Tableau Employee Reviews

Fun and interesting work
Senior QA Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WADecember 4, 2018
I was a contractor but they treat me like an employee. I worked with my boss before so I had a great time in that company. He never takes things personally and very interested in our personal development.
Work life balance is good!
Great in The USA Terrible in APAC
Enterprise Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 21, 2018
I think Tableau is an amazing company with an amazing product. My USA Experience was outstanding. The management team in Singapore is not Tableau. I recommend that you do not take a job in APAC with Tableau.
Pros
Food, Friends Learning amazing product.
Cons
Company mission not throughout the entire company. New leadership from Oracle.
Great culture
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 31, 2018
One of the company's strengths, along with the product itself, is the culture. Even for remote employees it was a great experience with fantastic people
Measurement Plan
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 16, 2018
Analysis data and plan measurement plan for the DC Metro. I would come up with monthly / Qtr reports evaluating the business and ensure our locations hit target goals.
Pros
easy to use and information was great
Fun place to work
Enterprise Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2018
The culture at Tableau is very good. Every customer loves the product, therefore, that makes your days go very well!

The company provides you with very good perks and benefits and the people you work with are very cool and willing to help you!
Good company overall
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 5, 2018
Amazing product and the beginnings of an amazing leadership team. I joined at a rough time when most of the leadership team was being replaced. They started with the CEO and have been working their way down. The result has been a dramatic improvement in leadership and culture. There's still so much to be done, however. There are many lower-level managers that are not strong leaders. I found this challenging and draining.

The culture at Tableau is just like as they say - "humble, smart." As an analyst, this is a great to learn and grow. You'll have all the right tools at your disposal. The culture is great - I made lasting friends. Career opportunities are not clear or handed to you, but the organization is incredibly willing to help those who are clear with their goals and are vocal. I've worked with nearly all the senior leaders and know they care about the employees.
Pros
Good benefits and median pay for Seattle
Cons
Weakness in career pathing and some leadership levels
Brilliant product , class leading ability to execute which means “Tableau's stuff works “ and a great place to work .
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2018
There are a few places in your career where you look back and say “I was at the right place at the right time” and Tableau is absolutely one of those places .

Sure there are trendier companies that pop up routinely that show/flash bigger OTEs from potential dollar amounts you might be able to earn but the reality is what percent of those people moving to these companies actually are in it and stay around long and what is their quality of life like?

It’s interesting to watch people who leave Tableau go through two or three jobs in the next 24 to 36 months once they leave. To me that shows the quality of Tableau’s technology, work life balance, income potential, and people you work wihich gets forgotten unless you move somewhere else.

Genuine care for the customer success permeates the entire organization but most importantly the sales team . In an industry where a lot of sales organizations pride themselves on having a “buy or die high-pressure metric driven” culture Tableau’s is one of true partnership with the customers software sales cultures that remain in the space.

There is no “high-pressure process driven, beat on the sales reps daily” culture that exist in so many other places . We hire smart people who know that there are multiple paths to a customer’s success and closing a deal during an evaluation. Tableau solves horizontal problems where every sales cycle has some one off unique aspect to it which means outcomes can’t be a predetermined from the outset. Management calls are to make sure that account managers are being supported with everything
  more... in our arsenal to make them of the customer successful rather than to micromanage and check on them to make sure they’re working like daycare for adults.

Like any publicly traded software company there are realities of hitting quotas, and getting to the numbers given to analyst but if you’re doing the right thing the right ways based on how you most effectively and uniquely accomplish this Tableau is patient and tolerant. If you are doing the right thing for the customer and working hard and smart then that is the most important “metric “ that Tableau evaluate sales reps on rather than stupid weekly metrics .

Any pressure that exist is only because Tableau hires the right kind of people that have that internal drive and that leads to a great sales life/work balance in terms of being able to do your job instead of activities that make you look like you’re working even if it’s not productive. “Old-school, heavy process managing only skill set sales managers” who stayed glued behind desk and and unimaginative sales reps need not apply.

