Taco Time Northwest Employee Reviews

I loved working here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 28, 2018
Great environment, friendly collaborative crew to make rushes easy. Teaches how to handle fast-paced work. All food is made fresh and to order. Management is very laid back and cooperative with time off requests and scheduling.
Pros
Discounted food, flexible scheduling, communication, food prep, and cash handling experience
Cons
very fast paced
Friendly people and paid well
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 7, 2018
My coworkers were pretty friendly and it was a fun place to work at times. Sometimes it could get really busy and stressful. They always had something for you to work on.
Taco Time Bremerton - Frustration and Favoratism
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 15, 2018
The food is really great and some of the people there are top notch.
The pay is better than average.

That said...
There are WAY to many "leaders" compared to regular crew, which results in severely cut hours for regular crew members. There also is a severe discrepancy in how to perform tasks, no clear or consistent training in daily tasks, the result being an employee unsure on the correct way to perform said tasks.

Extremely "clique-ish". Gossip and office politics seem to matter more than a good work ethic and the desire to actually accomplish a successful shift or set up the next shift for success. Some basic but highly necessary shift tasks are shirked with the idea of "I don't want to do this so I'll drag my feet and the next shift can take care of it".

These points make for a very frustrating and overly stressful work environment, much more than it should be.
Pros
employee discount on food, better than average wages for this type of resturant
Cons
shorted breaks, biased treatment of emloyees, favoratism.
Fellow employees were good but management is not
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAJanuary 2, 2018
Some old shift leaders were really nice and the AGM is an absolute angel, but the upper management was awful. Our GM only cared about the needs of the customers, and would ignore employee complaints and needs. I finally left because of harassment from a manager. The raises are barely anything unless the GM really likes you, and there have been threats of losing pay over discussing wages. There were some customers and workers who always brought a smile to my face, but most of them have quit or left. The food is good and the discount is nice, but the stress isn't worth it.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Upper management
Joke of an establishment, its a miracle they pass a health inspection
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 3, 2017
Unprofessional and unsanitary, all around joke of a fast food joint. The general manager sent me home and threatened to fire me because i threw out expired crisp meat burritos.
It is a little better than what you would expect.
Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WAAugust 12, 2017
Taco Time Northwest, especially now since corporate took over all franchise locations is a fast food restaurant so the culture and guests that you will be interacting with is in itself the same as any other fast food restaurant. As like any fast food job there is a high turnover and management will generally have not a lot of education. Though there is plenty of opportunity to move up in management, especially if you are willing to move to the new and appropriated locations. As management do not expect to not work as a crewmember.
Pros
Food discount, very little frozen and "heated" foods
Cons
Healthcare is only for management, guests
Taco Time in Mount Vernon has a great work environment with kind staff.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJune 11, 2017
In my time working here so far I have had no issues and the other employees have been wonderful. It's a rather simple job with great co-workers and good hours.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Shortstaffed
Another food job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 10, 2017
If you've worked the food service before, it's just another food job you're going to grow tired of. The only good thing I can say is the schedule will be posted on time.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Everything else
Good pay for fast food
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2017
Stays just ahead of minimum wage, which makes them a competitive employer. Customer service is always taxing, but good coworkers go a long way. Discount on food for employees.
stressfull
training floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAMarch 13, 2017
a typical work day would consist of being berated by customers and working hard for a low wage. the culture in the work place is chaotic and undesirable.
Pros
free food
Cons
no healthcare
It's okay.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAFebruary 24, 2017
Work days are very stressful and can be crazy, I learned better customer service and many food handling techniques. Not a big fan on the environment but not a bad place to work and management is fabulous.
Pros
discounts
Cons
nothing
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Good company to work for, I have really enjoyed my time there and plan to continue for a long time. Possibly a career. I have a typical day of customer service and a specific menu. Good management, and the whole job can be hard, but it always gives satisfaction which makes it the most enjoyable.
Good crew calls for a good shift
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAFebruary 18, 2017
Working at Taco Time is like working with friends and family. When there's issues, we sort them out. When there's stressful situations, we use teamwork. Following checklists to make sure everything this done and caught up. Although there are some things thatseem unfair or over looked, but no work place is perfect, and tomorrow is a new day.
Pros
Pto, long term benefits, good hours
Cons
Short breaks, repetitive tasks, customers attitude
Mangers come and go to often
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spokane waSeptember 29, 2016
I've work at taco time on north division for almost 2 years and have been through 9 different managers. It's a good job for a first time, but not if you want a stready schedule every week with flexible hours taco time isn't for you.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Service
Not the greatest, but a good start
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAAugust 6, 2016
A typical work day you walk in and its just go, go, go. The store isn't busy enough to be fully staffed so you are doing the work of 2 people all day. Sometimes the stress gets to everybody.
Pros
Regular customers
Cons
Short breaks, high stress
Fast paced, fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Stanwood, WAJuly 19, 2016
Taco time was a fast paced fun work environment. I opened and closed. Opening consisted of mopping, prepping food, cleaning the kitchen and dishes. Closing we threw select foods away, cleaned the kitchen, dining room, and bathrooms, swept everything, and mopped the kitchen. During a shift I was either a cashier or I was making food. We had to serve the food to the guests out in the dining room.
Pros
Discount, free drinks, good co workers
Cons
Not the hours I wanted
Friendly work environment with many benefits
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work! Its been my most favorite job yet. The restaurant is always staffed with very friendly people. You gain experience that you can apply to any other restaurant or customer service position. There is plenty of room for advancement. Management is mostly promoted from within the store! Helps build great team working skills also. Great temporary or long term job. All food is made fresh! Delicious :)
Pros
Free drinks, 35% discount on food, health and dental care, 401k retirement plan, over time, time and a half on holidays, and paid vacation
Cons
Very warm work environment
Fun place to work
Crew Member/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 9, 2016
Harder to learn the ropes unlike average fast food joints. I loved my coworkers and our regulars. Great place to work for high school students for the pay and hours.
Pros
Pay, Fresh Food, 30% discount
Cons
Hours
Great Place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Boss was friendly and easy to work with. Fun employees to work with, which made it easy to forget the sometimes challenging job at hand.
Fast paced and exciting
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 10, 2016
Managed a crew of up to eight people. Served quality food to guests in a timely manner. Managed deliveries, ordering, payroll, hiring, inventory and training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Time Northwest. Our community is ready to answer.