Taco Bueno Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Be a quick learner able to work under stress good memory can count money able to have flexible availability always be on time and clean uniform and stay busy working
Taco Bueno Worker
Cashier/Closer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Working in a restaurant gives me experiences to greet customers. Also take order of customers needs ask guest to review correct wants to give the best experience will dinning in.
Pros
meals are made fresh
Cons
dish washing
Fun fast paced environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 6, 2018
Was very fun working there. Gave me all the chances and opportunities to grow in the company. Learned about customer service and sales. Was great building a team to deliver quality and fast service!
Pros
Food was super good
Cons
Healthcare
If there was a Bueno in Minnesota I would be so there!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXSeptember 6, 2018
It's a great company to work for. Love the food and the people that worked there. Had to move to Minnesota so I had to leave the job. The closest TB to me is 565 miles so the commute would be a pain!
Pros
food discounts
Cons
wearing non slip shoes
Fast but fun
Closing Cashier (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKSeptember 2, 2018
Typical day was orders and money then ended with cleaning, I learned that not all places have you do the same thing. Plus you have to rely on your coworkers like it is life or death. So communication is key at this company, Culture was as much culture as you can get. Only thing that was tough was when food was wrong or we got behind in orders. But I loved my coworkers and customers. The speed made time fly.
Pros
Fun people, decent money
Cons
Fast pace
Terrible leadership.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2018
Constantly degraded by upper management even be a top performer based on KPIs. No bonus paid out. Bonus plan changes everytime it's time to be paid out. Lead by a military idiot.
Great people
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OK 74055August 6, 2018
Enjoyed working for Taco Bueno The Work busy and slow depending on time of the day. Workplace culture was fun. Only able to work less than part time hours and salary was low. Looking for a higher paying position with more hours.
Pros
Free meals and fun environment
Cons
Low salary and hours
Laid back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 27, 2018
Taco Bueno had its ups and downs. They were either super busy or very dead at my location. Management was not fair no matter how early you would put in for vacation time you wouldn't hardly get it. It was a competition with the other Taco Buenos to see who could get the shortest time clock at the drive thru. Hardest part about working there was not being able to get weekends off.
Pros
discounted or free food
Cons
poor management
Taco Bueno was my first job! I loved working here.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at Taco Bueno was arriving in the morning drilling the boiled pinto beans making salsa with also cooking all your required items to open up it was amazingly fast paced and up beat! Being the morning cook kept you on your toes!
Pros
Free meall after two years otherwise 50% off.
Cons
NONE just work.
Na
Cashier, Cook, Lane (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TX 76051July 15, 2018
I had helped manage the store and clean the place up when it was needed I helped closed the store and it was fun working there lots of nice people never had trouble with anyone
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced and multitasking job setting
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be providing customer service like taking orders, dealing with money, giving the customer their meals, and cleaning up the lobby. I mainly learned how to provide customer service and keep the lobby clean. The workplace culture is comfortable and the hardest part of the job is being able to multitask in a very fast paced setting without getting annoyed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the closing duties.
Pros
Discounts at Taco Bueno
Cons
Multitasking while being very fast paced
no one ever shows up for work zo your always short handed!
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  RnidJuly 10, 2018
Management needs to be aggresive in the way they deal with all the no call no shows at this store. there needs to be a consequence flr their actions and currently there is not. Also a very drama filled, childish place to work with everyone telling on everyone and acting like it never happened. all i can say is THIS IS DUE TO NOT KEEPING A GENERAL MANAGER AND ASSISTANT MANAGER ON DUTY OR EVEN HIRED. THAT MAKES PEEPS BACK HERE THIS.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everyone almost complains and is laxy and ad
Fun place to work, good pay
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 1, 2018
For the most part I liked working at Taco Bueno. They advanced me quickly to management and also with pay increases. The only problem was that they have a trend about training up a General Manager and then when he/she gets familiar with the store, they move them to a different location and train somebody else. Gets a little hectic.
Pros
Good pay, fast advancement
Cons
Poor leadership, change policys a lot.
Its was way too understaffed everyday
Restaruant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2018
There was not enough people to handle the amount of traffic that came through there every day, the morning crew always made it more difficult for the night crew to do their jobs.
Stressful work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 23, 2018
Taco bueno is very competitive. It is a fast food place so that's understandable. I would not recommend any one to work here unless it's like your first time job
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful environment
Good beginning job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 23, 2018
A good job for a high schooler. I worked there when I was 16, and it was fine for extra money. My (old) manager was great, the assistant managers were great, my coworkers were great. The customers were the real problem, as well as the new manager. It was also just poorly ran from a business standpoint. Customers WILL take it out on you if they’re having a bad day, though hahaha. I had been yelled at and cussed out on multiple occasions because people had to wait a little long for their food. For a teenager, I wouldn’t say it’s a horrible job.
terrible place to work at
Cook (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 19, 2018
Don't try to work for this company they are not organized at all they don't respect there co workers. If you have an emergency with your family they don't care about that they will make you come into work that day.
Pros
non
Cons
terrible place to wok at
Very stressful job due to new management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 17, 2018
I worked at Taco Bueno in Cedar Hill, Tx. I was an employee for about 9 months. I resigned from
Taco Bueno due to unprofessionalism, coworkers being sexist, management lied to me about a raise, etc.
Cons
New management very unprofessional
It was interesting to me
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2018
I had a lot of fun working there. Being a part of the team was amazing. It felt like a family. The rushes could be really stressful sometimes. I remember a day while I was working there were only three of us there. We were in between shifts and rushes. There was a surprise rush. The supervisor was taking her time taking orders and the other team member that was on the drive-thru line were taking 15 to 20 minutes per an order I was on the front taking orders and making food as well as taking orders for drive-thru. I ended up taking over and at least one of them got fired.
Multi-Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2018
long hours, unsafe environment to work, company does not repair broken equipment, expects employees to work more hours than physically possible, skeleton crew

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Bueno. Our community is ready to answer.