Tact Medical Staffing Corp Employee Reviews

Dynamic Workplace
Travel Nurse Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Working at Tact has challenged me to grow professionally.
The dynamic work environment promotes thinking fast and indeed challenges you to break out of your shell and extend your abilities beyond your comfort levels.
Pros
Free Coffee, Convenient to public transportation
Cons
Small breakroon
lack of advocacy for nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
I did not receive very many shifts at the hospital I was assigned to, and the staffing company did not advocate for me to get more shifts. They did not try to place me at a different hospital to get more hours.
Treated like family
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
Everyone felt like family. I will miss my time at Tact and would recommend this place to everyone. My hard work was always noticed and well appreciated.
Upper management was always open to teaching me something new and helping me grow in my career with them.
Pros
Friendly staff, tremendous growth, great company culture
Beautiful places to work for the company.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
The difference places working in a few days and moving on. The place had a lot enjoyable parts and working with different cultures on the work place was so amaze to work for. I think management was very respectful..
Pros
Its okay great place to work for and i enjoyed all my positions
Cons
too shorts and not grantee job that last longer.
fair place to work for
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
this company got my foot in the door, which im completely grateful for. My recuiter was pretty nice and fair and gave me as much opportunities as she could
Pros
unlimited assignments if you show your worth
It was okay
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working here. It was one of my first jobs out of school. Management tries to foster an environment where kids would feel comfortable which made me uncomfortable. They like hiring young, fresh out of college people so that they can pay low and talk down to their employees.
Pros
Recruiting was fun
Cons
Didn't like management
The company has no real direction
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
While at Tact there was no support. Employees were not held accountable when they did not follow through with tasks. While hard working employees were blamed for other peoples work.
Pros
Casual Fridays
Cons
Everything else
Look Elsewhere.. the good reviews are fake
Recruiter/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Everyday, different directives. management is clueless and unsupportive. yelling and fighting in open areas. gossip, constantly changing the rules for commission. turnover is ridiculous!
Cons
everything, nothing good to say
these people are not truthful
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Stay away.....They are useless horrible liers! Who are not professional useless and just string you along to pretend they are trying to place you in a job...the Worst medical agency ever seen.. Tact should be reported to the BBB and put out of buisness-by labor dept-for misleading people..something is not right with tact....I bet its a lot swept under the rug...Sad..
Pros
nothing play games with your career
Cons
hopefully they show you their true color before its to late and you wast your time
Fake Reviews! This place is a sinking ship.
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2016
This company is absolutely horrible. They constantly replace their recruiters with new grads for their own profit. Typical employment span for new recruiters is about 8-12 months. You will spend your days making 60-80 pointless phone calls to resumes in their database from even 20 years ago, hoping that they or someone they know are interested in taking a temporary 2-3 month position. As a recruiter, they sell you the job with the "commission" that you'll make but it's a cruel joke. Make sure to check your commission stubs because they cheat you, or hold your pay because the company doesn't have the funds to pay you on time.

Management consists of mainly 3 people - a senior recruiter, Vice president, and President. The so called "president" of this company is completely clueless of the staffing world or the health profession industry. The business was passed down several generations and of course declining year after year because of terrible leadership and innovation. The senior recruiter is an egocentric narcissist who abuses her seniority and spends her days criticizing other staff members with continuous passive aggressive comments and loves indulging in gossip. The VP is the only one who knows a lick of whats happening within the company but also gets easily manipulated by whatever the senior recruiter tells him whether it's business or personal.

The staff they do keep are incompetent fakers. If you can actually recruit, they will throw you out so they can keep your commission and pipeline of prospects. People here are rude and unprofessional. The scenario of when
  more... you get "laid-off" goes something like this...a random call from the President to step into his office at around 3-4pm, he then sits you down and tells you that the company is doing really bad and they're letting go of several people (which they really are) and that you're one of them - followed by a cold dismissal.

The premiums for their health insurance is a joke which is why no one ever signs up. Good luck trying to take long vacations which by the way, your vacation days don't kick in until after 6 months and they require a 2 month notice if you're planning to go anywhere.

Advice to Management - Just pull the plug and file for bankruptcy. Your clientele, management and finances are non existent and a joke. Good Luck.
Pros
Cons
Everything and Everyone
Tact Medical Stafing - Bellevue Hospital
Surgical Services Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
I am employed under Tact medical witch is a staffing agency and I am currently assigned to Bellevue Hospital where I absolutely love. I thank Tact medical for assigning me there. my experience at the hospital good over all there is never a dull moment very busy , Iv learned and was able to apply my experience into my work. Co- workers and peers all work together its a family thing team work is essential in all departments every one has one another's back. Management is also part of the team very supportive.
Pros
exceptional staff
Pleasant
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
Working with Tact was a pleasant and easy task. Representatives listened and acted fast in pleasing their staff. Tact a great temporary Staffing Agency to work for any time.
Great Company to work for.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
As a Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist I can say that working for Tact was a great experience and a honor due to that they always keep me busy in the work force as well as salary. They maintained me aware of all situations and new jobs. The personnel was excellent and informative. Working for Tact was a pleasure.
Very good company
Ultrasound tech (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYJuly 14, 2015
I worked for this agency more than 1 year as an ultrasound tech for the hospital. I'm very much satisfied of the experience with them.
Everybody is very reliable and quick to help. Highly recommend.
You even get some benefits as paid sick days and medical insurance. Salary is more than you will get as an employee hospital
Pros
Reliable, helpful, some benefits, good salary
go elsewhere
recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
the company treats people as disposable. the owner is moody and one day he likes you the next day you are out.
staff are treated like children. hard work is not rewarded.
no growth. outdated training. bookkeeper is so difficult.
Pros
its a job
Cons
high turnover. no loyalty. no career advancement
Great opportunity
Chart Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst Hospital CenterApril 12, 2015
Tact Medical Staffing really helped me to get the job I needed. I enjoyed working as a chart reviewer and had advanced professionally as well.
Productive and great platform to work
Chart reviewer (Former Employee) –  Queens,NYApril 6, 2015
Great platform to start with ,staff is really helpful and always there to answer any questions that I had. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Great team of people.
Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
I learned a lot, and the development training is ongoing, you are never left out of the loop. Always an open line of communication.
Funn
Chart Reviewer - Quality Management Dept (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
Excellent communication
Great manager
Typical staffing firm
Pros
Cons
Free physicals
They gave me a job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2014
They gave me a good job - once a week, but I am glad to have it. Any experience is a very useful thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tact Medical Staffing Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

Tact Medical Staffing Corp Reviews by Location