Talent Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Remote Job
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
I have recently re-joined Talent Inc. as a remote resume writer and I love the changes they have made!

The compensation has increased and now some orders offer a speed/other bonus. I feel fairly compensated per order now with or without a bonus.

You can also review orders before you accept them which I LOVE.

Plus they have kept many of the things I liked before: work at your own pace from wherever you want, the knowledge-base, and writer support is great.

I would definitely recommend this job to anyone looking to make extra money in their downtime while helping people improve their resumes!
Excellent opportunity to earn extra income while working from home
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Talent Inc. provides me with an excellent opportunity to earn income while working from home at my own pace. The company culture seems to be laid back but very much in tune with the needs of clients and employees. I believe my degree in English and previous employment background in human resources have prepared me well for this position, and the feedback I receive generally supports this supposition. The best part of the job is the flexibility it offers. It fits my schedule and skill set perfectly.
Talent Inc - Writer Review
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Talent Inc - A great place to work.

Best parts: Work at your own pace at home Choose the fields you want to write for.

Hardest parts: Very high standards - good for developing writing style. Be prepared to do your own research into current business procedures, technical details, and marketing the customer.

Benefits: Like studying an advanced literature course at college and getting paid to do it!
Good opportunity
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Great (legitimate) work from home company! The work is fairly easy but the pay doesn't seem fair compared to what they are charging clients. Regardless, I enjoy working for the company.
Flexible, you get what you give!
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Very flexible. Paid weekly for completed work. Mostly independent and autonomous work on your schedule that you set yourself. Support is helpful when needed. Customers can sometimes be difficult with providing unspecified feedback. Wish they offered to withhold taxes so I wouldn’t have to worry about doing that on my own. Otherwise, can make as much or as little as you want based on what you put into it. I do this as a side hustle on top of my full time job.
Flexible and perfect remote writing opportunity - 10 resumes = $500 min (not including bonuses)
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
A great flexible opportunity for professionals or freelance writers searching additional income while working fulltime job, taking care of a family member, or just in between projects / careers. You set the schedule and don't have to worry about collecting customer payments. Great writing skills, Laptop, Internet, - you're in business to start making some extra income.
Flexible Work With Reasonable Pay
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Working for Talent Inc. is unlike any experience I've had before. Its flexible. It allows me to manage my daily life and responsibilities as a father and husband without the typical work day stresses. There is no commute with this work being remote and at my fingertips at all times. I can pick up or reject assignments as needed. And the staff is fully supportive of their writers. This has been the most enjoyable work experience I've ever had.
Writing Resumes at Talent Inc.
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Working as a writer at Talent Inc. is not meant as full-time employment. The compensation is very low. However, it is a good opportunity to hone your skills as a resume writer.
Talent
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
I’ve worked with Talent for three years and I have a good relationship with them. The pay could be more and I think writers need to be trained or vetted because some of the reassignments I get are horrendous. Once I figured out everything, I got really efficient and things are fairly easy
Pretty good.
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
You can't beat the work life balance. You only take on the orders that you accept so you can't really be overburdened. It can sometimes be very difficult and other times very easy. I'm not currently making as much money as i would like but i thik if i stick with it my income will probably double once I get more familiar with different industries.
Writer
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
The visibility into orders has greatly improved which provides writers to select clients that align to their strengths. This will also help you turn orders really quickly. Payment is still very low compared to the industry - ZipJob pays substantially more and also deposits money on your account as soon as you accept the order.

As a writer, the resume templates are not ATS friendly. 99% have content boxes throughout which disappear during the ATS scan. The department needs to either redevelop those templates or allow us to utilize templates we created and are better suited to our clients.
Not bad for extra income...
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Depends on the day. Some clients are grateful. Others are impossible to please even when you take their awful looking resume and turn it into something very professional.

Management - haven't really had to deal with them. Unless Order Support is considered management. If that's the case, then I'd say that can go either way also. Been waiting 72 hours now for Order Support to help me with a difficult client. Haven't heard anything back from them. I'll probably lose this project over it. Not happy with Order Support at the moment.

Culture - well, you work at home, so that's always good.

Hardest part of the job - pleasing customers that think they know everything, but yet had to come to a resume writing company. It's like, you came here for help - but you're questioning every change I've made. Frustrating. Also, when the client says they are happy with your work, but they don't "complete" the order, so you have to wait several more days until the project is "eligible" for completion, dragging out your pay. That is also frustrating. I feel I could take on more projects if clients would go ahead and "complete" the order themselves when they are satisfied. Us writers don't have the ability to do that.

Best part of the job - working at home, on your own schedule (for the most part - you do have to adhere to timelines).
Overview
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
It's a great place to work if you need a flexible schedule and projects on demand. The online training is exceptional. The rate of pay is low per project, but they are endeavoring to incentivize it and up front about their rates.
Meh
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
The actual writing is pretty straightforward, but the customers are abusive and the pay too low. Management seems friendly enough, but I don't feel the stress of each order is worth the dismal compensation.
Great company, not so good pay!
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
I like working for Talent Inc., but I am concerned that writers are not being paid what they are worth. Top Resume offers a resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn package for $350, yet we are only paid $45 to complete that package. I have discussed this with other writers and many of us feel as though a higher wage would be more of an incentive to pick up more projects and improve the quality of the work we do. While I do appreciate the incentives that are sometimes offered to the writers, I believe a higher wage would might cut down on the need to provide those incentives.
Good for extra income
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
It's a good place for additional income. You can tailor your schedule/workload and work on writing assignments when you have time, but you don't get as large a percentage of the cost.
A rewarding experience
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
The flexibility and financial freedom that I have access to through writing for Talent Inc. have changed my life for the better.
This experience has made me aware of the importance of managing my time efficiently, and having the self-discipline to meet deadlines.
Freelance CV Writer
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
I love that I can set my own hours and targets. And its very satisfying when I get a good review from a client. The downside is when a client is when a client is not happy especially when you have worked hard on their documents. Management seem good, they are always supportive and open to new ways to improve their processes.
Good experience if you like to work remotely.
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Good experience working remotely and working with different types of people from various backgrounds. It's a nice way to make extra money as well. You just need to balance your projects and have good time management skills.
Flexible with fantastic support
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Great gig for experienced writers. Loads of support and no shortage of available projects. Work as much as you like, fair pay, and excellent order management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talent Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.