Tabitha Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Disorganized, poor management,always short staffed,no one to help with new computer system,no respect from mean and rude manager,only criticism..
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 18, 2018
Management Disorganized.Adon rude and greedy! Ya work your tail off with no kudos.Turnover constant.upper staff making $ but u r not they don't care..they only care about the almighty dollar
Pros
Cnas good, hours good
Cons
Management unsupportive and never worked floor.
Found my home
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 14, 2018
I'd read mixed reviews about Tabitha but had a friend who encouraged me to apply. I'm so happy I did. It is hard work, there is no question about that. But the difference is, you can tell people are doing whatever they can to make it a great place to be. My manager has worked at Tabitha for a long time, started as an aide. Thats one thing I love, many of the managers started working here in different jobs and are now managers. There are lots of changes in healthcare, but our team has all stepped up. We stopped using all agency staff, and one of them decided to apply to work at Tabitha instead. People here really want to make this the best place to live for our elders, and also want it to be a great place to work. I can't imagine working anywhere else, and would encourage anyone to look into it. Some of the reviews on here are hard to read when I love it so much. Tabitha has high standards. If you are willing to work hard, and are responsible to show up for work, you will love it too. And based on what new people say, the pay is better than other place in Lincoln. The night and weekend differentials are way better than my job before Tabitha.
Pros
Pay, differentials, people, residents, my manager
Cons
No cafeteria like the hospital, lots of new technology
Great place to work! Caring leaders and great culture
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TNRCMarch 13, 2018
Great culture! Friendly coworkers and meaningful work!! Would recommend to anyone looking for a job!! Teamwork supported and managers listen to staff needs. Administrator and DON go out of their way to meet you and say thank
You.
Pros
Positive Culture
Hostile work enviroment.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crete, NEFebruary 9, 2018
No teamwork. Management and administrator don't care about their staff. If you just want to be a body to fill a position this place is for you. They have their circle of employees that have been there for several years and they bully the new staff members.
Emotionally draining culture. Staff support for each other (such as it is) Is there only salvation.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 7, 2018
Employees give of themselves because the clients are wonderful and deserve the best and most professional treatment we can provide. However, management does not acknowledge the true blood, sweat, and tears of the employees., as we work extended hours and almost always short. They just push to do more, and work longer hours for pay that is lower than any other facility in Lincoln, and well below State average, and being told to consider it our donation to Tabatha. This is on top of their employee donation drives to encourage us to give percentages of our checks. as well.
Middle-management is constantly rotating, and learning the expectations of the new managers keeps everyone on edge.
This is not the quality facility it once was.
Pros
Amazing appreciative clients
Cons
Low pay, short staff, middle management in a constant state of upheaval
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 29, 2018
i like that tabitha i miss all time every thing was fun and good but i need more money for help my family why that i looking another
i miss all employe work there
Worst place, expensive healthcare new asst don and don rude and dont care about anybody but themselves. No christian compassion.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 14, 2018
Aides get pulled to different floors doing multiple jobs not a thank you or better pay. Recent hired mgmt rude and treat staff poorly. Upper mgmt don't care. Complaining don't help they don't want to deal with it. The housekeeping staff leaves a lot to be desired. Empty own garbage cleans own rooms. Its who you know there. Really sad never used to be that way, but going down hill fast. No positives about that place. No job security. Benefits so expensive to afford with no raises. I only have it a 1 star so people knew how terrible it was.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Short staffed, expensive benefits, negative atmosphere
Wouldn't be my first choice
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Crete, NEDecember 29, 2017
Not many patients. Good nurses. Management wasn't the best. Need time off just forget about it. Have to cook and clean as well in green houses. Lots of extra work that isn't CNA related.
Terrible
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 29, 2017
Terrible management, no communication, lack of training. I was never able to take time off because they were always short staffed and wouldn't ever approve my requests. Huge variation in hours. I was a full time employee and would sometimes end weeks with 25-30 hours and other weeks would be 50.
Meaningful Work
Home Health Office (Current Employee) –  LincilnJuly 3, 2017
It is important for me to have meaningful work. At Tabitha the mission is to serve elders. I get to use my talents every day and receive a lot of encouragement. Whether it is behind the scenes doing clerical work or in the community giving hands in care, our Tabitha team steps up and provides excellent care.
