Talbert House Employee Reviews

The Talbert House location where I use to work was very unprofessional, the culture was one of favoritism and unprofessionalism. Management lacked man
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 13, 2019
If you need some experience in the field, perhaps this may be a good start but I wouldn’t stay there long. This particular environment it not how most work environments operate.
Pros
Flexibility for doctor appointment, etc.
Cons
No room for growth through the contracted sites.
A great place to grow your career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2019
As a supervisor it is a company I joined to sharpen my skills and broaden my knowledge. Talbert House is a great place to work if you want to use your passion for helping the community.
Pros
People I work with are great team members, good benefits, the position fits my career goals
working conditions unsafe
Operational Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2019
well I started this job with a negative in staff we had like 5 full time and 4 part time and in less than a month's time 4 staff we're fired within a two day period and me being the Operational lead I should have been informed in advance to prepare myself for the shift in hours needed to be covered. my responsibilities increased everyday and I never received the one on one training of my positioning my boss was new to her position also and there is so much more I could talk about.
Pros
career position
Cons
having to leave that position because of unsafe conditions.
Resident Advisor-ADAPT
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2019
Not flexible at all. Will ask you to work many shifts and hours but not try to accommodate you when you ask for a little. Upper management does not know how to speak to staff. Be prepared to deal with Ego's and disrespect not from clients but form staff.
Pros
Laxed work enviornment/ Plenty of OT
Cons
Late hours No flexibility Avergae hourly pay
Dysfunctional at best
Executive Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2019
My department had very poor communication, no one ever talked with each other and the atmosphere was not friendly. Management did not value employee work experience and knowledge of those in lower positions. They only except one way to do things dispite other methods being perfectly acceptable and more preference than correct. Severe micromanagement and withholding of information to the point of inhibiting ability to meet requested work deadlines. Very little information is stored on the department files on the network, management tends to keep it in their personal files section so even if you are working on the same project you do not have access to the most recent version of the work document. Very few projects went out on time and the backlog of projects only grew during my years at Talbert House, mostly due to bottlenecks at the top (i.e., management).
Nice place to work
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 19, 2019
Good job for college students to work at u can learn a lot about stuff like why people do what they did to get out in jail and end up in here it can help you a lot
Never work here, ever.
Clinical Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2019
Stressful work environment, unmanageable caseload, zero guidance/direction from management, paid absolutely nothing for the amount of work completed, unrealistic expectations of clients, zero positive outcomes of completing the program.
Good team lean IT
Sr. Database Administrator/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2019
Great mission and the company stuck with it. Migration of sql servers eventually moved to combine with a projected migration to the cloud. At which time the project was moved to the managed services team.
would not recommend
THERAPIST-CLINICAL SERVICE PROVIDER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2019
the culture at talbert house is extremely negative. they are so focused on money and productivity they give little to no focus on positive management and skill building. Poor management, poor working conditions and poor compensation. Terrible work/life balance and benefits.
Great staff, relaxed work atmossphere
Outpatient Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, OhioJanuary 30, 2019
Management is good, we have an on staff psychiatrist and RN, clientele include alcohol and drug and mental health clients. Groups and individual sessions are offered.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
The downside is an antiquated computer system.
Nightmare
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Worst place I have ever worked. Turnover is high and cannot keep good people. Management operates on the philosophy that everyone is replaceable. Pay is terrible especially with what you deal with on a daily basis. Working with upper management was more challenging then working with clients. VP and Directors of BH do not want someone in a leadership position that will not support their ideas and will challenge doing business as usual. Business as usual includes unethical practices and mismanagement of funds. Sexual harassment, discrimination, and misuse of money are a daily occurrence and management does not listen when employees report this behavior. Work environment was hostile and the culture was one where everyone talks behind everyones backs. This place made me sick when I was there and the relief I felt the last time I walked out the doors is indescribable. Avoid this place at all costs. The only good thing I have to say about this place is the health insurance was good. Not good enough to stay...
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Everything else
Room For Advancement and Development Due To High Turnover
Multiple Jobs and Supervisory (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2019
Talbert House is a nonprofit encompassing many programs from housing to court and corrections. The money is not so good, the benefits are not so good, and the work culture is bad. Talbert House is great as a stepping stone for self starters who seek work experience. It is unfortunate that the high turnover rate is what allows you to climb ranks rather than merit. The work sites are often very disorganized and communication is almost nonexistent. Getting answers on things that seem easy is like pulling teeth.

Talbert House management will tell you they don't pay a lot because, "It's not about the money," and you will likely encounter a lot of not so good 'things.' A quick search of how much money the non profit and its management makes will make you feel unappreciated. At the same time, the work experience is what you put into it, allowing you to personally develop and seek your career elsewhere with great skills and knowledge while being able to help clients.

+ Recommended as a stepping stone for people pursuing careers elsewhere.

- Not Recommended as a long term job or as a job that will just get you by.
Great Learning experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJanuary 7, 2019
I completed my co-op at Talbert House. It was a great learning experience. My supervisor was young and still learning as well so that did have its challenges.
Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 19, 2018
A day usually start with Check email, and check voice mail, visit clients or walk ins, maintain paper work, enter information into the system within 24hours, paid miles. Weekly, bi, or monthly meeting. 1week of new employees orientation. Learn on the job training. Maintain your utilization review. Some mangers are great, some are micro-managers. 2nd level management are non-supportative, 3rd level management is the same and so on. Some managers encourage being on a committee.
Free CDCA trainings and other trainings (30 hrs of over all training). The hardest part of the job being micro managed. Best part of the job working with co-workers and clients to achieve goals. Some weekend and attend special events.
Pros
Schedule flexible, mileage, co workers, benefits (depending on the plan)
Cons
Low pay, Utilization, some management, PTO (sick, vacation, personal, etc), Fsa
Very low pay
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2018
I had a Master's degree and they were not willing to offer me any more money than my counterpart who had a high school diploma. There was also a culture of who you know and who likes you to get advancement opportunities. They also continuously add duties to your already booked agenda.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
pay
could have been a great place to work, but not a healthy physical environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 29, 2018
Sometimes it is best to not say anything, if you cannot say something positive.

It's been so long, I can't remember much about it. However, my first two managers were very good people, cared about their work and was respectful to their employees.
Pros
difficult
Cons
a lot
I like working at CCC location. I just want a part time job in addition for more income.
CDCA Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHSeptember 29, 2018
The benefits are great. Working at CCC is great. Management and co-workers are supportive. There are good training opportunities in house. The best part of the job is observing the growth in clients.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
compensation
Production work environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2018
Pays below the Cincinnati and Ohio job markets. Very little opportunity for job advancement. Very diverse workforce, and abundance of diversity training.
N/a
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Dread coming into work. Positions are overwhelming. Employees are very much childish. Not a fun environment, Clients have great conversation. Supervisors are always not answering the phones
High turnover
Director of Housing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Very high turnover with case management staff and no support for management. Very chaotic work environment due to multiple demands from Senior Management.
Pros
Co-workers and Staff were great to work with
Cons
Senior Management was difficult to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talbert House. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight