Tacoma Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Just computer lab staff
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 11, 2018
Work study computer lab staff. Helped fellow students with computer related problems in the lab. People had a hard time with using computers pretty frequently.
High energy, fun and creative focused
SI Leader (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98446June 13, 2018
Everyday felt like a melding of the minds as we discussed our plans for sessions after class. Once a week we had team meetings where we discussed new collaborative techniques and gave each other advice for future plans.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No benefits
great place for Work Study experience only
Office Worker I (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 21, 2018
thankful for work study offering me the opportunity to learn how to scan, and keep up my office skills and to get over my fears of working with the public again
Pros
good people to work around
Cons
no opportunity after work study ended
Awesome working environment
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 19, 2018
I love working here because there are so many way to learn new materials and the team collaboration is amazing. The exposure to hands on training, providing service to internal and external client is always a success because I've always and constantly creating, and enhancing service relationship professionally, has always been amazing. I enjoy working here at TCC and would recommend to others who are looking to make a difference in the community of internal and external clients.
A good educational institution
Vice President, HR & Legal Affairs (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 28, 2018
Great place to work with good people. I have had good experiences which have prepared me for future work experiences. The mission of Tacoma Community College is to educate students and they are central to everything the employees do.
I worked at Tacoma Community college as a work study position for students. It was a pleasant atmosphere with a diligent work ethic.
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 25, 2018
I worked as a front desk receptionist for the security program at Tacoma Community College. I was in a small corner which was very uncomfortable and difficult to use the computer we had set up. They have a new office now and I suspect it is far more convenient to use. otherwise I truly enjoyed working at the college. My Coworkers were pleasant to be around and my boss was considerate of my school schedule.
Great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 16, 2018
Great work environment, loved working there. Flexible hours, nice people. I worked in the tutoring department, learned a lot. There doesn't seam to be a whole lot of work opportunities, as the hours are pretty short but it's great for a student.
Enjoyable part of my job
Program Coordinator for A/R (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers. I enjoyed working with everyone in the business office. We all worked together and got things done.
Truly great people
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 15, 2018
The lab techs at this college are amazing people. I loved working with each and every one of them. They facilities are new and well thought out, there was no fighting over space or safety issues, and there were never budget issues.
The program I worked for was eliminated due to consolidation.
Educational Planner and various other positions (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 8, 2018
The college does not live up to its mission statement of being inclusive when hiring for open positions. Once again, hiring from within was seldom done.
Pros
Good college with a lot of potential
Cons
Difficult to move up in organization
Internship with SummerJobs253, Enrollment Services
ENROLLMENT SERVICES INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 2, 2018
The typical day at work was to walk in and say good morning to everyone as you walked past their desk and then I would begin to file paperwork while waiting for my boss to come in and explain to me what the next task was. Sometimes I was a receptionist at the Welcome desk and assisted students with academic related questions. It was never a really hard job, I enjoyed being a receptionist the most because I was able to personally help people.
Pleasant work place
Office Clerk-work study job (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at Tacoma Community College. I felt welcomed to the other employees in my department and someone was always willing to help me if needed.
Pros
Co-workers were very helpful
Cons
This was a work study job and ended once I graduated
Not bad
A&P and Biology Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 19, 2018
Easy workload, good people to work and be around.
Flexible in out times.
Nearly enough parking during all hours.
Nearly every major holiday off and slow summer is great too.
Pros
Hours, workload
Cons
Benefits for part timers are almost non-existent.
tacoma community college
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 9, 2018
working for this company brings a family friendly environment with gatherings and events to really know each other on a more personal level. which also brings love amongst the staff
Relaxing Work Study Opportunity
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 8, 2018
I worked at TCC's Advising and Counseling Center as a receptionist of sorts for Work Study. I appreciate how simple the work was (schedule, answer phones, file, call students when their adviser is ready, etc.) and what a calm and laid-back environment it was. Plus, I knew all the advisers and counselors so if I was ever having a bad day I had a bunch of awesome professionals I could talk to. Sweetest manager in the world, too.
Pros
Great environment, great team, simple work
Cons
Rude students every now and then
Good team workers with professional staff.
Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 22, 2018
I really liked to work at Tacoma Community College. It was my first job for Federal Government College. I was a Bookstore Assistant and my job was support our students and staff to selling them different kinds of goods and books. I learned how to use a Sequoia and Back office. All managers and staff are very friendly and professional team workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was a wok with customers and do inventory.
Needs Better Leadership
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 16, 2018
There are a lot of great things about TCC - and a lot of really hard working people. Unfortunately there are a lot of terrible things happening which go completely unnoticed (or at least become ignored) by those in leadership roles in other departments. Because of unions and being a government employer, there is a ton of red tape making it hard to get things accomplished quickly. Overall it is frustrating to be one of the hard workers who observes others go through the motions without having to actually accomplish any work.
Pros
Lots of time off, friendly atmosphere, no one wants to upset you, lots of holidays off
Cons
Too much talking and not enough action, too many leadership roles filled with incompetent individuals, frustrating to talk about issues without actually resolving anything.
Fun place to work at, willing to work around school schedule
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 11, 2017
Tacoma community College is a great school and an amazing place to work at. People are willing to work around your personal school schedule, and provide useful information.
Flexible and comfortable work environment
Peer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Tacoma Community College a great deal. My work was very flexible with my school schedule and allowed for a relaxed work environment that made it easy to train and acclimate to the job. It was often hard to train multiple secretaries at once but I was always acknowledged for my efforts and given great constructive criticism when necessary. However, what I most enjoyed what having the opportunity to connect with many different members of the community and network with individuals from various backgrounds.
great team work
Clinical Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 5, 2017
Enjoyed working with them, would still be there but I had to re-locate to Colorado. The faculty gave my the opportunity for my first teaching experience and I am extremely grateful.