Talent Inc.

Talent Inc. Employee Reviews

United States204 reviews
Good environment but hard work and pressure of a start up
Good environment but hard work and pressure of a start-up Little room for advancement. Management is very transparent about what is happening to the company and will seek your opinion
If resume writing is your thing...
This job is great for resume writers who can create content fast and well. There are plenty of opportunities to make money if you work hard. I am an experienced resume writer and feel like I should be compensated more for the work I put in, therefore, I would not say this is a good job for someone who likes to take their time to make good products.
Excellent workplace culture and very flexible
I really enjoy working for this company. I am able to talk to new people from across the country and world and get to help them pursue career opportunities. I love supporting people and having work life balance.
Decent, low pay
Great way to gain som experience as a resume writer. But extremely low pay for the amount of work that goes into a project. But if you don’t mind that, it’s a decent way to make some extra cash.
Pros
Remote, set own schedule
Cons
Very low wages
Great if you need flexibility
I love this job because I can do it from anywhere in the world, management treats me fairly, and even if a client is a nightmare, they're gone from my life in a week. There is a steep learning curve, but you can make decent money once you overcome it.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It was great until management changed.
Talent, Inc. changed management and then fired me abruptly after I'd worked there for 4 years. I was there longer than the new management, and I knew the system back and front. I was one of their most experienced writers, and even after being fired, customers were still giving me good reviews. If the original and more competent management had remained, I would still be there. I feel sorry for anyone who works there now. They are inconsistent with their expectations, and they run through writers like water. Most companies want employees who are willing to grow with them. Talent, Inc. doesn't want to keep employees long term. They'll use you and lose you!
Pros
Resume writing is a legit work from home profession.
Cons
The management is horrible now, and they do not truly value their writers.
Official response from Talent Inc.
September 26, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. In the last several months we have been adjusting and enforcing our responsiveness, quality and customer service requirements for our projects, all of them aimed at achieving an optimal customer experience and maintain a certain standard in our network. We notify writers who don't meet these requirements and work with them to assess whether this can be rectified moving forward. When this is not possible, we discontinue our engagement with the writer.

While taking these steps is not easy, we believe is for the greater good of our clients, our network, our company and the writer in question. We have a pretty open-door policy to discuss this in further detail, if needed. Feel free to contact me at armando@talentinc.com

Armando Roman

SVP, Operations
Flexible, low pay
What I love about Talent Inc is that it’s remote and you can completely make your own schedule. But it pays writers very low wages for work. Some resumes take a lot more work than others, but you get the same rate per project regardless. Executive level projects and entry level pay the same, which is frustrating:
Pros
Flexible schedule, make your own schedule, remote work, take as many or as few project as you want
Cons
Very low pay for the amount of work required
Sweat Shop from Home
Talent, Inc. gives very little instruction/training when you start. It is heavily self-directed training. You are given a mentor that has their own workload and gives you a tiny amount of feedback, nothing really helpful. My mentor kept moving me along and I thought I was doing well. After 3 documents, you are on your own. You think you are completing tasks to their guidelines and finish a resume in 2-3 hours (at less than minimum wage). Then, you submit it and start on another. Before you know it, the first has been returned and the juggling starts. Every time your resume is returned, you are making less money and spending more time. It is a hamster wheel experience where you are working for free.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Little pay, little guidance/training, poor feedback
Amazing people
The job was definitely difficult in the sense that there was always a lot to do, and the demands were high. However, my team was amazing, and we felt close. The other teams I worked with were also amazing.
N.A, I work from home.
This is a good company to work for as an Independent Contractor. It offers one the opportunity to work as much or as little as desired. The company is reliable -- always pays on time and there is plenty of work available.
If you aren't a resume writer now, don't start here
If you already write resumes, this is probably a great place to work. $30-50 for a resume is fine if you're putting on a polish (and they do have high standards, so hey-if you're using them, thats awesome!) but an 80% rewrite with a client who doesn't give you a lot of info means you're doing a huge amount of research for $30. Spent seven hours redoing a resume as I was given little details by the client - had to find the info myself - and that's not worth my time. Like I said in my title - if you already write resumes, this place is great. If you aren't in that field already? Little training and a lot of frustration.
Pros
Good for the established resume writer
Cons
no training, low compensation
Sweatshop
If you're really hurting for money, or just would like a gig that only lasts a few weeks, then this is not bad. The amount of pay you receive per resume is in no way commensurate with the amount of work you need to put into them. Standards and evaluation are pretty subjective; often, you can receive feedback on your work and have no time to respond, as you are then evaluated on resumes that were already in progress when you got the feedback!

