TAFS Employee Reviews

toxic
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 29, 2019
Its all about how much money the owners and upper management can make. What I herd many times, this is not a country club this is a dictatorship. If you don't like it get out.
April 1, 2019

Hello, we are sorry you had a negative experience at TAFS. We would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your concerns so we can address any issues. As you know, our main goal as a company is to create a positive working environment while at the same time providing exceptional service to our clients. Your review does not align with our company’s core values and we would like to further discuss. Please reach out to a Human Resources Representative to provide more detail. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Casual work invironment.
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 21, 2019
Relaxed work environment. Fun Friendly work environment. I really liked the opportunity to expand my horizons on customer/client environment. Looking forward to growing with the company.
March 22, 2019

Hello! Thank for you for the review. We are glad you are enjoying the work environment at TAFS. Many of our team members mention culture as one of their favorite things about working at TAFS. Have a great day!

bad management
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 12, 2019
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. hostile work environment, lack of training for success. Company will try to destroy your life when you leave.change in commission frequently.
April 2, 2019

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Our work environment is one aspect we really focus on as a company. Our training program for Sales Account Managers is designed to set you up for success. Our management team works very hard to ensure our team members are ready and comfortable in their role. We would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your concerns so we can address any issues. Please reach out to a Human Resources Representative to provide more detail. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Do not work here
Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  KSJanuary 21, 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE- if I could give them 0 stars I would. The other employees will harrass you until you break, This place is horrible, no accountability from the employees that work there all the way to management and higher. They lack customer services skills, they don't pay you overtime when you work it, (just your regular pay) they expect you to sell (which isn't bad), they say they care for their clients, but they don't, they do not work as a team with other departments, everyone just does what they want, and when they mess up its either the customers fault or someone else, they do not take the responsibility when someone messes up. Everyone bit**es about their job, no fun, this place is like walking into a funeral home, you have to be boring, quiet, and you NEVER see anyone smiling. This place is H**L. I would NEVER in a million years tell anyone to work there, even the homeless, I would tell them it is better to be homeless than to work at this place. They say that truck drivers are noble people and they believe that they are helping them, but really they are just trapping people in a contract and not letting them leave. over 1/2 of their clients hate it there, wish they never signed up, and all they do is call in and b**** about the place. This job is so stressful, it is not worth the money. You are paid 17.00 an hour for a relationship specialist and they wont ever raise it, to get sales is a joke, if you are new. Not only do their clients hate it there, but so do their employees, but i feel like most of them can't leave, but they are dropping like flies. AGAIN I REPEAT  more... DO NOT WORK HERE. This place also is so micro managed it is horrible, you litterly have to ask to go to break, lunch, or even the bathroom, YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT- you have to ASK to go to the bathroom.  less
Pros
none.
January 22, 2019

We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience while being employed at TAFS. However, we can assure you all hourly employees are paid overtime on any WORKED hours in excess of 40 hours per workweek. If you would like to discuss further, we encourage you to contact a member of Human Resources at 913-782-5300. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

TAFS is not noble. Don't fall for their sales pitch.
Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 18, 2018
TAFS is consistently finding ways to micromanage their employees and squeeze every penny out of it's employees and clients. Management consistently puts you in very uncomfortable situations where they not only won't help you but will force you to say crass things to clients.They are always implementing newer & cheaper faulty technology that affect everything from billing to customer service.

Don't work here if: you need healthcare, want to get paid for all hours you worked and/or hate being decieved and having to deceive others.
Pros
Dress Code
Cons
Questionable Practices.
November 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take these comments seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please contact a member of Human Resources for further discussion. You can access the HR Department by contacting 913-782-5300.

Acts Like They Care
Director (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 18, 2018
TAFS is wonderful in the inner circle. They have a way of making others not feel welcome. Good money spent to have excellent resources. Factoring is a tough business and they know how to work the whole system.
September 26, 2018

Our team is passionate about providing a freindly working environment because TAFS is an organization run by people dedicated to servicing others. Our unparalleled level of customer service starts with our success-driven people, like you. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors! Thank you for being part of the TAFS Team!

Horrible place to work!!!
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 21, 2018
TAFS is a factoring company that sales at 5 percent. They average factoring rate is 2 to 3 percent. They charge way more than anyone else. They are constantly changing and you are expected just to go along with whatever those changes may be. They will write you up for just about anything. They make you sign non compete so if you quit or you get fired you cant work in the same industry for at least a year. If they fire you for any reason they will deny you unemployment. I would not recommend my worst enemy to work for this company.
Pros
Dress
Cons
Pay structure is terrible. Micro managing, Two 15 min breaks a day. Scheduled lunches
August 23, 2018

Thank you for sharing your opinion. TAFS is one of the top companies in the factoring industry because of innovation, excellent client benefits and great service. Change is a part of innovation, and we encourage our team members to embrace change. The state makes the decision regarding the entitlement or denial of unemployment benefits, not the employer. We certainly wish you the best in your future endeavors!

They promote their friends
Remittance Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 17, 2018
Upper management cares about two things, who is willing to kiss their butt to get ahead and who is willing to throw their co-workers under the bus for the smallest things.
July 18, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concerns. At TAFS we encourage our team members to share experiences and give feedback. We are fortunate to be able to promote from within our star team members that exhibit our core values on a daily basis. Our mission is to provide a success-driven, multicultural environment for our team members, empowering them to achieve the highest level of success.

