Tahoe Forest Hospital District Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAMarch 22, 2019
I started at TFH 2 years ago. The first office I was in had many issues. Training was ok, but there was a lot of favoritism and gossip and just down right disrespect. I stuck it out though. The Himan Resources department and my Clinic Manager allowed me to transfer to another office that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed for the last year. They take really good care of their employees. Unfortunately you will come across some office managers that just don’t cut it, but HR and Administration are phenomenal people and willing to do what it takes to make you a happy employee if you just talk to them. Great training, and seasonal events. Small community so we are all family here. I’ve been in healthcare for 26 years and this is by far the best hospital I’ve ever worked for!
Nightmare with poor management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAMarch 5, 2019
The Access Center is filled with rude uneducated people! The manager is ridicules literally has a clique with her favorites (leads) who dont work just sit around on the phone and internet and are airheads!!
Very unprofessional. Nobody ever knows what’s going on. They love to belittle people! Gossip is huge there and the manager takes a huge part in it !!! They make fun of new employees !! If you’re not liked they will team up and make you uncomfortable!!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAAugust 4, 2018
Wonderful place to work the employees are cheerful. My overall experience at this hospital was great! Everyone was very helpful and willing to assist you when needed.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
salary is not based upon experience.
unfortunately not great
Staff Accountant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAApril 2, 2018
Management treated staff horribly by yelling at them in front of other staff. No interest in training and hostile work environment. Salary is decent for the area and benefits are very good but doesn't make up for the tone from the top.
Pros
benefits & salary
Cons
Management is terrible
Research (Current Employee) –  Cancer CenterMarch 30, 2018
Tahoe Forest is a great place to work. Management and physicians appreciate feedback and are very dedicated to the patients. They do have high expectations which can scare off some employees, but I think that is what makes us great. We strive to provide the absolute best care, so they expect the absolute best team. I think the few negative reviews on here are probably from those that weren't comfortable with high expectations. Good people, good teams.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
High Expectations
Excellent Place to Work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAOctober 22, 2017
Supportive management and happy work environment. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Great pay with flexible work schedule. Little to no employment advancement.
Awesome
nurse (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 22, 2017
TFH is a family. The job is great. The management has a heart and actually cares about employee growth. A small organization which means everyone is wearing several hats, but overall people care about the community, patients, other employees and of course the patients. People do come to Tahoe Forest and never leave because the benefits and pay is great, and they are flexible.
Pros
pay, benefits, family oriented
Cons
housing in area is hard.
terrible co-workers, not driven, it is a place to retire, not to learn
anonimous (Current Employee) –  anonimousMay 16, 2017
employees that have been in the Hospital for long, they just want their check and gossip. It is a place to retire, employees have no desire to learn and the management encourage that attitude. Said but true, even the upper management have Zero business skills. if you are willing to sit in the office and do not care for lerning and be good at what you do, forgot to mention, there is absolutely NO recognition for doing better, management actually appreciate, excuse my words, the "dummies". equality is something that you will not find there, if I give an example they will fire me!
Pros
health insurance is good
Cons
not enough space to list the cons
Nonplussed
Master Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  PreschoolMay 7, 2017
TFH Preschool Management creates an environment that lacks the opportunity to allow staff to bond and form a cohesive joy filled day for the children. Favoritism toward some employees is displayed regularly. Long time staff lack the knowledge of taking care of children and often yell at kids and punish them in punitive ways. Management frequently moves teachers around creating instability for young children and confusion. Who is my teacher today? is a common question. The culture is extremely stressful and the reason why any teacher continues employment at TFH is for the insurance benefits they receive. Receiving a pay raise as a Preschool Teacher is non existent! After 2 years of glowing reviews, I was still not offered a pay raise.
Great place with poor management
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CaJuly 15, 2015
I have worked in a department with a lot of turnover in the past few years. There has been no management training involvement from HR and no help offered to the employees. The employees are now afraid to go to HR and complain b/c there is a feeling of 'well, at this point isn't this your fault?'. I think that the management at TFHD have a long way to go to create a comfortable work environment for the employees. The amazing benefits seems to be what keeps the majority of employees around.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment
Proud to be employed at Tahoe Forest Hospital District
HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAMay 20, 2014
There is not one week that goes by that I am not thankful for my current job at Tahoe Forest Hospital, one of the top 100 Critical Access hospitals in our nation.
The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing new tasks within the Medical Records Department, such as a Clinical Pertinence project.
The hardest part of my job is waiting to be a part of the coding team and to receive training in this field.
Pros
My work schedule and employee benefits
Cons
Current lack of HIM education
A little chaoic/unorganized working with the management/supervisory team
biller/collector and cashier (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAFebruary 26, 2014
I like a job to be orderly with dedicated people to work with, but I can handle a little chaos if it has to be.
Management/supervisors didn't work professionally with their employees. I saw a lot of poor behavior with the way management treated the workers. Only in my department (the business office). People in other departments were great to work with.
The pay was good but the stress of working with others was more trouble than normal.