Pros
Encouraged to use my talents
Compassionate
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 1, 2017
I feel Tabitha is a great place to work, though we have been going through some restructuring, and the environment is concerning. The people that work at Tabitha are all there for the same goal, to serve elders to the best of our ability, and it shows in how we treat each other.
Pros
Christian Based Organization
Cons
Changing reimbursement environment
The death panel
Nurse (Current Employee) –  adminMay 13, 2017
If a patient is on hospice they can get more money from medicare for that patient. Administration plays an active role in finding the most vulnerable patients and qualifying them for hospice. Cha-ching! financial problems solved. It's despicable.
Pros
weight loss from no break.
Cons
no breaks
Run.
Tabitha (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 1, 2017
This is the kind of place that does large scale surprise lay offs. I lost nearly all respect for this place after their most recent round of letting people go. We also recently had a meeting about employee satisfaction in which the department head said "everyone knows Tabitha pays less" and just shrugged his shoulders. Lower level employees are 100% expendable. "Christian compassion" is something they say, but not something they practice. What about compassion for the people who spend hours and hours here? It's really too bad, I loved this place when I started. And there are many people here who I've enjoyed working with. But after seeing more and more about how they operate, I would not recommend someone work here.
Pros
Greatly enjoyed getting to know my residents.
Cons
Lowest pay in the community. No job security.
Poor
nursing (Former Employee) –  CreteJanuary 13, 2017
Very poor management. "Who you know and who you blow" is how you fit in mentality. Staff "runs" the show, not management. Management/scheduling don't really care if you work short, but sure won't come in if you are seriously are short.
Successful and fun. Everyone is loving and works as a team
Daycare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEDecember 30, 2016
Great place to work. Able to work around my school schedule and sports. Helps me learn new things. Enjoy helping other family's. Boss is understanding
Pros
Easily promoted, great benifits
This place is full of drama. Former support employee.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 8, 2016
The hard working, honest, and caring employees get put down and discriminated against. I gave 100% of what I had to help patients everyday.
This place needs a lot of help!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Management treats other employees badly!!!!!!
This place needs help
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 5, 2016
Worked for this company for about 10 years. I loved the old Managment because they cared about everyone individually and not just another nurse filling in a spot. Back 5 years ago I loved working here...however with new managment setting it, you can tell the culture has changed. It's gone from a community to a money pinching machine. If it doesn't make managment money, they don't care to heard your opinion. That's why I left. it's not about the residents, it's how much the executives can walk home with at the end of the day.
Pros
Fellow Floor nurses
Cons
Executives are the worst
Management needs more experience
LPN Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 18, 2016
I loved working there and would have stayed if the management that Tabitha hired was more experienced in managing a small home like environment. I felt that none of my work was appreciated and when I had suggestions, they were ignored. I also felt very bullied by the director of nursing. My co-workers had attitude at times and would not listen to authority. When it was brought to management about their behavior, management just dismissed it. I miss the residents and most co-workers very much. Leaving was devastating, but it had to be done. There was no way I could work with the management in the house. Too much bullying and backstabbing.
Pros
Residents were great and the place really felt like a home.
Cons
Management was unprofessional and uneducated.
Loved the patients
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 30, 2016
Patients were 9 times out of 10 great and appreciative of everything we did for them. There was usually the 1 you could never do anything right for because they felt entitled.

Tabitha doesn't pay you for your experience. At one point, a medication aide with 2 years experience was making nearly 2 dollars an hour less than an Nursing Aide with no experience. When bringing this up to HR, the med aide only got let than a dollar more as a raise and decided to leave.
Pros
The patients were great
Cons
Don't pay you for your experience, pay you less than others if you come from a less paying job
Management doesn't care about you
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 28, 2016
I've worked there for over 2 years and never had a problem; no write ups or even a bad conversation with management. Then they forced hours down my throat as a PRN staff by signing me up for shifts and not telling me and then when I would inquire about it they would say there's a "new policy". I asked for this policy and was told "this is how it's going to be" instead of being shown a policy. They would force 40+ hour work weeks on me being a full-time student and did not care for me as a CNA. Also they promise bonuses to you and never follow through on paying them. I left and to this day they still owe, and won't pay $900 in bonuses.
Pros
Residents and floor staff are amazing!!
Cons
Managment sucks.