Taconic Employee Reviews

•Poor management
• No room to advance
• Favoritisms
• Minimum pay rate $12 per hour
• Not enough raises. Raises vary from 0.30 cents to 0.50 cents per year, based on “performance”
• Employees are not taken care of
• No real training
• Not enough appreciation towards employees
Pros
Monday through Friday hours vary from 6am-4:30pm or 7am-3:30pm
Good future for this company
Manager / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 7, 2018
The company has been through a lot of changes over the past couple of years. The organization has had to make some tough changes in 2016 and 2017 to improve profitability. The company is off to a great start in 2018 and the company is making positive changes to peoples pay, bonus, 401K contribution, health care cost etc.

Most of the leadership has only been with the company for a couple of years. In my experience, I see lots of positive changes and collaboration between different departments. Overall the vibe is professional, hardworking, and friendly. I work in Albany, so it depends on where you work and who you work for

Everything is not perfect, but its getting there. I would like to see a few improvements to their health care options, however its not bad.
Pros
Helping provide solutions to improve peoples lives, good co-workers, opportunities to expand your skill set
Cons
Healthcare contribution could be better
Sweatshop
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Petersburgh, NYJanuary 3, 2018
If you are thinking about working for this company in production you may want to think again.The benefits are good if you can make it past 3 months, but not many do. They have a profit sharing program but it takes years to qualify. Also, they have a perfect attendance incentive, but if you're ever even one second late you lose it. Some of the people are nice, but most of them just ignore you and talk behind your back. You're either really busy or standing around doing nothing. If you like to get your hands dirty, work with PFOA's and sweat profusely then this might be the place for you. Not recommended for anyone unless you're really desperate for a job. It's as exciting as watching Teflon dry... Literally! I feel sorry for those who have to work here.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Great company to work for.
Maintenance / Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Germantown, NYDecember 1, 2018
Great place to work. A lot of very nice co-workers. Hated to leave.
Would like to work there again. But I live in Iowa now. To many nice things to say about the company. Management, co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
Very good with vactions
Excellent place to work
ADD operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, NYFebruary 15, 2019
Friendly co workers great envirnroment good managers. Very approachable with issues. Non stressful job. Good pay flexible hours. Managers are understanding of work place issues and always try to resolve the issue and if they dont understand they stay and work along side to view the issue first hand. Collaborative problem solving
Miserable place
Animal Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, NYDecember 19, 2017
Very poor management skills and very clicky. If you dont fit in they make it miserable. The management often does nothing while the employees have a rediculous amount of work. The only reason people stay is the money and ok benefits.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Stay away
Everything (Former Employee) –  Petersburgh, NYDecember 11, 2018
All I have to say is at one time the company cared about the employees now it's all about the almighty dollar wasted 24 yrs here they treat new people better then the ones that have put years in dont go there to work unless you really have to
A nightmare
Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburgh, NYJune 5, 2018
Poor management with no job advancement. A complete waste of time. This company gave us the wrong air filtration masks to clean inside a oven using toxic chemicals. Breathing in the toxic chemicals all day explains the employees IQ.
Pros
Cons
everything
fast pase pruduction
shipper, machine opperator and specialty (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, NYJuly 20, 2012
Basic tasks are consistent day to day but different orders help to make it more interesting. Mostly a friendly work place, hard to get along with some of the management. Several managers worried about other areas more than their own. Fixing to many things that were not broken. Managers wanted overtime to be done before regular shift hours. Need to pay close attention to details when maintaining orders and make sure its completed before packaging. Be careful to not clock in to early.
Pros
good benefits, quarterly bonus if production was up
Cons
production workers didn't have a paid lunch and need benefits to better fit workers
Not so flexible for improving education
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Petersburgh, NYJune 18, 2018
Starting at this job knowing I needed to finish my degree when it came to go back to school and I needed to go to PT I was told to resign or get fired
Dump
Operater (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 25, 2018
This place is a joke management is also a joke they want everything to be perfect but will not fix any issues also you have to have hair and beard nets even though you have no hair go work at Walmart or something else
Productive and fun work place with a great culture
Belting (Current Employee) –  Petersburgh, NYJuly 10, 2016
Taconic is a blast to work at. Management is amazing and quite friendly. Management is also open to listening to new ideas.

Raises are offered, benefits are great and affordable and time off is generous.

The only downside to working at Taconic is the location.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Work Environment
Cons
All I can do is laugh at this place.
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, NYMarch 15, 2017
So much favoritism, I've spent WAY too long at this place for just nothing!
The pay and benefits are awesome and that's how they get you to stay so long. I have never seen so much favoritism at one place before. So if you consider working here, be prepared, don't get on their bad side.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No advancement and pay little better than minimum wage
Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, NYMarch 25, 2018
I was no more than a glorified mouse janitor and there was no advancement available at all. All of the coworkers that I had were long time employees that had never been promoted in all their years there.
Not my favorite place I've worked
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, NYSeptember 12, 2017
I have to say that I thought this job would be completely different. I enjoyed the people that I worked with but I did not enjoy the job at all. The management was terrible and the work load is a lot. Granted not all the management is horrible but I did get stuck with a lot of work that my supervisor dumped on me and she didn't really do much all day.
Productive Workplace
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 22, 2017
It is an amazing workplace where any person can grow their interpersonal skills . It has teach so much about Property Management, office and computer skills.
unequal rights for people
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Petersburgh, NYAugust 8, 2016
I have worked in a few different setting and this is by far the worst. They treat each shift differently and change the policy by shift. The worst at communication and unwilling to work with each employee. While there I have seen favoritism to employees like no place I have seen prior. As for the communication, I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing especially when it comes to following the policy that is in the hand book.
Pros
Close to home for several people that work in the area
Cons
too many to list.
okay place to work
Surgical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYMay 1, 2017
its kay, very slow paced. lots of layoffs. many people have jumped ship in fear of losing their job. management is horrible. they play favorites and do not give credit where credit is due.