Talent Inc. Employee Reviews

Not as good as they say
Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 2, 2019
I will like to say something positive about this company, sadly I can't
While you might think it is promising since in the job post they offer a lot of good things, this is not the case. I agree with other reviews about how the process works. They will make you work hard and then the editors will find anything to say they are not happy. They are very hard to please even if you try your best. Bottom line, if you are tempted about this job I will not recommend this. They will make you lose your time and at any given moment say you are not going to continue working with them. Think about it before you apply.
Pros
You can manage your time ( sort of)
Cons
The amount of ridiculous stress and pressure you are on to please many people at once.
Great way to help people but you won't get paid much for it
Resume Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 26, 2018
I greatly enjoy my work at Talent Inc. I've been editing resumes for them for years. The only problem is that there is a limit to how many resumes you can write in a day if you are concerned with the quality you provide. It would be nice if it paid a little better.
Pros
Flexible hours, responsive writer support, great managers
Cons
low pay, limited advancement opportunities
Set your own financial goals
Contracted Writer (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 6, 2018
Great company to work for if you have drive and like independence. Fantastic resources to work with and can pick and choose which assignments to take. If you have great customer service skills, 90% of customers are fantastic to work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule, set your own hours
Cons
Contract Work versus employment
Pay
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  HomeDecember 2, 2018
You make very little. The amount of time it takes to complete a resume in ratio to the contracted amount makes your pay below minimum wage. There were not enough resumes to complete a decent wage.
Extremely Low Wages for Work Required
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 12, 2018
I enjoy writing resumes and other career documents. However, the pay per resume/cover letter/LinkedIn does not align with the work required to produce excellent work, so I terminated my contract. I made below minimum wage after comparing my work hours with the pay. Interfacing with clients via email and completing revisions made the pay per hour even less. I would only recommend this position to someone looking to gain experience with resume writing but not for a professional writer looking to make a living.
Cons
Low pay for work involved
Terrible
Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 6, 2018
Terrible company to work for. I would ask that everyone please give this company bad reviews. This company needs to be banned from even existing......
Pros
Cons
everything
Low pay
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2018
The ads for this position are so misleading. I answered one that said earnings of $3500+ per month with flexible hours. I don't see how this is even remotely possible. Top pay for one resume is roughly $35 and this is for an international resume. Sounds good right? Until you work 15 to 20 hours on just that one resume because the "manager/reviewer" nit picks the template that they created! They 80% of original content from customer's resume and if they feel your work doesn't apply they will keep sending it back, or just take it away from you.

The stress to be sure everything is up to par is ridiculous as is the fact of getting yelled at by customer's via email who are condescending, impatient, and ungrateful. They want to be the only customer you work on, which is not realistic at all with the pay. There are also NO BENEFITS whatsoever.
Pros
Flexibility in working from home
Cons
low pay, no benefits, and days without work
Not worth the time
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  TelecommuteAugust 31, 2018
They want you to basically re-write resumes based on a simple questionnaire provided by the customer (most the time this wasn't even fully filled out) and half the time the customer was unresponsive so you have to just do what you can to make up stuff to put in the resume using "stock language" that's pretty much boilerplate language for that job type.

It's really not writing at all and it's really low pay for the amount of time you spend going through all of the documents provided by the customer, researching their new position, and compiling that new info nicely and neatly to the customer's expectations. All that for $25? And then you have to be in constant communication with the clients over the language that Talent, Inc. asks you to use (one client complained that I wrote things that "weren't true" in his resume because I used stock language) and small things in their resume that they could easily fix or add. Not worth it at all. Would not recommend to real writers. After my first onboarding assignments, I told them I wouldn't be signing the contract.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, constant customer interaction, no real writing at all
Underpay writers
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 28, 2018
Too many chiefs and unclear expectations. They should pay writers double what they are paying and provide prompt support. They would take a couple days to review submissions and then make orders late and penalize you.
Pros
write from home
Cons
Low pay for all the work you end up doing
This is not a good place to work as a freelance resume writer.
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 16, 2018
There are three reasons for low rating: (1) Low Pay, (2) Company Refusal to Pay for Work Done, (3) Arrogant Clientele. Arrogant Quality Control Staff.
Pros
Flexible hours that you set.
Cons
Pay, Clientele, Amount of Work Required to Complete a Resume
Don't do it
Doesn't Matter (Former Employee) –  Doesn't matterMarch 20, 2018
Zero support, horrible customers, borderline unethical sales pitches, and unaware "management".