How many other software companies added over 16,000 new logos in a single sales yesr like Tableau did in 2017? That’s the question I would ask the other companies that you’re interviewing with currently .
Pros
Class leading Technology, Makes more solutions successful than any other competitor by a wide margin
Cons
Commercial Team’s quotas are artificially low based on legacy politics, creates false perceptions internally
Great place to work with a great mission
Sales Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2018
Tableau was the first company I worked for that taught me how important a job culture really is. I was the first Austin hire for a new team, SMB, of Sales Area Managers and helped pave the roadmap for success. A very reactive position, in which I worked with hot leads and had to own sales cycle from beginning to end. I learned how to prospect into new accounts and learned a lot about the Education and Healthcare industries. The culture was beyond belief. Tons of folks working together building great things and helping businesses gain true business intelligence. The stories of some of our clients would make you tear up. The most difficult thing about this job was showing value of our product at it's cost compared to other things customer's perceived to be "free". I would definitely work there again.
Effective Product you can stand behind, Good Culture
Channel Manager - GSI (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2018
-Most Enjoyable part of the job - product you get to sell
-Culture - Not as Mixed as it used to be, seems to be more white males there than women or minorities now than ever.
-Hardest Part of the Job - Unattainable goals/projectios
-Most Enjoyable Part of Job - Selling an amazing product and working among some great sales people.
-I learned a lot about various lines of business and the needs those businesses face
Pros
Free Food, Fantastic Benefits, Amazing Product, Good Culture
Cons
Management not always checked in
Amazing People, Lousy Pay
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 1, 2018
I get excited about going to work every day because I get to spend the day with the smartest most fun people I know, in a professional environment designed to help us all get even smarter while having fun.

Except every two weeks, my paycheck comes in and I get sad.

Anyone else doing the work we do with the broad domain knowledge, at the pace we do it, would be making at least 30% more.

We have titles with the word Engineer, and huge amounts of cash and time are spent to make sure we get training on even more domain and product specific knowledge than we have to come in with just to get hired at all.

Pay us what we’re worth and watch how much better our work will get when we don’t rely on the free food in every kitchen because we can’t afford groceries. Watch how low the turnover gets and how easy it becomes to fill new positions or backfill when people are promoted. Or don’t, and watch as all the talented people you’ve invested so much time and assets into leave for positions at other companies that pay more for our skills.

“We want people who want to work here” is not the answer. We DO want to work here. We just would like to be able to work here and also afford to live our lives.
Pros
exponential skill growth, great people, great direct and skip-level management, good benefits, free food
Cons
pay is well below market rate for skills and title
Tableau is evolving
Senior Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2018
The hiring process for me was very long. The sales focus of the company for me was a challenge. I am a technical person. Professional services with Tableau is difficult when you have a family. The culture is great and the company is fun.
Pros
culture
Cons
travel
Good company to work for
Enterprise Applications Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2018
They have plenty of snacks and drinks. Coworkers are very nice. Managers are patient and helpful.
Good work-life balance. Feel like a big family. Good.
Amazing company to work for.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2017
I love working for Tableau. Fun yet challenging work. Great management and coworkers. The management really cares about their employees. We are not just a number to them.
A Company in Transition
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  WestNovember 28, 2017
Tableau is a company in transition. The character and culture that got them to this point of success is rapidly changing. It's just not the same place. Great product and focus on customers. Immature management.
Pros
Great product and customer focus
Cons
Immature management
Tableau
Senior Named Account Manager (PNW) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2017
Tableau is a good company and provides numerous resources to sales reps to help deliver a meaningful value proposition to their customers and connect them with others who are successful with the solution.
Fun times, not enough pay
Sales Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2017
Really enjoyed the day to day, it's a standard inside/outside sales job but ultimately in the two years i was there only 3 people were promoted out of 100 sales reps.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Good people and product, but not much else.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2017
All I can say it is a tech company with so much potential but not taking advantage of it. Good place to introduce yourself to the tech world. Free food is a perk.
Productive and great place for work
Customer Service Triage Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2017
Great place and great people for work.Very responsive management stuff and availability to combine life and work. I would recommend this place for my friends.
Not a great place to work. Favoritism and lack of great management exceeds.
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2017
Worst place to work. Poor management, too much favoritism and not fair with their employees. You are just a number at Tableau. If I had to recommend this place to anyone, I wouldn't.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2017
Fun place to work with lots of great benefits - almost 4 weeks vacation, lots of paid holidays, fun vendor events, perks and friday fun events.

Not a great place for IT career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tableau. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tableau.

Powered by Comparably