Tahzoo Employee Reviews

Smart but Unhappy Staff, Unhealthy Culture
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 25, 2019
Most of the consultants were great at their jobs and fun to work with, which was the one good thing about working there. Middle management was good, but most senior leadership was... not good. The stress on me and my team was very high, and it took a major toll on my health.

I would strongly encourage people to look elsewhere--or at least talk with any past employees in your network first. One positive was that health insurance was good, when coverage wasn't denied due to a "glitch" with the provider. This was helpful for all the doctor and hospital bills I got while recovering from working there.
Good if you like to be challenged
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2018
I love working here, every day is a new and exciting opportunity. The people you work with are self described 'smart and happy'... plus awesome clients!
Highly skilled individuals and a great atmosphere to work in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 3, 2018
Interesting and innovative technologies to work with. You get to experience projects for fortune 500 companies yet still feels like a start-up when it comes to the culture. The teams often times work together to achieve project goals and you get to know everyone in the company personally.
Pros
Great Benefits and very low HealthCare costs
Great Place to be in
Vice President (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJanuary 2, 2018
I have been employed at Tahzoo for a long period of time, I feel I am at home, working with talented and happy people, the company was almost doubling in size since inception, so I recognize the pain of fast growth/expansion, so I know people would have felt the pain of fast growth, but that also gives tremendous opportunities for people to grow.
Pros
Lots of opportunities exist.
Cons
Need to keep up with changes/expansion but that can be viewed as a pro as well
Not your normal company
Developer (Current Employee) –  DCJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work if you like to figure things out on your own, are accountable for thinking differently about projects and accounts and are up for a challenge.

People who do not fit in well are those who come from very structured environments where they expect their job to be clearly defined and not put in anything extra- just whats expected and not any more.

Very good benefits- healthcare is 100% paid for for employees and kids. Flexible hours based on projects and time zones.

Unique and interesting clients- everyday is something different and gives you opportunity to work with very smart people.
Pros
healthcare, flexible hours
It's just not for me
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 28, 2017
I have a high tolerance of ambiguity and can manage a certain amount dysfunction, but nobody communicates, hence there is a lot of stress. Everyone freaks out because they don't understand the business. The business is strong. It's the unknown future that creates a stressful environment and frowns.
Worst organization to ever work for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 8, 2017
Do not waste your time working for this company. They are not there to help you grow. Management is terrible, the work flow is not consistent. You hit the ground running with no training at all. Best advice I would give someone applying is look somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Great workplace with fun and challenging culture.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 22, 2017
Smart and Happy Company. It's a great place for people who have initiative and are go-getters. You have to be able to hit the ground running because change is always at hand. This will help you grow as a professional.
People are great, there's free lunches and happy hours every once in a while.
Pros
Great work culture, Smart people make the experience challenging and motivating, Happy hours every once in a while
Cons
Can't think of anything
Smart and Happy
Digital Producer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2017
If you are flexible and of a continuous learning mindset, this is the place for you. (If a rigid, unchanging structure is more your preference, you may find some challenges. Keep in mind, it's a 6-year-old company experiencing growth.)

Tahzoo has been a breath of fresh air so far as working with incredibly talented, experienced colleagues. They are willing to share knowledge and collaborate - the corporate Tahzoo mantra about employees that are 'smart and happy' generally holds true.

After many years of other 'corporate' settings, what initially stood out to me is a concerted effort to share info on a regular basis. The CEO pens weekly updates, and also offers to send employees copies of the latest books he's read at their request - to encourage ongoing learning. This may be a small thing to some, but it's nice to feel invested in, and to hear from leadership on a more regular basis - 'little details' like that matter.
Pros
beautiful office
Great Teammates
Sales (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2016
A very 'wild west' organization. Lots of mergers have led to a lot of friction and disorganization. Constant 'pivots' which are really just a sign of a lack of vision.
Pros
Great benefits, Nice office
Cons
Lack of coherent structure with some teams
Ungrateful for hard work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 18, 2012
Disappointing tenure with Tahzoo. Worked there for ~6 months, and when approached about some sort of advancement, heard no response. The senior staff are continually reorganizing with no clear direction and the people, while some really great, don't seem to care about your development as an employee.
Pros
great office
Cons
no chance for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tahzoo. Our community is ready to answer.

Tahzoo Reviews by Location