Take 5 Oil Change Employee Reviews

Use to love this company but driven brands ruined it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  UsaJanuary 13, 2019
Driven brands is everything wrong with this company. They turned a great company into another jiffy lube. The original owner made it a great company, driven brands is slowly destroying it like a cancer.
Pros
None towards the end
Cons
Driven brands
Decent place to work with horrible management
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 27, 2018
All the benefits and pay sound good on paper but the management is horrible. The managers force you do to everything on your own and bark orders at you as if you’re some kind of dog. They help you but make you feel like you don’t know anything while doing it. Managers avoid working at all possible cost. The job it’s self is fun and it’s an easy job especially to start off in the automotive industry, it’s fun working with the customers and it’s simple enough to have fun while doing, if it wasn’t for the horrible management it would be an easy 5 star. Needs some work but is overall a fun place to work.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Horrible management
Relaxed environment, easy work
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 22, 2018
The job is not worth it at all. If you're looking for a job that'll pay your bills this isn't the place. I personally would not recommend it to anyone. Aside from the terrible pay, the hours are flexible and management is good.
needs better management
Oil Change Technician Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 21, 2018
need better management , due to lack of moral, lack of good customer service , managers smoke and drink while on duty , they will fine a reason to fire you
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
everything
Rotating door.
Ast. Manager (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHDecember 18, 2018
Long hours, pay sucks, loves to pressure sales. Dont care about its customers. They hire people that are inexperienced. No meetings were held with the asstant managers of what the mangers talked about in their meetings.
Pros
Cons
If they dont like you get transfered.
Worst job i ever worked...
Oil Change Technician (Former Employee) –  LousianaDecember 9, 2018
In order to move up you have to fit "the look". Your hard work, dedication, knowledge and loyalty does NOT matter to them. They barely pay you. 7.75 isn't any money. You have to kill yourself working to make ends meet. The big people as in managers and district managers treat you like you aren't anything to them. Dont ask for a day off bc you wont get the day you ask for. You better be ready to work in the heat and freezing cold too. They make way to much money each day to pay you 7.75 Your just a number to them. And they will replace you in a second and not think twice. Oh and dont get sick and if you do you better have a doctors note. They work you like a slave. They have no heat or hot water in the shops.
Pros
Insurance, payed vacation after a year
Cons
Hot, cold, nno ac, no heat or hot water, bad managers, bad pay, poor work conditions
Fun place
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2018
I learned how to do oil changes for the first time. I learned you work as a team. Assistant managers they did their job right. When i first started was little hard but once i learned it got easier. I enjoyed everything about the job. Had awesome Co-workers.
Productive place to work with a lot of Financial and Status growth opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2018
My career Take 5 Oil Change how to me to gain the knowledge and emission certification training that I need to advance in my career. I was consistently given the tools and knowledge to become the top sales person of that shop individually for several months on end. Lots of hours and overtimes we're always available.
Pros
House insurance offered good communication line between corporate and technicians
Cons
Little to no breaks, policy and procedure constantly being changed and lack of proper communication from manager
Very structured invironment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 14, 2018
Good company to work for but unfortunately their restrictions on re-hires are strict even when one has the same background from previous employment. Understaffed and needs more help. During interview the manager had to leave between the interview to help with employees.
Pros
Constantly on the move
Cons
New re-hires do not have a good chance for employment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALNovember 8, 2018
Management was decent, the work was straight to the point, self-self-explanitory, I worked part-time at Take 5 Oil Change. I mainly did oil checks and break checks.
I miss this job!
Pit Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2018
I loved working there. Wish I could go back. The job taught me to work at a fast pace. Also communication skills with others and customers. Take 5 can teach you so many new skills.
Good Starting Automotive Job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 15, 2018
Wasn't a bad job, you just stood around until a customer car came by and we only performed the most basic services a car could need (oil change, air filter replacement, check tire pressure, clean windshield).

Anyone off the street can be hired and trained so its not like you really need to have prior experience in the automotive industry, but it would still probably be beneficial. Management was friendly and they were flexible with my schedule considering I also had another job at the time.
It’s A Relaxed Workpace But Also competitive
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Nice Work Place But They Pay Is Just Not enough For The Work You Do Manager Works With You And Understands What you Are Going Through And The Employers Just Have An Awesome Personality
Horrible
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 10, 2018
Dirty, unsanitary, hazardous and poor management. 8.50$ an hour for changing over 100 cars oil a day on average is not enough money for the harm you put your body through. Also no insurance to make it worse. It may be different for a corperate store but ours was a franchise, the owner showed no remorse.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
unsanitary, not enough pay, poor management.
Fun work place
Oil Change Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2018
It’s a wonderful atmosphere to work at and is a great place to work. There can be some stressful moments when the bays are filled but it isn’t difficult and if the team on the floor is working efficiently, then the cars will fly through there.
Pros
You’re sure to get your hours
Cons
No breaks
horrible company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This company is by far one of the worst one I had ever worked for they do not notice your hard work and you will not get the opportunity to get a promotion quick it took me 2 years just to become a assistant manager at shop 58 Dallas second busy shop the management there is horrible does not work with your schedule when you have important things to take care of and request a day off he sits there and make excuses on why he can not give you the day off the pay is horrible considering the amount of work you have to do in all types of weather conditions this company tends to lie a lot they promise you one thing and never do it race plays a big factor with this company if you're not white forget about it you have no chance in advancement horrible company is all I have to say!!!!
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
bad management
Hard work low pay
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 3, 2018
For a first job it would work for a little, but it's more corporate now then it was 4 years ago. They expected you to risk burning and scraping your skin up, for minimum wage and promote young cocky boys for manager's. Expecting them to run store a supposed to 20 -30k in a month buy their selves.
Pros
Gave good amount of hours at minimum wage
Cons
Slightly dangerous work for barely any pay
Not a productive place to work. Do not waste your time
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXSeptember 2, 2018
I was a manager at 204 but was treated unfairly by management. No leadership and my direct report was very inexperienced and unprofessional. This company doesn’t even know how to spell professional from the top down. Every manager I met was terribly trained and inadequate. Do not waste your time working or using them for business.
Great concept just poorly ran from top down.
Overworked underpaid
Oil Change Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2018
The customers were great. I had no guidance on how to advance in the company. I asked several managers what I needed to work on in order to advance they never answered me. I worked many different shifts and lots of overtime. I did my best but felt very ostracized for being new to the job. I also felt very disrespected when it was reveled to me I was make 50 cents less the new hires with no experience.
Pros
discounts
Cons
overworked
Hard to advance in the company without a collage degree
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 30, 2018
They are unwilling to work with you if you have a broken family. I get my daughter every other weekend and every time I have her I have to work the whole weekend and never get to spend time with her

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Take 5 Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.