Talkiatry

Working at Talkiatry: 24 Reviews

United States24 reviews

environmentgreatworkplacegoodcompanytalkiatrypatient

Great company

Talkiatry is a great company to work for with supportive staff and leadership. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Only downside is that you cannot work for another telehealth company while with this company. If you want to make extra income it’s virtually impossible to meet the productivity they ask, and you can’t work elsewhere (that was in the employment contract). Salary was decent but they don’t acknowledge/pay for the years of experience. Otherwise great benefits, great people and very organized! I was sad to leave them but needed more salary. I would have stayed if it wasn’t for that.

High expectations, low pay

Talkiatry is a startup mental health company that has lots of potential but little to show for it on the non-clinical staff side. Communication between work pods, providers and even information told to patients will not be consistent and will make tense situations (that you will be in the middle of) arise. This is to be expected as Talkiatry higher ups create “constant changes” that they don’t include staff input in, so issues will also constantly evolve rather than getting resolved.Concerning compensation, you will be paid 18 dollars an hour - despite your role (even if they change it) or qualifications for fully remote work. With the amount of work you’re responsible for, this is outrageous. If you express concerns regarding this, be prepared to be disregarded. Won’t get paid fairly for your hard work, but do expect Talkiatry Swag - hope you feel recognized by dad hats and hand sanitizer!In other words, this is a good job for stagnancy, resume filler or just for the money.

Talkiatry insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Worst Company

Talkiatry was the worst company I worked for. They had great health benefits but you had to work to earn your PTO days when you start. Management was horrible and never answered when you had a question. Working from home was great.

Pros

Work from home, Good benefits

Cons

Bad Management, No communication, Meetings all the time, Always want to switch teams, no job security.

Fast-growing Start up in a Critical Field

I love everything I'm learning at Talkiatry. It's extremely fast-paced (which can be overwhelming) but every week is different and it's exciting to see something scale so quickly.

Excellent growth - fantastic benefits

Great place to work and feel valued. Extremely fast paced that it can not be for everyone, but worth it, so rewarding. There company description in their job postings says "face growing rocketship", is a perfect description.

Pros

Flexibility with life and endless growth opportunities

Cons

The face pace and extreme expansion can be overwhelming

Supportive and dynamic work environment

This place is like heaven for clinicians tortured by the nonprofit sector where productivity is more important than quality of service delivered. Awesome place to work!!!

Great Flexibility, Young immature leadership

Company has a good business model with deep investment pockets from a perfect pandemic product. Young leadership shows their immaturity and lack of experience with poor decision making, caring more about how they look to the public with disparity in how they treat and pay staff. Open office yielded lack of confidentiality when necessary. Flexibility to work from home helped.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Distrustful culture

Good Psychiatrists

Primary goal is hiring psychiatrists, booking their schedules, and making sure its billed either through insurance or through collections; not quality of care or patient satisfaction. You can look at their google reviews. Management seems to only care about their salaries, their Stock units, and their image. Most of the Psychiatrists are good, but non-clinical Management impedes their performance with heavy personal politics from proven nepotism, encouraged infighting, and questionable business practices. They do hire some great people, but feel sorry for them as they are tricked into a false front where management doesn't understand their own environment nor can execute any strategic plan other than hiring psychiatrists. Ethics are questionable. Salaries are very top heavy. Work-life is unbalanced. "Too many Chiefs" make for a very toxic, egotistical, and narcissistic working environment. Working remotely is great, but many take advantage of it and aren't 'available' when they should be. They do have a decent business model, but need better leadership to make it profitable.

Pros

They know how to spend money. Salaries are high for Execs and Doctors. Working Remotely is great, but can hinder progress.

Cons

Heavy Nepotism, Inexperienced leadership, Toxic culture, work-life unbalanced

Great place to work!

Great place to work, very modern approach to their healthcare module. Everyone is kind and affable. Lots of support and family type environment to work at.

Inexperienced Leadership, Top heavy Management, but good Psychiatrists

Very inexperienced Leadership with focus seems more on Stock price and image than Quality of Care. Overspend on salaries at the C Suite, with little to no strategic planning. Very eager to spend money and expand business, but challenged to deliver any business value outside of hiring more providers for seeing patients via televisits. Psychiatrists tend to be young, but good. I was saddened by what and how management operates. I agree the executive team is killing the company with personal politics, encouraged infighting, extreme nepotism, questionable business practices, and questionable ethics. A very toxic, egotistical, and narcissistic working environment.

Pros

They have a lot of money invested in them, and know how to spend it

Cons

Very toxic environment; waste of startup money, inexperienced leadership.

