Talbert House Employee Reviews

A good place to work for those just beginning in the field as well as those who are seasoned.
Therapeutic Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
Talbert House provides diverse opportunities in the social services and corrections fields. There are well over 40 sites to explore. They extend leadership opportunities and encourages one to do so. Benefits and incentives are also a plus with this company.
It Was Great.
•It Was Very Decent
• Getting Paid
Fulfilling job, collaborative workplace
Public Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2018
I have been at Talbert House for about 3 months, at the Executive Office. The members of my team have been nothing but helpful and encouraging with transitioning me into the job, especially considering I was new to this type of position. Communication between departments on special projects seems to be great and everyone works together to make sure things get done. The atmosphere is relaxed but still quick-paced, there's always plenty to do with such a big agency. I'm most enjoying the work/life balance I've been able to have since taking this job, especially since the work I did before did not leave much room for that. And the times I do have to work on weekends or evenings are completely worth it, seeing the difference the agency is making in the community. I have really enjoyed my time with Talbert House so far and hope to continue learning and growing in this position and with this team.
Would work there again
Clinical Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2018
Overall, Talbert House is a solid place to work. There is room for advancement if you have the appropriate credentials. Staff is friendly and helpful. Trainings were very informative and useful. Work hours were flexible and many office locations you can work at.
Pros
Trainings are free
Cons
Salary is a little low
Great place!
CCMEP Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2018
Awesome entry level opportunity into the world of social services. The collaboration of agency and programs provides a wealth of resources for the customer as well as the workers.
Pros
Ample social wprker experience.
Cons
With any sw field, pay is low.
Great non-profit with a great cause
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2018
Talbert House does so much for so many people it's difficult to put it in a review. It was a pleasure working for Talbert House and assisting with the reintegration of offenders into society. The Health and Human Services Research Department at Talbert House provides such valuable information and research that will absolutely benefit both those involved in the criminal justice system and society as a whole.
Fast paced atmosphere
Contract Billing Specialist/CATT Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2018
I worked in a very fast paced, stressful environment. There were numerous deadlines for completing the invoicing and getting the financial statements out. Our entire department worked diligently to meet these deadlines and to put our accurate, quality work.
Productive and useful
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2018
This job was not hard at all, the salary was very poor, and the management was not the best. The most enjoyable part was helping students with behavioral problems.
Pros
The culture of people and clients.
Cons
The salary was terrible and still is.
Great place to help others
Training Specialist/Coach (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2018
Excellent social work agency where you can help others. We are very client focused and trauma informed. Social work does not pay well, but you make a difference.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Being on call
was my start in the feild
ASAM (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2018
This was my start in the field and was very interesting as a job n corrections in the field of transitional control, this is the field i wanted to work in with helping others turn their lives around
Pros
the residents
Cons
some of the residents
High stress for low pay
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2018
The job is very stressful. Therapist are required to schedule every hour of the day and see clients 8 hours a day and get punished for low productivity despite having no control over client's show rate.
Pros
Good Health insurance
Cons
Low compensations
work place
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2018
They require you do so much work for little pay. I have learned a lot working with this company but I cant make a living working here. The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients that don't want change.
Pros
PTO when need
Cons
No raises.
Good Job
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2018
I Love the work that I do. I feel that working for the Talbert House was one of the best things I could have done in my life. if I had do it allover I again I would.!
Watch out for management.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 30, 2018
I worked there as an intern and was left alone for a week to work by myself with another new worker alone with the clients. Some clients can be rude and disruptive, it was stressful and some nights I stayed longer to make sure everything was in order. When new management was at the facility everything went down hill. It’s just a lot of work and a lot of “ I’m the boss” type of people. They will talk about you behind your back, some management is even unprofessional. Look else where.
Pros
Training, some staff
Cons
Management, clients
Poor management and low wages
Clinical Service Provider (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 25, 2018
It has been said to me "If you can work here you can work anywhere." Overall, it is long hours, stressful work, and low pay.
I enjoy working with my clients, and I do believe that if I can work here I could work most other places.
Nice Colleagues Poor Management
Non exempt (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2018
Dont work there not even to gain experience. Management doesn't follow rules. Its a clique. Most people are there because they need the money. Someone received a raise of 9cents
Poor management and low wages
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2018
Working with troubled teen-aged girls in a residential setting is never easy. The pay does not reflect what the staff has to endure. The management is untrained
Pros
benefits, training programs
Cons
high turn over rate, mandatory overtime
Amusement Park
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
You never know what kind of day you will have. You will have your ups in downs through out the day. As long as you come in with the mind set of helping people this will be the job for you. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with clients on a one on one bases.
bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2018
I like working here telling the residens advance. Working here can change your way of life. Giving advice to strangers to turn their life around is really worth it.
Horrible place to work
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Talbert House is a big monster who attempts to gobble up smaller companies. The culture is very dysfunctional and is probably the worst place I have ever worked. Upper management staff are supervise in a retaliatory manner. A very bias and discriminatory place to work. DON'T WORK HERE!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talbert House. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight