Taco Cabana Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It's a good place to work at with all the coworkers
Taco cabana cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2018
It's a good company i liked to work there it is a little tuff when your short staff but it's good
It was one of my peak point in my career
Restaurant manager (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXJuly 12, 2018
Opening , Midday, overnight ,& closing . It was all great joy to open TC 357, Great Training for Mangers if you love being in the kitchen and working as a team its a great job.
It was an ok job nothing too special
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 11, 2018
I honestly found it pretty okay wasn’t that good but overall it’s a job it is what it is the pay maybe could’ve been better but it was okay overall that’s all
okay
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Balch Springs, TXJuly 9, 2018
Only worked part time while in school. Over all staff was nice, work load wasn't too hectic. Job duties were light and manageable. pay was reasoable for being part time
Fun place to work, family oriented
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
provides flexible schedule with 4 shifts, free manager meals while on duty, referral bonus, quarterly and annual bonus, promotes growth from within and provides training to prepare you for the next position.
Pros
Bonus Buck progran, provides 50% off any meal up to 150.00, Growth from within along with training to get prepare you fro that position.
Cons
No overtime, Low hourly pay, tight labor
Fun place
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 5, 2018
Its a great working environment for individuals seeking a a good start in the culinary industry overall a great experience and super great management.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Lack of employees
Awesome job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 5, 2018
Everyone was a family there. There food is delicious and thryre employees are awesome . Restroom always runs outta toilet paper but once u report it they fix it right away. Kids always leave with a full stomach.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
It was an okay job for a high schooler
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 4, 2018
The job wasn’t tough (on the weekdays) since I worked evenings and rushes weren’t present. Only on the weekends it was hard cause you had to get orders out asap or else managers would get on your behind.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced, drama
It’s a fun working place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJune 29, 2018
I’d recommend working at Taco Cabana to a friend only if I knew they really needed a little extra cash. I only make enough to pay my bills at TC and I definitely need more. I started of at 9 an hour and people who started after me got started of at 10 or 11 an hour.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
Poor
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Balch Springs, TXJune 28, 2018
I was not happy overall working at taco cabana. There is no organization and everything is blamed on the employees when in reality the managers are supposed to keep everything together.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor organization
Very busy
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 27, 2018
Breakfast time is the busiest but usually steady throughout the day. People are fun to work with especially on Drive thru. It can get stressful at times but nothing you can't handle.
Don’t expect a raise for working hard
Everything (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 26, 2018
The management consists of whoever is willing to kiss butt the most. The owners are there almost everyday but they must be “insane” because they do the same thing everyday and expect different results! Good luck taco cabana. I’d say a couple more years they’ll start having to close some locations. Don’t take my word for it. Go and see for yourself.
Pros
Free salsa and limes
Cons
Dirty and it’s always a 50/50 chance
Did not like it!
cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2018
Taco Cabana was the only one in Tulsa when I worked there. It seemed like management was stressed and worked really hard fir nothing which made them seem very rude since they were so unhappy. About a year after i quit the place was shut down.
Never working here again
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 22, 2018
I have been here a year and some.months and in that time I have came across alot of people. I have never in my life been so stress until I started working here. The mangers are rude, the.Gm never wanna hear you. You have to beg f9r a raise your deserve.
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2018
A typical day at taco cabana,when I first arrive in the morning i do an inventory,count safe,get cash registers ready.I make sure I have enough employees for the day.I do my food temperatures,I greet customers with a smile and enthusiasm.the hardest part of the job is when team members call in.the thing I enjoy the most about my job,is serving customers and seeing them satisfied
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
not enough pay
This is not a good jon to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2018
They were not flexible with my hours, they didn’t do their jobs right. They cooked old chicken and gave it to the customers and they didn’t care that they had roaches.
Chaotic but a Good Beginning
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 21, 2018
The work environment was very unorganized and poorly managed at the Pearland location. There was a high turnover rate at the particular location and an imbalance/influx in scheduling causing some to be shorted and others (like me) to be overworked. There was sort of a cultural divide amongst employees causing tension, but all tension was put aside and teamwork increased to alleviate the chaotic vibe during busy times.
Pros
TABC certification, entry level position
Cons
chaos, poor management
It can be chill and a little hectic at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJune 16, 2018
Its like any other Fast Food place, busy during rush times, and chill during non rush times.
There's always something to do, like prep for rush.
Working lobby can be little much if people call out, but dont let it get to you, and always understand that you are just one person.
Pros
Gives you food lunch
Cons
Coworkers can maybe be flacky
Okay first Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
Schedule can be inconsistent as the general manager has trouble remembering basic details of what you ask him, but you can still get some wiggle room from the assistant managers.
Very fun and relaxed.
Food Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with Taco Cabana. I had to leave because I couldn’t get a food handling permit quick enough. But if I did I’m sure I would’ve been at the job still. It’s kinda easy but challenging.
Pros
Discounts
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Cabana. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.0InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight