Takl

Takl Employee Reviews

United States19 reviews
Having around 130 people on staff in the Brentwood office, there are plenty of opportunities to strike up good friendships and co-worker trust. Everyone was expected to carry early office hours (between 6 am and 8 am arrival). Overall it was a great place to work with some upward mobility opportunities for most people.
I worked 2 years and 9 months at Takl, part-time between 28 - 34 a week reviewing incoming chores and customer/provider chats and I loved just about every minute of it. I met and worked with a lot of great people and thoroughly enjoyed being part of and witnessing the organizations growth. Takl closed back in March due to covid-19, if Takl does re-open and the opportunity to work there presents itself to you, I strongly recommend you take it!
The fired us all without warning after earlier promising we would be working through covid 19. Later learned if and when they reopened it’d be with new employees
Great company and I love working for them. Jobs are not daily but when I job does come through it's so worth it. This is not a part time job or a full time job. More like random picks of job that pop up on the app
I worked 3 stores and was never paid... The guy gave me a shirt after the 3rd store but told me I was supposed to recieve it after 5 days... The 1st day they told me to meet them in DC & no parking so the guy had me follow him to parking in a garage that charged me 35$me 3
Job seekers rely on your experience.
This company has many opportunities for income. You can build a small business using this platform but make sure your timescale is open and available to many different tasks.
This is a good place to work if you need flexibility. But at the same time nothing is guaranteed and the way they treat there employees is probably the worst i have ever been a part of
TAKL is a great way to make money on your own time. It allows you to choose the jobs you're comfortable with. The only drawback is that they take a big cut, and cap tips at $20.
Horrible company to work for. Their CTO acts nice, but he really is not. I was hired as a lead developer, barely had time get my feet wet. They also had 2 developers dating.
Need more help on the job, more Assistance. I'm hike I was working there , I work for my self, sometimes if I need help I have to call Talk and explain to them with no proof
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No assistance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Takl?
Great coworkers and fun environment. However the pay was pisspoor for the pressure the management apply on you. They used write ups as a scare tactic and they have a revolving door when it comes to hiring and firing . They do not care if you have issues outside of work so there .
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
No raises, management played favorites
Like work with everything in me putting my work first in everything I do my major challenge is work in a place full of dis respect for people been mindful of everything
Working at Takl is like a rollercoaster ride at an incredibly shady county fair. You see all the red flags before going on, somehow decide that you should ride it anyway, and then ultimately regret your decision as the wheels fall off the ride.

While the atmosphere in the office is incredibly relaxed and low-stakes, the amount of high-school drama is astounding.

As a new and inexperienced company, many of the managers have little to no experience in coaching agents, managing teams, or communicating expectations (much less growing a department successfully). A side effect of this is a clique mentality perpetrated by some of the younger (read: no prior experience) managers, wherein they will choose their favorites and look for avenues to give them special treatment, or look for how to rid themselves of employees that they simply don't like, irrespective of the employee's work (this doesn't necessarily take the form of releasing the employee- they may just look to switch them to a new department).

If you're looking for part time work, or a second job - Takl is great. It is low stakes, no pressure, and repetitive. However, if you are looking to advance your career- steer clear. There is no room for advancement here, especially if you are not willing to be part of the drama.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Management, No room for growth, Toxic work culture
Boys club! This job is ok. Not super busy and does not entail a lot of hard work at times. The company culture is not up to par. They do not offer paid sick time or paid maternity leave.
Pros
nice people, slow work days
Cons
benefits are not great, management is dicey
Great potential but unfortunately inexperienced, young, and immature management will greatly hamper the potential to maintain a happy and competent work force.
Pros
Early on the options for work/life balance was ideal.
Cons
Favoritsm for younger employees that go out with, play fantasy football with and are "gamers" with management.
I would highly recommend if you like to work alone and at your own time almost like uber or lyft you work when you want. Its laid back and fun enjoyed it alot
Takl was a great place to work. I planned to stay long term, but moved back to Huntsville. I still regularly speak with my colleagues from Takl, and wish them the best.
Takl is a Nashville based start-up mobile application company. Nothing is silo'd off so all departments are able to collaborate. Standing desks, smart co-workers, snd I hope you like Ping Pong! What more could you ask for?
Lots of different job options from day to day. Job alerts appear on mobile device throughout the day. Competing with other providers to secure jobs. Just not enough jobs to sustain the providers.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Not enough jobs