Tailwind Concessions Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Sad but true
Baker (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 17, 2018
I had really high hopes for this job and unfortunately it did not work out. My position in the kitchen required minimal interaction between my co-workers and while the job was amazing, the staff and management absolutely lacked professionalism, communication, and efficiency in departments that needed focus. No kitchen job is spectacular but this one came with too many unnecessary headaches.

Too much trouble for too little pay off.
Cons
Bad staff, poor management, under stocked, no communication, unnecessary
Company does not care about employees
Baristas (Former Employee) –  AlaskaMay 28, 2018
Management could definitely learn how to treat employees better. Company needs better training in this aspect. Don’t fire someone because of hearsay. Management shouldn’t be intimidated by employees. They should come to that employee directly if they have a question especially if they are going to base that question/answer off of firing you. They should not listen to another employee and base their decision off that. So unprofessional.
Lots of hiring and firing going on at this establishment.
Sad... I really enjoyed the customers.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management/co-workers
a place to begin your career and learn how to probably do your job.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 6, 2018
a typical day at work, can be busy or not depends on flight schedule. but when busy very fast pass.
what iv learned, how to properly manage and meet corporate expectations.
management, the management team I was apart of new how to get things done and enforced tailwind polices.
workplace culture, mixed cultures of hard working individuals.
the hardest part of my job, was probably the inventory witch was only once a month.
the most enjoyable part of my job, making sure to stay ahead of all my side stuff and still getting out at a decent time.
Pros
last flight can be 6pm
Cons
last flight or any flight can get delayed all the way to 4am
I have an overall good taste in my mouth about Tailwind
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 21, 2018
I think that while it hurts to be let go, and that I don't agree with the reason I was let go, because I had my tattoos prior to hire, and that because I waited on corporate a week after hire while wearing a short sleeve shirt and all of my tattoos were very visible and nobody said anything until about six months after the fact- the president of the company was very kind to me and talked to me like a person instead of an asset, which I greatly appreciate.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No shift meal.
Great coworkers, horrible upper management.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 18, 2017
Coworkers great, fun location. Upper management horrible, poor communication, unrealistic time goals. Very quick paced, fun meeting people from all over the world.
management
Cook/Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 13, 2017
The place is located in the airport that was my favorite part of the job I enjoyed it.

Management is not responsible don't train properly need more attention.
Fast pace, great employees, pushy bartenders, horrible management
Cook/ Back-up Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421November 14, 2017
The workplace in general is decent. It was bearable but overtime, you begin to hate the place. The managers need to work on their professionalism. They don't take complaints seriously.
Wonderful work place
Cashier/Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 13, 2017
Tailwind is a great company to work for , a very fast paced environment, management is amazing very professional people , lots of extra cash to be made.
Pros
Amazing management & tips.
Cons
Short breaks, no health care
Terrible company
Cashier, bartender and waitress (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 7, 2017
You dont get paid enough for the amount of work you do. No training, 4 different managers within 2 months, other employees were stealing or being unprofessional. Its in an airport, so customers could be belligerent and drunk for hours at a time.
Great Place
Cook/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 31, 2017
I really loved my bosses and the work environment was fast-paced but relaxed. Being at an airport is a wonderful place to meet new people. and hear all sorts of stories.
Pros
great leadership
Cons

Want to know more about Tailwind Concessions?

Ask a question
The work enjoyable. Regular customers were fun to interact with.
Cook/Cashier/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 22, 2017
Poor management chain. Immediate managers never seem to care about employees (high turnover rate). Handling cash here is always a hassle for some reason. Co-workers were nice.
Cons
Pay for lunches, drinks and hardly get breaks usually broke the labor laws geting lunch late or never.
Unprofessional from corporate to management.
Cashier and Barista (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 6, 2016
Incompetent management!!
If you have a cash drawer assigned to you, BEWARE! Money used to disappear from cashiers/bartender tills. Tailwind could care less if money had been stolen from your till. Corporate fires you and wants you to pay them in full for money that disappears. It's also a waste to contact corporate addressing an issue because they don't care and won't do anything to resolve problem.
Overall the General Manager is the one and only reason I have been there so long.
Lead Cook/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 21, 2016
If it wasn't for the GM I would have left already. He has worked from the bottom to where he is and understands his employees.
Great enviornment to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2015
Tailwind is a very fast paced enviornment. Co-workers all work very well together. Management was very professional and made sure all of their employees were taken care of.
Wonderful diverse place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 18, 2015
Tailwind Concessions/Retails are only located in airports, with that being said it makes a wonderful diverse place to work. It has many daily challenges but all worth the task. The hardest part for most employees at Tailwind is working at 4 a.m. every morning, your body never fully gets use to it. I personally loved the wonderful Corporate Team Tailwind has. They are always there to help if you have a question or concern. Overall it is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Tips and wonderful atmosphere
Cons
No benefits unless you are the manager
Innovative Concessinos
Cashier, Cook, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 29, 2015
Real food is served here. Also, I was a barista, bartender, and cashier. It was kinda cool meeting the various passengers including a World Series Champ, a 4-star general, and Macy from Teen mom lol.
Pros
tips
Cons
early shift
Excellant provides very good benifits
Consultant Microsoft Technology and Support Group (Current Employee) –  NYSOPWDDJanuary 25, 2015
Tailwind has kept me employed for over 8 years. The people are great and honest. I never had an issue with getting paid or with benefits. They have always been honest with presenting my qualifications and the job requirements.
gift shop with items for purchase
retail cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 21, 2014
loved the job I done there, worked with the old company ( for 11 years ) at the same place before this new company took over, I don't think they wanted to hire us, waited till last minute, they just made us feel so out of place from the first day on the job, The place was in construction making a new restaurant, bar and gift shop area, with nice sitting an television area as well, I didn't get to enjoy the new very long, but it was nicet I felt like they just didn't want us there, and I done my job, I don't think I had any complaints from the customers I waited on, other than the prices were to high, The people I worked with were good, I miss being there, still cant believe that I'm not, but I enjoyed the time I did have and would do it again is I could
Pros
got a discount for lunch, but never got to take one
Cons
no breaks or lunch, no sit down on job and usually worked a 9 to 10 hour day
Working for Tailwind wasn't all that bad other than the management.
Cashier, Bartender, Barista, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 9, 2014
A typical day at the airport restaraunt was a good day to start when different people would come up and make conversations while waiting for food, a lot of the other employees there were very friendly. I loved talking to them. I learned different things about different religions because of the different people coming through. Also how to make espresso drinks, and bartending drinks. The co-workers were really caring and fun to work with, I had fun working there. Other than the fact of my GM. He was very rude, self centered, and no respect for anyone but himself, us co-workers never had a break, we worked 12 hour or 11 hour shifts and did about 50 hours a week. Now, lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the many different people every day or even just having those delightful conversations with the same people that came to see you everyday just to say "how are you?"
great opprtunity
Cook-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington NCMarch 20, 2014
Tailwinds is a great opportunity especially for someone looking to go to school or work another part time job the hardest part of the job is waking up at 3am everything else is a cake walk. Managers, co-workers and airport employees everyone is very friendly
Pros
daily tips and great enviroment
Cons
early hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tailwind Concessions. Our community is ready to answer.