Talbots

Talbots Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA24 reviews
Talbots is a good Retail company, one of the better retail companies. However after five years of never having a Holiday off and working weekends is very trying. I am of an age in which many of my family members are passing away. I don't have a chance to spend time with them. My Father passed and I was not able to spend any Holidays with him...looking for a job that I can have time for family and friends.
Pros
No quick turnover, get to know our Customers
Cons
No Holidays off, block out time for vacation, use or loose...I loose vacation time every year.
Atmosphere has improved over the past six months. There is a new manager and he is a wonderful addition to the staff. All of the employees meld together greatly. Joy to go to work.
Nice work environment in retail, got along with my co workers.
Management was alright, customer service was #1.

I was provided enough hours working part time.
a diverse group of ladies to work with. enjoy the conversations with the older customer (a lot of wisdom learned). always learning something new each season
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The location I was placed at was horrible. They treat the customers very well, but employees like trash. It very important to value your employees if you want them to perform well!
Management needs to follow the rules and regulations at all times. So that employees can follow only one rule and won't get confuse. Management should look on the employees break specially during holiday. They need to provide 1 hour break for employees working more than 7 to 8 hours on the floor.
Pros
Employees Discount
Cons
Short Break
Work was not hard. Very simple help customers and open boxes. The managers are pretty strict about everything. You would like the job if you enjoy being around all elderly ladies
Pros
Relaxed place to work
Cons
Short breaks
Shifts tend to be between five and ten hours depending on what position you hold. Every position is heavily related to customer service. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Breaks last between 15-30 minutes.
Once a new GM was implemented, my store began to loose morale. GM created an environment where lying to achieve your goal was acceptable. Changes made that weren’t even followed by the company themselves.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No breaks, toxic management, no accountability
Working in this retail store was something that helped me as I was going to school. I really love to shop and being able to see the styles before hanging them and placing them on the floor was priceless
Pros
being able to see the new styles before the clothes hit the floor
Cons
short staff
This company was very sloppy in the hiring process the training process and then some. I was rarely trained and had to teach myself throughout the entire time I was here,
tense work environment; unorganized environment; not teamwork based; customers were friendly; great location; sales associates were very kind; staff that wasn't management was very supportive
Overall the people who work here were great.
Management not so much and is always changing.

Didn't get benefits because I was only a part time sales person
-Loyal customer base
-Behavior based environment to lead and coach, Very positive.

-Transparent leadership that shared generously to the leadership in the field.
Nice ladies that work there but they did not want to train me to work the cash registers. They made me fold clothes all day for months and it was so bad and boring.
- Exceed monthly sales goals as set forth by the company
- Responsible for processing shipment, markdowns, and day-to-day operational tasks as needed.
good
Cons
fun
Must have the ability to multitask. The company encourages high team spirit, and supports career advancement. I personally enjoyed working for Talbots because of the following reasons:
Schedule Flexibility.

Great work environment.

Great employee discount.
I learned a lot about retail working there. It's a fast paced store which will make you into a hard and effective worker. the managers and co-workers were friendly and open to help when needed.
A typical day at work can be anywhere from a long line and messing clothes laying everywhere. To dealing with an emotional customer/customers who cant find anything to wear because of either time or the weight they gained/lost. For a male this would be an experience of a LIFEtime. Of course the majority of your co workers here are woman and you will soon learn how it is to be around woman 24/7 if you already aren't.
Pros
Discounts on clothes, great management
Cons
Short breaks and you only get benefits if you are full time.
A typical day at work includes assisting the customers during their shopping experience as well as during their transactions at the register. Maintaining the appearance of the sales floor, filling in the product, keeping the cash wrap stocked and well maintained. Answering the telephones quickly and accurately, transferring calls, answering customers questions. etc The management team at Talbots Chevy Chase is awesome! All very hard working people who do an outstanding job. The associates are also awesome and there is a diverse group of people. The hardest part of the job is assuring that each and EVERY customer has received exceptional service and will be likely to return to the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist different people, with different needs, and different backgrounds whom all visit the store for the same reason: THE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Pros
management, pay, incentives
Cons
no opportunity for promotions
excellent place to work. learned to make customer happy. learned how to promote sales and service. healthy working environment.