Tact Medical Staffing Corp Employee Reviews

Dynamic Workplace
Travel Nurse Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Working at Tact has challenged me to grow professionally.
The dynamic work environment promotes thinking fast and indeed challenges you to break out of your shell and extend your abilities beyond your comfort levels.
Pros
Free Coffee, Convenient to public transportation
Cons
Small breakroon
Good job placement
Woodhull Medical Center - Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
I worked as a temp for Tact Medical Staffing. I did not work in their headquarters so i really can't determine what the work culture was like there. My employment with them was really more at Woodhull hospital working in file room in the human resources department which is were I was placed.
Pros
Good job placement
Cons
No paid sick or vacation days
lack of advocacy for nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
I did not receive very many shifts at the hospital I was assigned to, and the staffing company did not advocate for me to get more shifts. They did not try to place me at a different hospital to get more hours.
Beautiful places to work for the company.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
The difference places working in a few days and moving on. The place had a lot enjoyable parts and working with different cultures on the work place was so amaze to work for. I think management was very respectful..
Pros
Its okay great place to work for and i enjoyed all my positions
Cons
too shorts and not grantee job that last longer.
Treated like family
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
Everyone felt like family. I will miss my time at Tact and would recommend this place to everyone. My hard work was always noticed and well appreciated.
Upper management was always open to teaching me something new and helping me grow in my career with them.
Pros
Friendly staff, tremendous growth, great company culture
It was okay
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working here. It was one of my first jobs out of school. Management tries to foster an environment where kids would feel comfortable which made me uncomfortable. They like hiring young, fresh out of college people so that they can pay low and talk down to their employees.
Pros
Recruiting was fun
Cons
Didn't like management
these people are not truthful
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Stay away.....They are useless horrible liers! Who are not professional useless and just string you along to pretend they are trying to place you in a job...the Worst medical agency ever seen.. Tact should be reported to the BBB and put out of buisness-by labor dept-for misleading people..something is not right with tact....I bet its a lot swept under the rug...Sad..
Pros
nothing play games with your career
Cons
hopefully they show you their true color before its to late and you wast your time
Tact Medical Stafing - Bellevue Hospital
Surgical Services Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
I am employed under Tact medical witch is a staffing agency and I am currently assigned to Bellevue Hospital where I absolutely love. I thank Tact medical for assigning me there. my experience at the hospital good over all there is never a dull moment very busy , Iv learned and was able to apply my experience into my work. Co- workers and peers all work together its a family thing team work is essential in all departments every one has one another's back. Management is also part of the team very supportive.
Pros
exceptional staff
Cons
Professional staff. On their job!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2013
I have been an employee of Tact for 4+1/2 years, and I have absolutely no complaints about my time with them. From the first day, I was treated with 'tact' and respect. The staff there are not only professional, all day, every day, but they are nice! My representatives (Bridget and Gaudy) felt more like my friends, than colleagues providing a service. I am ever thankful to them and the company.
Pros
Paid holidays, end of year bonus!
Cons
Hourly rate kind of low.
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
As we all know the pediatrics department in any clinic is hectic and super busy. I check in/out patients, give appts, confirm appts, troubleshoot any problems that may occur

I work with a dynamic group of people, I am allow to provide excellent customer service to the patients that attend the Peds Clinic

My manager and supervisor are awesome, we get along really well
The hardest part is seeing the babies cry when they recieve their vaccines

The easiest part of the job is giving the customer service, I love it!!!
Unreliable and still owe me a paycheck
Temporary Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2013
I worked with TACT briefly in 2011, and I am sad to say that it was unprofessional. I was assigned a temporary job in a hospital as a Pharmacy Technician, but working there was NOT the problem.TACT was very unorganized-airheads practically-and did I mention that they NEVER paid me for the last week in which I worked for them? Stay away folks, take your skills elsewhere.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
nothing good to say
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2012
I have nothing good to say about TACT other than that on Fridays the owner would buy everyone breakfast. Other than that he is a liar who cheats his employees just as much as he cheats his clients. The pay is decent but forget trying to make a commission if your client is one of the ones the vice president ever sent a post card to- yup that commission's his. Also if you really work hard and do a good job one day they will find some minuscule reason to fire you. Not that you'll care - you'll be glad to leave. Make sure you contact the insurance carrier to convert to your own plan, you will not receive a COBRA notice from this place. Also demand your vacation payout and file for unemployment, get everything you deserve.
Pros
decent pay, breakfast
Cons
everything else
Very good company
Ultrasound tech (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYJuly 14, 2015
I worked for this agency more than 1 year as an ultrasound tech for the hospital. I'm very much satisfied of the experience with them.
Everybody is very reliable and quick to help. Highly recommend.
You even get some benefits as paid sick days and medical insurance. Salary is more than you will get as an employee hospital
Pros
Reliable, helpful, some benefits, good salary
Great Company to work for.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
As a Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist I can say that working for Tact was a great experience and a honor due to that they always keep me busy in the work force as well as salary. They maintained me aware of all situations and new jobs. The personnel was excellent and informative. Working for Tact was a pleasure.
fair place to work for
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
this company got my foot in the door, which im completely grateful for. My recuiter was pretty nice and fair and gave me as much opportunities as she could
Pros
unlimited assignments if you show your worth
reliable staff
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2012
A typical day at work is fast paced and I learned how to manage my time well. My co-workers were very helpful, the hardest part of my job was adjusting to the environment being that it was first job right out school.The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my patients face.
Look Elsewhere.. the good reviews are fake
Recruiter/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Everyday, different directives. management is clueless and unsupportive. yelling and fighting in open areas. gossip, constantly changing the rules for commission. turnover is ridiculous!
Cons
everything, nothing good to say
The company has no real direction
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
While at Tact there was no support. Employees were not held accountable when they did not follow through with tasks. While hard working employees were blamed for other peoples work.
Pros
Casual Fridays
Cons
Everything else
go elsewhere
recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
the company treats people as disposable. the owner is moody and one day he likes you the next day you are out.
staff are treated like children. hard work is not rewarded.
no growth. outdated training. bookkeeper is so difficult.
Pros
its a job
Cons
high turnover. no loyalty. no career advancement
Pleasant
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
Working with Tact was a pleasant and easy task. Representatives listened and acted fast in pleasing their staff. Tact a great temporary Staffing Agency to work for any time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tact Medical Staffing Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

Tact Medical Staffing Corp Reviews by Location