Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department Employee Review

View all Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department reviews

Kind people with little room for personal advancement
Volunteer Intern (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 10, 2016
I have gotten to know a number of people throughout departments who have all proven to be kind and hard working. However, there is little/no room for people to move up or laterally (from personal experience and what my mentors have hinted at). There is little funding available so workers are forced to do too much work for too little money. The building is small and outdated and there is little work space.

Other Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department Employee Reviews

Not the worse experience but certainly not the best either
Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 16, 2019
The workload is stressful but manageable if you are good at time management. The biggest issue for me is the culture of politics in the chemical dependency clinic. There is no rhyme or reason for anything that happens in that clinic. Everything is at the whim and feelings of the Clinic Coordinator and the click-ish management team. Advancement and cuddos are given to those who brown nose and is not determined by merit or experience.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
click-ish culture
Administrative
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 9, 2019
Within a five year span, I have applied to Tacoma-Pierce County Heath Department for administration positions, and within each time applying I have gain a significant amount of experience and confidence. However, every time I applied I always get a response that I was not selected for interviewing and HR has decided to move forward with other successful candidates. Yet, that very same day, I will see A job post for that very same position I just got rejected from! It’s who you know in order to get a job with Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department, as they will not give any potential candidates who are more than qualifying a cha nce...unless you have relations with someone who works there. And judging by the past reviews about the organization itself, it’s a good thing I do not work for them because their mission statement of serving the public good is no longer a vision.