Taco Bueno Employee Reviews

stressful job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 10, 2018
Job was very stressful with no management support. I was up for assistant GM and was passed over for another employee in another building. This company could be great if the right people were in the right positions.
The coworkers were nice people & I loved working with them
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2018
Taco bueno was a good job for someone who, goes to school & wants to earn money. My coworkers were like family, I loved working with them, they taught me a lot.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Every short breaks
nice environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2018
good starter job for high school students, not really a job for retirement, Its a good place for a second job and for parents with school children because of how late they are open.
Bad upper management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft worth TexasNovember 17, 2018
The Area Directors and Corporate executives dont care about the workers and managers who are in the store. They make unreasonable demands on us at the store level. They put one manager against the other just for fun. They tell you one thing but change the rules in 5 seconds. This company is not what it use to be
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks, cant take your vacation
overall fair place to work, if you want no career advancement until your 12th year.
Crew Member/Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXNovember 17, 2018
great place, great people, but getting past crew member is next to impossible. manager is a great man, but any promotions must be approved by the district manager, and she doesn't like to allow promotions.
Easy going
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2018
All I had to do was work the drive through and the front and check orders. Along with cleaning the dining room, restocking the salsa bar, the drink cups, taking out trash, cleaning the restrooms and sometimes I had to help prep food. The management was laid-back and very nice and understanding. The most enjoyable part was that it was very easy all around and it is a great fist time job.
Pros
Laid back, not super busy, easy to pick up
Cons
no PTO, poor pay
fun workplace with motivatijng people to work with
Cashier/Cook helper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2018
The most enjoyable moment on the job was when i started cooking the food because it was my first time cooking. The manager can be harsh to the employees sometimes. The hardest part of the job is having to work at a very fast pace because the place can be filled with customers waiting to make their order. Everyone motivates each other to work faster and better.
Pros
employee discount, breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2018
Taco bueno had a very fun and friendly atmosphere with everyday customers and new customers that we turned into everyday customers and not just because of the food but because of the excellent work environment.
Good for the most part
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 28, 2018
In the long run the job was worth it with a 9.00 $ hourly pay. I would most definitely go back and work if the management was switched and changed around.
Pros
free food to take home
Great crew
Cashier and drive thru (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXOctober 21, 2018
The crew was very helpful my hours weren’t enough for me to go off of . I am a high school student a junior actually and I have a lot of things I needed to pay for and my checks weren’t enough because I was getting short hours because of labor
typical fast food environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXOctober 17, 2018
management was kind of everywhere, you wont just be doing one job, you do a bit of everything, decent starting out pay if you're still in school, shifts can be pretty late
Cashier
Cashier/Closer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 16, 2018
Start of work day come in clean topping bar. Greet customer when attending him or her review client order to conform order is correct. Hand order to client.
Pros
discount lunches
Not the best place to work but it’s decent.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKOctober 15, 2018
It’s for people to work at if they’re looking for a decent job. I got paid $10 an hour because I’m the military I’m a culinary specialist. The fast food place had poor plannning and the food wasn’t too great based upon the ingredients.
great
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 15, 2018
Managers were great, i was promoted after 3 months to my own store. Never had any problems. upper management was always ready to help with any questions i had. willing to help
Good job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 14, 2018
Taco Bueno was a good job in every since, they were really good at making sure the customers were happy, and keeping the store clean, everything is made fresh everyday, Management could be a hassle sometimes depending on who you worked for, but besides that everyone got along.
Good for career advancement
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 3, 2018
Good place to work flexible hours and days off flexible. Good for career advancement they always permote from within. Advancement is always there if you want it.
Not a good experience
Customer service and hospitality (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 1, 2018
just general work it has been a while since i worked there i just wanna apply for jobs i may come back and fix this later
a typical day at work i would work front cashier during the day and kitchen as well as cooking and preparing food
tacobueno
cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 19, 2018
fast paced job and had to be very qiuck , and get along with co workers just make sure your stocked on everything before the rush comes in.iwould always like to clean and do extra stocking and prepin for my tam members
Fast paced
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Be a quick learner able to work under stress good memory can count money able to have flexible availability always be on time and clean uniform and stay busy working
Taco Bueno Worker
Cashier/Closer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Working in a restaurant gives me experiences to greet customers. Also take order of customers needs ask guest to review correct wants to give the best experience will dinning in.
Pros
meals are made fresh
Cons
dish washing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Bueno. Our community is ready to answer.