There is no work life balance and if you don't work, you don't get paid. You live your life in front of your computer.

"Standards" are what ever happens to be the daily subjectivity.
Horrible work
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 28, 2018
Your compensation will average less than minimum wage. The time you have to put in is hours on one project - no upfront training, but extremely stringent quality checks. They set you up for failure and pay you peanuts, if you even get that. If you see anything from Top Resume, JC Resumes, Top Interview or (Talent Inc.) run!
Pros
Not a bad gig for spare time, but it gets old fast
Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 4, 2017
Learn some cool skills, make some money on your own time, but the pay is not worth it. Considering making a GOOD resume from scratch may require a couple hours, doing it for others who you have never met is not a quick easy task. The work isn't that bad, people can be rude, but if you enjoy writing this work is not the problem. Getting paid $25/resume for projects that customers pay over $150 for is. I tried working this job full time but the amount of work I'd have to complete and hours I'd put in equate to $12/hour or less.
Pros
Work from home/flexible
Cons
Low pay
Horrible
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 21, 2017
Horrible place to work. They pay very little for resumes that you rework and that can take many hours. I'm sure they charge their clients hundreds of dollars, and the ones doing all the work get paid peanuts. You'd make more money as a Walmart greeter.
Scammers
writer (Former Employee) –  remoteNovember 1, 2017
I was told I would make $40 per resume on average. I ended up working 6 hours for $25, they sent me a huge list of revisions, like, the bullets were copied and pasted and had to be redone. Then they take 3 days for revisions and give writers 24 hours. I said I didn't want to put in any more time, just wanted to get my pay and quit because I'm working on other projects and they can't give any more notice than a day, they never paid me. You are better off to work at McDonalds in my opinion
Pros
work from home
Cons
work hard for very little pay, no notice for revisions
Return on time investment ends up being less than minimum wage
Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 18, 2017
The work is steady however, their feedback is only criticism and not an environment where you can learn. If they had people whom you could talk to it would be much better. Or if they had live training sessions once a week where you could join on-line, it would be very beneficial.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Pay is less then minimum wage once you add up your hours
Not worth the headache
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 15, 2017
You were asked to write a resume and you received very little money for your effort. For some resumes, you had to do research which could take hours and then if the customer was not satisfied, it would take way more time and you only got compensated for about 10% of what the company got for the resume.
Pros
Cons
little compensation for work provided
Low Pay- Difficult Customers
Resume Writer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2017
A majority of the customers had already established themselves in their career field. That made having to edit their resume with mostly new content very difficult. The organization expected you to deal with negative customer feedback, even when they approved your resume to be sent out to the customer. Not worth the pay and hassle.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
everything else
They overhired dozens of people
Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 12, 2017
I was hired alongside a group of about two dozen writer/editors. During the interview I explicitly asked if this remote job could be a full-time job (not just supplemental work). The hiring manager at the time, who has since been fired, was blase about it. "You could even do up to 60 hours a week if you wanted," he said.

Not true in the slightest. The first week I was given 8 hours of work total. Later that week, we were informed of the manager's dismissal, and we were all let go soon after. It was handled very poorly.
Pros
remote work, flexible
Cons
not transparent, poor managerial skills
Misleading Job Description from Employer
Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 2, 2017
Did contract work for this company based on what they claimed for payment: "Compensation averages approximately $40 per project, with an average project requiring 2 hours of work effort" but this turned out not to be true. The average pay is $20-$25 per project and required an average 3-4 hours per/resume. This time also did not include revisions requested from customers, and they failed to mention that if a customer was unhappy with the work you did, there is a high percentage that you will not get paid for the work you already completed (you get zero money). They charge customers hundreds of dollars, but you only get peanuts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talent Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7