Taco Bell

United States33,213 reviews

Found 33,213 reviews matching the searchSee all 33,966 reviews

Good energy

Featured review

Taco Bell selected this as a representative review
Friendly environment, I was welcomed with opened arms and everyone is pleasant to work with and willing to help train you. VERY FLEXIBLE hours and easy going as long as you show up to work

Pros

Employee lunches

Cons

Not much of a con but you need to be able to work at fast pace

productive

It was fun at first but then things went downhill fast and it became a stressfull and not a good place to be. It is still a good place to work but still not the best.

Taco Bell insights

Based on 17,703 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Not the best management but not a bad job overall.

The management kinda sucks sometimes but they respect my schedule (again sometimes) and the people that work there are inclusive and fun. Not a bad job overall, starting pay for me was $10 an hour which isn’t bad especially cause it’s my first job.

Horrible experience

Management was horrible. Other staff was rude, pay was a joke. The manager would make mistakes in Peoples orders and then try to charge them extra. Overall environment was hostile. I hope it's changed for the better over the years but I doubt it.

Pros

50% employee discount on food

Cons

Management.

a basic job, with some very bad upper management

The Summary says it all. 2 out of 3 of my direct managers were amazing, the other one was absolutely unbearable. Past your simple manager, the owners and corporate are nonresponsive.

Fun and lively workplace. Would like to be offered more hours though.

Fun and lively workplace. Management is encouraging and easy to communicate with if you need assistance. Recommended for first time workers looking to gain experience. Would like to be offered more hours though.

Bad management

Trash management but fun to work at with a flexible schedule and free food especially if people got orders wrong and they were just sitting there out

fun

it was fun the food was good coworkers got along management tried their best. over all nice place to have you first job. would recommend. just need to update their cleaning routines.

Better than I expected

The staff I worked with was for the most part amazing. This was my first fast food job and I was surprised by the pay and bonus incentives they offered. I worked overtime almost every week, checks were always great. Work load wasn't bad at all, especially if you come from a line cook position as I did.

Workplace

I honestly loved working at Taco Bell. The management was relatively laid back. I was a service champion and worked drive thru and front counter. I liked my coworkers.

Sucks. New people paid more than others by almost 2 whole dollars. Chaos and always blamed for following rules

Management sucks along with higher ups. Can't get paid what new people are receiving unless working nights or opening or unless you become Management. Always leaving an hour after shift was done.

Overall, not great.

I was a closer mainly. There were too many times to count that they would expect me to work off clock. After saying absolutely not, I woud get sent home and the hostility for not working off clock raised dramatically.

Pros

There were free lunches though.

Cons

Stressful work enviroment, rushed breaks, expected to work off clock.

Good for a first job

Good for a first job. You will learn a lot of skills to better you for other work environments. Gets very fast paced but i enjoyed it because my coworkers were cool.

For the social its fun

It is a great place to grow and learn. Restaurants vary and it all depends on who is in charge to make a world of difference as to the experience you will go through.

Pros

Easy to learn

Cons

Easy to be overworked

They expect to much as a fast food speed of service is one especially if customers use drive thru a lot big orders I think as long as we are working and getting it right for the customer like under 4-5 minutes then it should be ok but they also expect labor to be too low as an employee or manager you work too hard for fast food the pressure they put on us is crazy

It’s very fun and fast pace

I love my job and think that everyone should at least give it a try. I will say it is not for everyone but you can certainly gain some insight and knowledge about how fast food works and the hard work that can go into it is rewarding

Moderate

It was a great first job but management wasn’t very well and I always felt like I was always trying to make sure I was doing something so I wouldn’t get in trouble

Great management; toxic environment

The managers are absolutely amazing, and adhere to your every need. But I do think it was to a point that they just needed workers that even if they were toxic members they were able to stay.

It’s an okay job

It’s not great it’s fast food. You’re underpaid and have to deal with angry screaming customers a lot and that’s at any fast food or retail job. Management treats you like a person though.

It's was a reasonable 1st job

This Taco Bell's main issue is lack of movement and unstable management team. They consistently moved and lost managers to better paying; better organized businesses which made it hard to maintain strong working relationships which are necessary in having a common vision and enforcement of company policies. These policies were also changed rather randomly and frequently, hurting their ability to operate efficiently. Generally as shift manager you were a grunt and had to enforce rather arbitrary rules. It was simple other than that; not much to learn, it is fast food.

The way they showed partiality to certain employees

You had to kiss up to the managers to get anything to get ours or get promotions or anything that you wanted to do to better yourself if you didn't catch up to the managers it didn't happen but that's just the one in Lumberton another one at Myrtle Beach Surfside was great to work at they believed and promoting with them they believed in giving the employees what they deserved praising the employees and helping the employees that was a great place to work but not in Lumberton

Pros

Food was half price

Common questions about Taco Bell

Answered by current and former employees at Taco Bell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Taco Bell with

Taco Bell reviews by popular job title

• Taco Bell
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?