TAK Communications Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad Vehicles
Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 2, 2018
Management don't care the conditions of the vehicles , or if you get in a accident, only care about time frames, Bad management, you have to call HR directly to headquarters because your pay its not as its supposed to.
meet different people every day, fast pace most of the time Management seem to be getting better
Installation Tech (Current Employee) –  AlbqJune 29, 2018
stressful a lot of new guys quit in 60 to 120 days. Training is not comprehensive and leaves much out, "Learn as you go" Hard to make any good money, most of the time minimum wage unless you get to install security Then you could make like $200 a day if you get enough jobs
Pros
Paid gas, truck and equipment
Cons
High insurance, low training, high expectation (more then 5 jobs a day) low pay
Great opportunity for career
Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 6, 2018
This job has great opportunity to make it into a career, but the hourly base pay is very low for the work that is being done and one of the techs there at Tak is good to work with but his attitude is not that great, he's always on his phone texting while driving.
Pros
Great work, time flies by fast
Cons
Not enough pay hourly
Shoddy
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 5, 2018
Only place you are told to not go to er if needed and where they refused to get you home more than once a month if your lucky they will work you break you and pay you pennies
Cons
No lunches no breaks paid per job you do but pay don't ever work out
Fast paced job
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
Company takes care of you helps you when you need it. You can talk to anybody at any time you need. Has good benefits and a comparable ways to make money
Didn't communicate well
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2018
The health insurance was expensive, barely saw my family because I worked so much. The techs didn't respect anyone & most of the managers didn't care.
Pros
Cons
Too many to say
Learned a lot
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMay 15, 2018
You learn a lot and fun group of folks to work with! It gets busy and time, but you made decent money and working outside was a plus in the summer! Not so much in the winter. Take the good with the bad!
Ok job
CABLE INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 7, 2018
It was difficult. I did do well there. But the scheduled jobs are either too far apart, or too close together. I would work there again. I do not have more to say
Pros
work
Cons
hours
Great Trade
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2018
Production based, you make your own paycheck. The harder you work the greater your pay. Comftorbale maanagment staff, Best sub contractor ive ever worked for.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Advancment
nightmare stay away
Residential Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
Worked 10-12 hour days alone with no help when needed. You only get paid if you complete a job 100%. Checks were alot smaller then thought they should of been. Not enough pay for what you have to put up with. Training was not formal learned mostly evertyhing by trial and error. Dont reccommend unless you are a pro at xfinity installs.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
bad training, trained for 2 months, mad customers
Decent money to be made for the right personality
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 3, 2018
Company isn't all bad for certain people but just not for me. Too many moral decisions daily between serving myself and serving my customers. I don't like the piece work aspect of it when i'm really responsible for the entire cable system even if i'm only affecting a portion of it.
Pros
Company takes all the overhead and lots of freedom in a day
Cons
Poor training procedures, management
Nope
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Long hour. Payed by the part and upselling. Not about the customer or doing what’s right.
As my boss told me...
“Slap it together... if there’s a problem we can send out a repair tech!”

No you should do it right the first time and not double charge people cause your looking for money.
Fast paced environment
Manager of Drop Bury Department (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNFebruary 26, 2018
Ever growing company with some advancement opportunities. Team of great contractors with strong work ethic. Management training was productive and informative.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Stressful
Great culture, people and opportunity.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 14, 2018
Senior management is great and very easy to work for and very appreciative of good work. Lots of growth and opportunity for employees. I recommend TAK's corporate office as a workplace.
Pros
Working atmosphere, opportunity
Cons
Benefits can improve and are in the process
Everyone is a liar
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Everyone at this company lies and pushes the blame on someone else. People in management and supervisor positions have the education of 3rd graders. Most of the employees have little self respect by the way they dress and speak to one another. It’s like working on the set of “Lord of the Flies.” I would never recommend any service from this company, much less, seek employment from them.
Pros
Cons
Liars and thieves
small setting office enviroment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 6, 2018
I personally loved working with everyone at Tak Communications as they were friendly and if i ever had questions they were there to answer them! A typical day at work consisted of make 250+ outbound calls a day, i learned how to efficiently and professional help customers with their complaints/issues and communicate with supervisors, the hardest part of the job dealing with angry customers but i learned how to do that professionally.the most enjoyable part of my job was the laughter i shared with many Comcast customers and listening to their stories and experiences!
good company
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 18, 2018
I really enjoyed the work I did with TAK, I set my own hours, they provided equipment, and training. I learned a lot and enjoyed the freedom to complete my work.

My only complaint is the timing and distance that services started to move. My baby was due and they were moving business to South Dakota, I couldn't relocate at the time so I had the option of temporary lay off, but they didn't return to my area until I had found better employment opportunities.
Variety of work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NE 68845January 11, 2018
Must be able to work independently and learn quick. Lack of training and clear communication between management and techs. Be able to make last minute changes.
very productive work place
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 10, 2018
great job, enjoyed installing cable and learning new things about technology, enjoyed interacting the customers and absolutely loved the benefits they offered
Fast growing company
HR (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 9, 2018
Growing rapidly, lots of future oppty, great moral in the office. People really seem to enjoy their jobs here and are always willing to help out others with diff projects
Pros
location
Cons
small breakroom