Talascend LLC Employee Reviews

Talascend paid well, and had an effective Human Remains Dept.
Design & Planning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 23, 2018
Talascend is a job shop. In this case talent was sold to Google through a Bechtel subcontract.

The client, Google's business plan was basically flawed. The Engineering Dept. and Bechtel Management had no direct control over the construction installation process or sub contractors. The engineering came from New Delhi India using Google Earth ignoring the fact that you need field engineers on the ground wherever you plan construction activities.
Pros
Worked for Bechtel
Cons
Lack of control over installation.
Poor Company
Client Service Coordinator (Oil and Gas staffing) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Everything is run out of the corporate office. Communication is not key in the smaller office, there have been a few times that things have changed like a recruiting process or there has been an internal company changes and managers do not feed this information down.
Great Agency
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I only worked for them for a short time. My experience was excellent. I had an issue with the company where they placed me and they handled it very well.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
It was a great temp job.
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 9, 2017
This was a great job with good experience letter, staff and location is very good environment. I would like a nother seasonal position with in iron mountain
Pros
Great job
Cons
Temp position
My typical work day was to arrive on time, and getting the job done knowing you started a productive work week.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 23, 2017
Typical work day: arriving on time
I learned a lot from certain cleaning ethics to production on the assembly line.
Management was there too help and ran an awesome team
It was nothing hard about both positions I upheld.
The most part enjoyable part was my work schedule and meeting the staff, they were very helpful and very nice.
Pros
The pros was being able too complete production, and knowing you can go too work and be happy to go.
Excellent company to work for with very good management
Senior Supplier Quality Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2017
Talascend contracted me to work for Bechtel Oil and Gas, Bechtel is an engineering, procurement and construction company building oil refineries, LNG Plants and Chemical Plants world wide. The most difficult aspect of this position was directing a large group of inspectors in many different time zones. The personnel well very experienced and competent always working to the required on-site dates required by construction. Meeting those dates with a quality product was the most satisfying part of the job.
Pros
Exciting and challenging work
Cons
Tight on-site construction dates
Good staffing agency to work with
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 5, 2017
While my job assignment did not pan out as hoped, I feel that Talascend is a good staffing agency to work with. All of the people I communicated with during my time were helpful and quick to respond throughout my time there.
great pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 2, 2017
great pay good company to work for when they have work. I will work for them again if they would call me back. Working for Talascend was very exciting. I learned alot
Pros
great pat
Cons
lay offs
Body Shop
Field Enginner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2017
Talascend has some great people, but overall, I was not happy with the company. I only needed them a couple of times for this job. Every other interaction in that position was with Bechtel.
offshore work
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALApril 27, 2017
overall id would go back to this place, the work and pay was great. working on a vessal out in the gulf of mexico and other parts of the ocean. the food and room was free. work was hard but worth it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
away from family
A Company in Transition
Sales and Recruiting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 7, 2017
Talascend has an excellent President and some amazing staff members.

The company has had many staff and corporate transitions.

What I learned at the job was that I enjoy being on my feet. I like making employees feel good about their jobs and accomplishments. I enjoy creating events that make the staff happy and more of a team.
Pros
Amazing President and staff.
Cons
Company transistions
Contract Labor
Make Ready Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 3, 2017
Wish they would have more or would do more for you at the end of your contract to find additional work. From my experience they will not really look for you unless you ask.
Just a temp agency
Facility Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 28, 2016
Seemed to get you out the door and into the clients world. Never checked up to see if I was being trained or what were any issues that I might have. Worked 7am-5pm daily but got paid for 8. Seem to do a lot with the big 3. I did meet some great people at the clients location. As with most contact houses when they need to blame someone it's easiest to get rid of the contact worker instead of the hiring companies management.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Long unpaid hours, No follow up on client provided training
Good agency to work fo
RIM Coordinator @ Bechtel Corporation (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Enjoy working with this agency. Communication is good and everyone is always helpful when questions arise. Would recommend this agency to other friends.
Talascend Employee's are family
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 12, 2016
Talascend is a solid company, but the upper management needs to understand that families come first, and that communication needs to happen between lower employee's to upper employee's
Pros
location
Cons
management
Is a very good company
TECHNICAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 6, 2016
Yes I have very good recommendation with talascend llc,and more over my refres are debra timmerman thus president of talascend llc and david austin a product performance maneger of caterpillar south milwuakee.
Very busy construction site in Oil & Gas Industry...Review for Buckeye Texas Partners, not Talascend
Project Coordinator / Document Control (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Talascend is an employment agency and I cannot really rate them. The company I am actually working with is Buckeye Texas Partners, based in Houston, TX. Most everyone here is a contractor like myself, and, while most of them are from somewhere else, I actually live in Corpus Christi. Buckeye TX Partners belongs to the larger Buckeye Partners, based in Breinigsville, PA. I have really enjoyed the diversity of people, cultures and work experience, the learning process (my first construction site position), getting to make new friends, and the freedom to spread my wings, taking on as many extra duties as I desire. Overall, it has been a great opportunity which I have enjoyed immensely.

The Executive Director of the entire project is the one who hired me, and I am his direct report. I would gladly work in this Industry again, and/or on a construction site as well.
Great Management!
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 26, 2015
I'm a currently employee in the NJ office. Both my manager and the CEO are very warm and caring people. I've worked in places before where I've felt like just a number, but it couldn't be more different here. They'll ask where you'd like to go in your career and try to help you get there!
Pros
Hour lunches, Caring Management.
It a good company
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 6, 2015
I am a contractor at Talascend onsite at Meritor. I think it is a good company but they need to provide better benefits. They do not provide hiloday pay or vacation and that is a hige drawback.
it was ok.
Manufacturing technician (Former Employee) –  rochester hills, miJanuary 19, 2015
mantine shop tools and hand out tools to techs. it was a good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talascend LLC. Our community is ready to answer.