Fast paced and employee friendly
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 2, 2018
I greatly enjoyed my experience working with TAFS. They provided in depth training to allow employees to feel confident in their given roles. This company allowed me to expand my knowledge of not only the trucking industry, but sales, customer service, collections and many other areas that have benefited me since then. I highly recommend TAFS to anyone looking to venture into a new field of employment and a strong work family.
Pros
Affirmation and opportunity for growth.
Cons
Only one location at this time.
July 5, 2018

Our team is passionate about providing a diverse working environment because TAFS is an organization run by people dedicated to servicing others. Our unparalleled level of customer service starts with our success-driven people, like you. The trucking industry is our passion and we’re glad to hear it became yours as well. We wish you the best in your future endeavors! Thank you for being part of the TAFS Team!

Great Work Culture!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 13, 2018
TAFS is a great company to work for. I really liked their in depth on boarding process, it prepared me for my role & gave me a better understanding of what TAFS does & how my role fits into that. On top of having a great work culture, I also really like the laid back dress code. TAFS is growing fast and its exciting to be apart of the journey as a employee!
Pros
Laid back dress code, Growing Company, Fun work culture
April 17, 2018

A great work culture starts with great people. We are glad you choose to be a part of TAFS! Thank you!

Growing Company with Innovative Culture
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 13, 2018
My favorite thing about TAFS is the fact that we are always looking to improve and be the best. It makes it easy to work for a company that shows a unique value to the clients. We really embrace change and having a great culture.
Pros
Casual dress, competitive pay, good management team
Cons
None that I have seen
April 17, 2018

Delivering a great customer experience is the core of what we do at TAFS. It takes hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to continue achieving this goal. Thank you for being a part of the team and contributing to our mission!

Job description
Collection Rep (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 28, 2017
Tafs. Inc. is a factoring company, which includes the billing, collection and purchasing of invoices for freight carriers. They offer a escrow account and reserves saving for the carriers. Tafs, Inc. provides consistent work for there employee's. Carriers back and front office for those carrier who can not afford to expand there companies business. A opportunity for a carrier to extend there fleet by purchasing trucks at a discount price as well as accessorial items like tires, insurance, consultants, and provides the carriers with the loans to assist on affordability, by taken funds owed to Tafs. Inc. out of the invoices that they purchase from the carrier on a daily basis, until the loan is completely paid back to the company.
January 2, 2018

Hello, valued TAFS team member. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. A TAFS Collections Specialist is responsible for making collections calls on past due invoices, updating collection attempts and payment status information, investigating discrepancies and following up on outstanding balance invoices.

Growing Company BIG on Growth Opportunities
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 30, 2017
TAFS is fantastic! Very casual work environment, eager to promote from within. Always willing to help and work together as a TEAM! Positive environment. Monthly Culture and Development meetings with employees from different departments and a member of management to allow the opportunity to get better acquainted, provide feedback on how to improve and show appreciation for their hard work.
Pros
Food days, Good benefits, 1 hour lunch breaks, Casual dress, Monthly awards
Cons
No vision insurance
December 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our mission is to provide a fun, productive, and innovative culture for our team members. We believe in sharing ideas and empowering our team to help make us a better company. We appreciate your contribution.

Great workplace
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 5, 2017
TAFS is a very easy going workplace with pretty good benefits. You get to wear whatever you want to work and everyone is so welcoming and awesome. I would recommend working here as a place to start out and gain experience.
September 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to offer our team members a work hard/play hard work space with a fun, productive, and innovative culture. Thank you being a part of our team.

Credit & Underwriting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 14, 2017
I have learned how to multi-task
Learned lots of new things
Great team effort
My manager is great at explaining things
Monthly team lunches
Heavy workload
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Compensation
June 15, 2017

TAFS is built on a foundation of great company culture. We collaborate and empower each other in order to give our clients the best customer service. Thank you for your contributions.

Tafs, inc review
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 21, 2017
As a growing company, things constantly change in a teamwork atmosphere. A fast-paced environment, and a financial experience is helpful in understanding the factoring services.
Pros
casual dress
benefits
May 22, 2017

We greatly appreciate your contributions in making TAFS a fun, innovative, and purpose driven organization. We are constantly developing new products to help give our clients a competitive edge over their competition. A success-driven, multicultural environment empowers our team members to achieve the highest level of success.

Excellent pay for dead end job
Senior Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 13, 2014
The company is very laid back regarding work attire. They literally let you wear whatever to work to make you feel comfortable and they sell this as a benefit. If you were comparing similar jobs TAFS pays much better. Benefits are terrible, pretty much not existent. Being a Trucking Company first they basically provide bare minimum coverage to keep you alive, and expensive to book. Again pay is amazing but job is dead end and micro managing is probably the worst i've ever experienced. Old school operations is key so they love to hire and replace you if you don't work out. next guy in mentality and never congratulate people that work hard and stay loyal. Pretty much boil down to you owe them for your employment.
Pros
laid back work attire
Cons
terrible micro managing
August 30, 2017

TAFS is a sales driven organization that aims to empower its members with the best tools and opportunities for them to be successful in their role. We encourage our team members to provide suggestions on ongoing basis. We understand that the best way to continue to grow TAFS is by listening to our valued team members, and it is for this reason that we implemented monthly lunches with leadership and our team members. We thank you for your review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAFS. Our community is ready to answer.

TAFS Reviews by Location