,not enough work to keep me busy.Nothing for me to do anymore" It was all one big lie.
not recommended
Team Lead / Trainer (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 12, 2018
not recommended. no room for growth, never receive pay increases management overlooks people if they do not care for you as a person you can forget getting a promotion.
Fun place to work
Porter (Current Employee) –  York, NENovember 7, 2018
Great place to work...could use a bump in pay....but overall I love it there...great people and awesome management...team petro
I approve this message......porter team all the way...
York, Nebraska
Pros
Discounts...hard work team
Cons
None at all
Productive and a great work place to work for
Deli Clerk and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stony Ridge, OHOctober 22, 2018
Nice place to work for but the pay doesn't pay how a hard worker someone is management would do anything for you customers have there moments but all you have to do is take a deep breath and relax
Pros
Great place to work for
Cons
Pay
I left due to Restaurant closing
Dishwasher, janitorial, bus tables, sanitation (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CA 93635October 18, 2018
The Restaurant closed. Loved the fast pace. Always busy. Staff friendly. Was looking forward to more years there. I was able to use my skills as a sanitation worker. Had my safe food handling certification which came in handy when new staff were working in my area. I was able to educate them on proper protocol.
Pros
Great staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TA Petro. Our community is ready to answer.