Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Found 820 reviews matching the search See all 1,111 reviews
Great 10 Years
Administrative Assistant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAJanuary 9, 2019
I left Shire for personal reasons in 2015. I was very happy in my 10 years there and would recommend them for employment. They offer work/life balance and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Hours
n/a
Senior Financial Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 27, 2018
i am a consultant so I cannot speak to the companie's benefits. The company culture seems very open.

Management varies.
Some like to micromanage others show trust.

The people are what make the job enjoyable
Contractor
Contractor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 17, 2018
The corporate culture minimally is decent. They treat contractors very different from the"regular employees" is ridiculous. The management, at least, the ones I worked for were spineless individuals and couldn't care less how well you did your job. If someone said one thing bad about you, you're out the door. Not fully realizing the full potential of that person coming in who wants to do a good job. The manner I have is a two faced, phony and a fraud. She talks about everyone and even tries to get them fired. Beware! Stay woke!
Pros
Free lunches, nice conference rooms
Cons
Poor management
Great Culture
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 20, 2018
Great culture with good benefits. Senior Management change needs to happen on the reasearch side. Research is not functioning properly with the re organization and acquisitions.
Horrible
Market Access (Former Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 21, 2018
Subpar management, training was minimal, unfriendly culture, little to no opportunity for advancement. It was the absolute worst work environment I've ever experienced.
Excellent company; work/life balance / freedom to make imdependent decisions.
QUALITY ASSURANCE - CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 13, 2018
The workday is completely focused on doing your job. Praise and criticism are given appropriately and frequently. Excellent environment; workspace, location, cafeteria is excellent, and a subsidized Starbucks!
Pros
Independence, work/life balance, well respected
Excellent place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 14, 2018
Currently working - excellent benefits, culture, wok/life balance. Encouraged to grow professionally. Company made decision to move office to Boston area.
Pros
Professional development/growth
Cons
Commute
Poor management
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 2, 2018
Shire Covington could be an excelent place for career growth for people with experience and young people to start their careers and within company.
Unfortunately management is terrible. Most of manufacturing management are not qualified for these positions and they cannot perform their responsibilities and depend too much on others, leaving their groups practically with no support. Hiring process is based on friendship or for people with talking skills. Promotions are not based on employee performance. HR doesnt follow their own rules when people apply, all depending of who it is. The culture is terrible and it makes good employees feel unvaluabled.
Pros
New site, good technology
Cons
Bad culture, Extreme poor management
Lame duck session with pending Takeda acquisition
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAOctober 26, 2018
Many people have given up already, and only the most critical business activities are continuing in any sort of productive manner. The company never really learned to operate as a large company following the Baxalta acquisition and it shows, with lack of process discipline (especially in corporate functions) and many people who clearly are in over their head in running their business function.
Pros
Competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility to work remotely part of the time
Cons
No discernable company culture, absent or apathetic senior management
Good Company
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 6, 2019
Good company and good products. Company Culture is okay, needs improvement. Work is enjoyable. Management is okay. Original management was the best.
Changing times due to reorganization
Manufacturing Scientist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Company was acquired from Shire in January 2019 and the company is undergoing reorganization. Currently day to day operations are not impacted and work culture is still the same while in Shire. However, things may change in the following year.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Poor salary
Great place to work!
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Work life balance along with management and benefits exceeded my expectations.

Takeda cares about their employees and provides many benefits for employees and their families.
Wonderful pharmaceutical company in Chicago area.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 13, 2018
Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Management was good. Pay and benefits very good. Beautiful building to work in and the café was very nice, may options.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Not enough underground parking
Great workplace
Transactional Buyer, OBU, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Takeda always offers a great culture, career advancement opportunities with innovative and effective approaches letting people learn, develop and perform.
Pros
Workplace
Cons
Aggresive
Performance driven culture
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PANovember 14, 2018
Shire has always been a performance driven culture and an aggressive company. Takeda merge is pending January 2019; thus changing name, culture and everything.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
High turnaround
Contact Position
Coordinator-Contract (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 26, 2018
Great place to work and the culture is good. As a contract employee I don't receive any benefits, but thats not Takeda, thats my agency. The managers are nice.
Good for the right position
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 13, 2019
The people and culture are great. Management is trying to be more agile but it is still the old way of doing business. I enjoyed working with my colleagues but saw too many of them leave the company to move ahead. It is state of transition since the Shire buyout and hopefully, there will be a more focused vision moving forward.
Horrible management and employees. (slave ship)
SPCT (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I've been working here for sometime now and I have to say that this place is an absolute joke. The management is pure narcissists especially two of the CS. They allow the management to talk to you any kind of way they feel like that day. They need and ethics and communication training for sure. I've never seen any managers so lazy. They let kids fresh out of high school run the place. It's so much back stabbing and butt kissing its pathetic. Everybody is in everybody's business. They work you like a slave 8 to 10 hours with no real breaks. God forbid if you happen to have an emergency and call off you won't hear the end of it. People walk around either sad or mad all day long. They have one CS that does whatever she wants and makes up SOP's as she sees fit. Please stay away from this place.!!!!
Benefits
Great Culture and Place to Work
District Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2018
While I was with Takeda a short time, I very much enjoyed my time there. They walk-the-walk on culture, mission and teamwork, valuing individual contributions and supporting a good work/life balance.
Pros
Great Culture, Respect for People, Work/Life Balance
Cons
No Relo for Hired Managers - Why I had to leave as I couldn't sell home
Changes not for the better
Sr Manufacturing Technician / Work (Current Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 2, 2018
Upper management are out of touch with things that are needed to do our job in a safe and efficient manner. Many times we voice our concerns where our concerns are rarely heard. Add that to the poor work/life balance, this is a company I definitely wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Terrible Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss