Talent Inc. Employee Reviews

1.7
Ratings breakdown
Horrible work
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 28, 2018
Your compensation will average less than minimum wage. The time you have to put in is hours on one project - no upfront training, but extremely stringent quality checks. They set you up for failure and pay you peanuts, if you even get that. If you see anything from Top Resume, JC Resumes, Top Interview or (Talent Inc.) run!
Pros
Not a bad gig for spare time, but it gets old fast
Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 4, 2017
Learn some cool skills, make some money on your own time, but the pay is not worth it. Considering making a GOOD resume from scratch may require a couple hours, doing it for others who you have never met is not a quick easy task. The work isn't that bad, people can be rude, but if you enjoy writing this work is not the problem. Getting paid $25/resume for projects that customers pay over $150 for is. I tried working this job full time but the amount of work I'd have to complete and hours I'd put in equate to $12/hour or less.
Pros
Work from home/flexible
Cons
Low pay
Horrible
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 21, 2017
Horrible place to work. They pay very little for resumes that you rework and that can take many hours. I'm sure they charge their clients hundreds of dollars, and the ones doing all the work get paid peanuts. You'd make more money as a Walmart greeter.
Scammers
writer (Former Employee) –  remoteNovember 1, 2017
I was told I would make $40 per resume on average. I ended up working 6 hours for $25, they sent me a huge list of revisions, like, the bullets were copied and pasted and had to be redone. Then they take 3 days for revisions and give writers 24 hours. I said I didn't want to put in any more time, just wanted to get my pay and quit because I'm working on other projects and they can't give any more notice than a day, they never paid me. You are better off to work at McDonalds in my opinion
Pros
work from home
Cons
work hard for very little pay, no notice for revisions
Return on time investment ends up being less than minimum wage
Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 18, 2017
The work is steady however, their feedback is only criticism and not an environment where you can learn. If they had people whom you could talk to it would be much better. Or if they had live training sessions once a week where you could join on-line, it would be very beneficial.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Pay is less then minimum wage once you add up your hours
Not worth the headache
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 15, 2017
You were asked to write a resume and you received very little money for your effort. For some resumes, you had to do research which could take hours and then if the customer was not satisfied, it would take way more time and you only got compensated for about 10% of what the company got for the resume.
Pros
Cons
little compensation for work provided
Low Pay- Difficult Customers
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2017
A majority of the customers had already established themselves in their career field. That made having to edit their resume with mostly new content very difficult. The organization expected you to deal with negative customer feedback, even when they approved your resume to be sent out to the customer. Not worth the pay and hassle.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
everything else
They overhired dozens of people
Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 12, 2017
I was hired alongside a group of about two dozen writer/editors. During the interview I explicitly asked if this remote job could be a full-time job (not just supplemental work). The hiring manager at the time, who has since been fired, was blase about it. "You could even do up to 60 hours a week if you wanted," he said.

Not true in the slightest. The first week I was given 8 hours of work total. Later that week, we were informed of the manager's dismissal, and we were all let go soon after. It was handled very poorly.
Pros
remote work, flexible
Cons
not transparent, poor managerial skills
Misleading Job Description from Employer
Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 2, 2017
Did contract work for this company based on what they claimed for payment: "Compensation averages approximately $40 per project, with an average project requiring 2 hours of work effort" but this turned out not to be true. The average pay is $20-$25 per project and required an average 3-4 hours per/resume. This time also did not include revisions requested from customers, and they failed to mention that if a customer was unhappy with the work you did, there is a high percentage that you will not get paid for the work you already completed (you get zero money). They charge customers hundreds of dollars, but you only get peanuts.
Very low pay
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 19, 2017
Did contract work for them for several months, the standards are ridiculous in that 80% of a client's resume had to be brand new content, so you would spend up to 4 or 5 hours working on them putting you less than minimum wage. It's nice that there is a steady stream of work, but because of its "quality control" features it takes forever to complete a project.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Pay is peanuts
Resume Writer
Resume Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Talent Inc. is a sham. They claim projects take 1-2 hours but it is a total, bald faced lie. You might get lucky and get an occasional project where the initial resume is pretty good and you can be done in a couple of hours, but the majority of projects will take 4-5 hours, still for the $20-25 fee. The convenience of working at home is nice but realize you're going to make $5 per hour. And don't forget you'll be an independent contractor so you will cover your entire FICA contribution.
Pros
Convenience of working at home, decent templates
Cons
Plan on earning $5 per hour on average
Flexible
Freelance Resume Writer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NevadaFebruary 16, 2017
Request as much work as you can handle. Some clients are more nit picky than others, and some products take more time to develop because the client doesn't understand the type of details that go into a resume, but overall it is an established revenue stream and excellent experience for future endeavors..
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Lower compensation than some competitors
Great team | Awesome environment
Director of Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 12, 2016
Responsive, transparent leadership. A strong focus on customer value. A drive to "do it better." Incredible Talent at all levels of staff. Great on-site and remote company culture.
Pros
remote work, solid benefits
Less than minimum wage
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 17, 2016
This company will issue you a resume that someone wants updated. For a standard resume, they will pay you $23.00, and $5 for a cover letter. However, they want 80% original content for this low of a wage. Consider that between reviewing and changing the content, submitting it for review, then having them come back with nit picky comments about the margins, which were from the templates THEY provided, you are looking at a good 3 hours, easily. So, divide $23 by 3, and you are looking at $7.67 an hour...not worth it. I would barely recommend my worst enemy to work for this cheap, overbearing company.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Resume Writers-you are better off with a Minimum Wage Job
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2016
Don’t waste your time working here if you are a professional resume writer. You will never make a decent wage. If you consider the time it takes to complete a resume/cover letter/LinkedIn Profile and the pay of $18-25 you will not even make minimum wage for an average project. I took this job because it appeared to be a great way to supplement income and earn wages in between professional writing jobs. I completely wasted my time. It took me several hours to complete my first few resumes because of the extra time to complete revisions and meet my high personal standard. I thought I would eventually complete projects quicker but I was SOOO wrong. I even put in full-time hours for a month and made less than minimum wage to show for it. If you still want to take this job despite all of the warnings from other resume writers, be sure to document every hour you work. Employment laws in your state might allow you to claim back pay to bring you up to the minimum wage rate. This company recruits resume writers so aggressively and they have a constant influx of new writers they can eliminate all writers who discover that they will never earn wages promised.

If helping other job seekers appeals to you find a good job search program in your area and volunteer your time. Your time will be so much better spent.
Pros
Ability to work from home and you get a chance to help other job seekers
Cons
You will never make a decent wage or even justify your hours spent.