Stability of Community Mental Health And The Flexibility of a Private Practice

Talkiatry targets weaknesses in mental healthcare and builds upon them. By selectively hiring qualified, passionate mental health providers, and credentialing them with most major insurance panels, Talkiatry provides access to care for those who need it most. With a shared goal of preventative treatment and maintenance, patients are more easily able to treat their mental health and decrease the probability of associated hospitalizations. At Talkiatry, patients will have access to board certified psychiatric medical professionals and licensed therapists. As a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, I have worked as a therapist for nearly six years. Starting my career in a hospital and it's outpatient clinic, I gained robust experience in inpatient and ambulatory care settings. Challenging opportunities ultimately provide occupational and clinical growth, with stability. However, as my career progressed, I dipped my toes into contract work. Private practice settings traditional provide less of a sense of stability, and more of sense of autonomy. With that being said, Talkiatry has discovered a method of creating a harmonious middle ground. Nearly 9 months into my employment, I find that Talkiatry provides me with the stability of a hospital care setting and the longevity associated with same. As well as the autonomy of a private practice, with ample opportunities for supervision and case consultation. In my experience, I believe that Talkiatry treats their patients with respect and dignity. While providing their employees with the tools to do their job and access to a stable life. -

Excellent company on the rise

Fast paced, challenging work, excellent support staff. Private practice clientele. Generally nice vibe throughout. Good things happening at this practice and in this company.

Great work environment

Great work environment. Flexible schedule and good employee benefits package. Productive teamwork. Manageable workflow. Growth opportunities. Management makes sure you are given the tools to succeed.

Talkiatry

Working at Talkiatry as a staff psychiatrist has been a great experience. The team is supportive and I have the flexibility to make my schedule my own. Compensation is generous.

Great place to work!

Management is very supportive and appreciative. The staff is polite and always willing to help each other. Definitely a good work place environment. Great work-life balance. The work is satisfying and not to stressful. Management is always thinking on what can improve, which is very proactive. Company is growing fast and it is very exciting to be apart of it all. I have really enjoyed my time working for Talkiatry so far and I couldn’t be happier!

Amazing Company on all levels! Top Quality Mental Healthcare + Inclusive & Welcoming Culture!

Takiatry leads the pack with top quality mental healthcare services. The company culture is inclusive and welcoming, creating a family-like work environment. The psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, support staff, and leaders are all extremely passionate about the organizational mission while caring for patients in the most professional and empathetic manner. It gives me a great sense of fulfillment knowing that the work I do contributes to improving the lives of others!

Licensed Clinical Social Worker

Excellent work environment, for providers the caseload is reasonable and you are fully supported in your work. Excellent support staff and communication. Hardest part of the job is getting notes done quickly but the documentation system is easy to understand. Best part of the job is getting to focus on clinical work without the hassle!

Fast paced environment that values proactiveness

This is a great place to work if you are looking for a fast paced environment that values hard work. You learn something new everyday that leaves you better equipped for the next day. A positive attitude and proactiveness are key to thriving here, and management takes very good care of it’s employees. Since our staff is fairly small, we all know each other well and get along smoothly. One thing to keep in mind is that this isn’t one of those places where you can get away with being lazy. We all work very hard towards providing the best in mental health care. This means working collaboratively and putting in your best effort everyday.

An Amazing Work enviornment

I first came onboard about 6 months ago and since have been delighted to be a part of an amazing team. We've witnessed exponential growth in the last few months and moving forward we will see no shortage of success. There is no 'small roll' in this organization; we work together like a well oiled machine. We realize the importance of each department's responsibilities and do what we can to assist one other. We are encouraged often and always respected. I've worked for major hospitals in which I have felt like nothing more than an employee number on a long, long list. Here at Talkiatry it is the opposite. Every morning we are greeted by the CEO and enjoy friendly conversations with our Chief Psychiatrist & Co-Founder. Not to mention the beautiful newly renovated office located in Manhattan and top of the line technology! If I could give Talkiatry more than 5 stars rating, I would not hesitate. This is truly an amazing place to work.

Breath of Fresh Air...

Talkiatry brings a balance of professionalism and standards while still doing it with a human heart. I feel that I am working for a company that tries to have my best interest while still keeping the companies standards and integrity. We spend most of our day at work, so it's great to be at a place where a toxic environment doesn't exist.

Great workplace for outpatient psychiatrists

Talkiatry has been an amazing place to work in. It's essentially like having a private practice but all the non-clinical aspects get taken care of for you in a very efficient way. Support staff is amazing, as is the leadership team. Patients are prescreened, billing/insurance info is all taken care of and your schedule gets filled up in a matter of weeks - in large part because we take most major insurances, which is pretty unique for psychiatrists in NYC. Initial evals are 1 hr, you have the autonomy to decide how long your follow up sessions are, and to refer out patients that you don't feel are appropriate for you/the practice. The company is organized, efficient and an overall pleasure to work in. Compensation is excellent. Very responsive leadership team. Highly recommend!

Common questions about Talkiatry

Answered by current and former employees at Talkiatry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talkiatry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Talkiatry with

Talkiatry Reviews by Location

Learn about Talkiatry in popular locations

Talkiatry reviews by popular job title

• Talkiatry