But it is a job, and you can probably last for a few weeks, and that's enough for a little gas money or whatever.
Pros
Work at home.
Cons
Spotty support, subjective feedback, impossible quality standards, given the timeframes you have to work with.
Comically low pay
Let me begin by saying I have a full-time job, and I intended to use this as an extra income. This was a very easy job to get, too easy. I am a technical editor, so I have experience. However my "interview" was exactly one question (why do I want to work there) and a short writing assessment. There was in introductory presentation with useful information, and you're assigned a mentor to help with your first few assignments. My mentor was fine, she was helpful and communicative. You're given absolutely zero training, just an information base with loads of info and company standards, and a long list of expectations.

You're expected to rewrite 80% of a client's original resume, and if you don't have enough information you're expected to research your clients jobs and write relevant entries yourself. I totally understand all of this, the client is paying for this service and expects a new, well-written document. My issue is entirely with the ridiculously low compensation for writers. You get roughly 30 dollars per assignment. I only completed one order with this company, and I spent many hours researching my client's past positions, and searching the company database for relevant information I needed. I easily spent 12 hours on this one assignment, going through multiple rounds of revisions with a picky client, all the while knowing I was only getting 30 bucks. And in the end, I wasn't even paid.

There is basically no supervision, which in my opinion can be a plus. My mentor was helpful, and the information base has a ton of useful information, but you spend so much time
 - more...
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Very low pay, no training
Remote work from home
Self-motivation is a must; Company has recently upped its incentives for writers and pay. Writing process is smooth and provides a collaboration opportunity between client and writer.
Aweful
Don't do it. Everything is unnecessarily complicated. I have no idea how this company is in business. The pay they promise versus what you will actually receive is completely unethical.
Great PT contract position
I've been working with Talent Inc as a contract writer for over 2 years now. Many wonderful improvements. Compensation is fair, & I love the extra $$
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
When tons of orders come in - there can be a delay in communications
Great Remote Job
I have recently re-joined Talent Inc. as a remote resume writer and I love the changes they have made!

The compensation has increased and now some orders offer a speed/other bonus. I feel fairly compensated per order now with or without a bonus.

You can also review orders before you accept them which I LOVE.

Plus they have kept many of the things I liked before: work at your own pace from wherever you want, the knowledge-base, and writer support is great.

I would definitely recommend this job to anyone looking to make extra money in their downtime while helping people improve their resumes!
Excellent opportunity to earn extra income while working from home
Talent Inc. provides me with an excellent opportunity to earn income while working from home at my own pace. The company culture seems to be laid back but very much in tune with the needs of clients and employees. I believe my degree in English and previous employment background in human resources have prepared me well for this position, and the feedback I receive generally supports this supposition. The best part of the job is the flexibility it offers. It fits my schedule and skill set perfectly.
public (not sure what this means)
I find this an extremely rewarding work experience. I have the advantage of working at my convenience. but being aware of timely completion of assignments and also working at home. The company provides all the tools necessary for development, customer support, and timely payment.
I have learned how to respond to people and hopefully provide them with the products and outcomes they are expecting for total customer satisfaction. I feel that some clients have ideas they want to develop but are often not to company formatting. They often say "my friend said I should do it this way". This is challenging but once they see a first draft they seem very appreciative. Overall most people are extremely satisfied and say it exceeded their expectations which is very rewarding.

I would give an overall 5 star rating!!!
Talent Inc - Writer Review
Talent Inc - A great place to work.

Best parts: Work at your own pace at home Choose the fields you want to write for.

Hardest parts: Very high standards - good for developing writing style. Be prepared to do your own research into current business procedures, technical details, and marketing the customer.

Benefits: Like studying an advanced literature course at college and getting paid to do it!
Good opportunity
Great (legitimate) work from home company! The work is fairly easy but the pay doesn't seem fair compared to what they are charging clients. Regardless, I enjoy working for the company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talent Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6