Tacala Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Cashier
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 30, 2018
I feel like Taco Bell is a good job for younger children who really don't have real responsibilities such as bills or children. For the older generation it's not really that much growth in the company unless you are being promoted to management
Pros
free range
Cons
growth
Decent place to work very fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TN 37814July 12, 2018
Decent place to work. Very fast paced, they focus on the drive thru timer and want the cars to move fast through it. If the team does not move them as a average total on car times you will get written up for it along with the whole crew. Tacos are super easy to make. They do give breaks.
Pros
Breaks and Fun Staff
Cons
Drive thru timer is hard to meet all the time.
Amazing
Taco Bell Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2018
I highly recommend this job to a high school student or just starting out. It’s fast pasted and competitive! Good management and good pay for someone who is in high school looking for some extra money
Productive, Good management team, steady business
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at work is normally relaxed, but steady. Although it is a nice job to have as a student, career advancement isn't totally there. Unless you plan to stay long enough to work your way up to either a store GM or an Area coach, the wage/salary isn't worth staying. The work culture is amazing! Everyone is generally super friendly and most employees will work diligently, but on the downside there is always a lot of gossip and drama between some stores. I loved working here for the longest time, but with paying for college out of pocket, the hourly wage just isn't enough to pay the bills and survive. I will forever be thankful for Tacala employing me, I've learned so much. From learning how to handle money, and developing social and customer service skills, to developing a dynamic work ethic, and even leadership roles. They've treated me amazing throughout my time here. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with the customers that would take advantage of our food replacement policy, to get free food, or the way they would treat employees.
Pros
Free lunch as long as ICOS was good, employee discounts
Cons
Low Pay wage
Fast Paced
General Manager & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 22, 2018
Great opportunity for advancement. Can't beat the benefits. Training is available for everything. Once you get trained and ready, you'll love it. Annual trip for upper management. Meetings with area coach every week, as well as with the other General Managers. Always something to do, never a dull moment.
It was good
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland tnMarch 9, 2018
Good place to work. Manager was good, service was ok. Stayed very busy throughout the week. Left because I need something with better pay, got one raise out of almost 2 years
Tacala is amazing!!
Taco Bell Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAAugust 23, 2017
Everyone treats you like family, very laid back as long as you do your job, managers and Area/Market coaches actually care about you and your family. Overall my favorite company I’ve worked for
Pros
Great atmosphere and amazing people
Cons
Insurance isn’t the best for crew members
Fun place to work at
Taco Bell Team Member (Current Employee) –  Taylor, TXAugust 17, 2017
Easy place to work at. Small menu so there aren't many things to memorize. You just have to be willing to work and wear a smile. You also have to be willing to push yourself to work in a fast pace environment. It's honestly a great place to work at especially if you've never worked anywhere else. I totally recommend it.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not many hours
My experience
Taco Bell Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tiftonia, TNJuly 5, 2017
I loved working for Tacala. One of the best jobs I have had so far. Great environment and people. Very fast pace but if you can keep up it was fun. I wouldn't mind working there again.
Pros
Cinnibuns
Cons
Fastfood
Productive fun experience for a first time job good pay for a first too
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 4, 2017
I really enjoy working there with the night crew and everyone in it. I work hard everyday i am there i go above and beyond i even take part in helping someone else when i finish my duty. I am a busy body and cannot be put there with nothing to do.
Pros
health care provided
Cons
no free lunches
Enjoyed my time there.
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pounding Mill, VAMay 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with Tacala. It wasn't the best nor the worst of my experience in working in the food industry. Recipes are what they should be, and that is paramount. My store manager wasn't the greatest, but he was at least an understanding one, with good experience. He was just prone to getting pulled into the silly store drama, and therefore was failing as a leader.
Pros
Exoerience in fast paced food
Cons
Encompassing if you're not careful
Tacala is a terrible company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL areaMay 22, 2017
Tacala was a good company at first. However became terrible quickly. My area coach Adam made the job horrible. It is perfectly acceptable for him to scream and cuss at employees, make threats on a daily basis and to call other employees and gossip about you. Maybe the other markets are good with this company but the Huntsville market is trash all due to him. He is very unprofessional and should not even have a job.
Pros
None really
Cons
Poor management
Never enough hours available for a full staff
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 7, 2017
Just updated the bonus system and it's awful. Normal shift managers used to get around $250 for a good month of service and sales, now we are lucky to get $50 for the same amount of dedication and hard work. There are never enough hours available to have more than a skeleton staff (2 service champions and 2 food champions, including the manager). The work itself is very enjoyable, but with a limited staff and not very good bonuses the output of everyone has diminished quickly.
Pros
Up to $5 free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, small staff
Strict but fun
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Middlesboro, KYFebruary 12, 2017
Very busy and high paced with very strict time limit specifications for getting food out to the customer no matter what they order .
Pros
free lunch when you work, discount on days you don't
Cons
very high paced with almost impossible at times time limits
Very productive work environment
Taco Bell Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clanton, ALOctober 5, 2016
Working at Taco Bell, I stay on my feet 24/7. The work environment is great, very nice coworkers, and such a clean and sanitary place.
Pros
Half off on food when on the clock
Cons
Short breaks
Efficient workplace, but with little regard for employee wellbeing.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work were long hours for very little pay, and while they do typically advance skilled workers quickly and recognize hard work, promotions within the company come with very small raises and a much larger work load. The sick policy was often not followed and people were punished for following said policy. This job taught me a lot because I worked and lead some of the best and hardest workers I have ever met and worked harder than any job I have held and no one was rewarded as such. Hardest part of the job was watching employees work 40 hour weeks still walk home or have to call cabs to get home and the most enjoyable part was interacting with customers.
Pros
Customer Service, Cowrorkers
Cons
Underpaid, Often Hot Work Conditions
Its a speedy work environment with lots of communication
Shift leader/manager (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TNSeptember 3, 2016
Ive been working in costumer service for over 8 years. I really enjoy working with the public. I am just needing to move on to a better paying job to better benefit my family needs.
Horrible!!!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 6, 2016
Man taco bell is a horrible place to work. They cut your hrs in the summer. Team members get treated like nothing. The shift managers get more benefits and the team members do the most work. My rgm was hiring people who was kin to her and thats against the law. I worked there three years. I just quit because my rgm wouldn't transfer me
Pros
Free food if you make it
Cons
Horrible management
Haven't even started yet????
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 23, 2016
I was hired 3 weeks ago and I have yet to start training I had to contact them with 2 days left until my "training should start" to find out where and when I needed to be there. I was told I was being hired for store manager and now they are starting me out at shift manager. very unprofessional. this only make me wonder on how this is really going to work out.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
unprofessional managment
Horrible Staffing and management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2016
I loved the job itself but it was very poorly managed. The General Manager was never there and the store would be short staffed nearly every shift causing the store to close down early. The staff would stand around and not want to do anything.
Pros
Love taco bell
Cons
Management, Staff, Cleanliness