Talking Rain Beverage Company Employee Reviews

They say one thing and do another.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAJanuary 29, 2019
I was a temp looking for a good company to work for. I was pretty happy when I first started as a forklift operator. I had been a forklift operator for over 30 years and always very good at what I do. I was told by many that I was a better driver than most of the permanent drivers.

I asked the production manager approximately how long i would I be working there?. (I had been there 1 month). He told me at least 6 months and by then I would be permanent employee. They fired all of the temps the next week due to logistics changes. They had to have known that when I asked.To this day that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth over the way i was treated or misled. The fact my skills and experience meant nothing to them. I would never recommend working their to anyone.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low pay and terrible mngmt
Great Culture
Market Manager South Texas (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
This was a great company to work for. Great sales leadership and management style. The company culture was great and we had freedom to run our business on our own.
Leadership was about goals
MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Preston, WASeptember 29, 2018
Great training, not a lot of room for advancement within. If you do not meet your goal you will be concerned about losing your job. Be prepared for conference calls at the drop of a hat.
Remote Employee
Field Marketing Manager and Event Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAJuly 13, 2018
I Didn't realize how great their benefits were until after i left. As a remote employee, i felt super isolated and didn't get to enjoy the company culture, but they brought us in for the annual conference and it was great.

Great company to work for!
Innovation is key to winning
Key Acct Manager (Former Employee) –  SoutheastJuly 9, 2018
When a private label brand innovates more flavors than you, who do you think is going to win?

Need to take less time of figuring out what everyone else is doing and come up with their own....I told you sparkling bev alc is the way to go!!
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
A lot
Fun and Challenging Days
Refreshment Specialist/ Campus Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 4, 2018
Working with Talking Rain was a good learning experience. It was a lot of field work to promote the companies brand of drinks and it was definitely exciting to go to different events and areas of the Bay Area to ensure an increase of sales. I had changed positions from Refreshment Specialist to Campus Brand Ambassador in a couple months and it definitely helped me increase the skill to communicate with people and break out of my shell.
Pros
Free drinks, cool coworkers
Cons
Lots of heavy lifting and walking
Be very wary! Run!
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2018
Weak leadership, very political and it's about being popular not the work you do. Advancement only happens if you are doing and saying all the right things. Don't be a free thinker with solid ideas as they'll just get lost. Free drinks don't make up the poor culture or the below market pay. HR is a disaster.
End of the day, RUN!
Pros
Lots of free drinks
Cons
to many to list
Very Challenging work environment
Vice President of Marketing/Head of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2018
TR was a very challenging work environment with lots of challenges. TR was a good company with good brands and good people. But it had a lot of leadership and people and organizational issues also.
Fun place to work
Manager, Category Planning & Marketing Insights (Current Employee) –  Preston, WAAugust 28, 2017
Casual environment, great people, exciting business, great culture, supportive managers & HR, encouragement to speak your mind and stand up for what you think is right
productive and fun
Brand Ambassador/Promotional Model (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
Great company to work for. Travel benefits fun and exciting events to work. Meeting all types of people. I recommend anyone to apply and work for this company.
company on fast track
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAJune 8, 2017
company started out very small then went nation wide real fast. there office personal grew so fast they started to overlook the people who worked in the bottling plant.
Unskilled Managers
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAApril 10, 2017
TalkingRain tends to hire manages that are underqualified and bring no value to the position they manage. Good, skill individuals leave because of poor managers.
Cons
Week Salary Compensation
Fun place to work with great people
R&D AND DEMAND PLANNING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAMarch 7, 2017
A great work environment, fast paced and friendly environment with good management. Good compensation and retirement program, a fun place to work overall.
Great company
Temporary placement (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Talking Rain is a good company, they take care of their employees.They provide beverages and snacks and lots of fun activities. Parking is not an issue. The bosses are friendly and easy to talk to.
Great people, benefits and company growth
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAFebruary 4, 2017
Talking Rain taught me personal growth and working with a great team.

I started cross training from the bottom up and getting certified on all packaging and production machines. As I moved up the ranks I was promoted to Lead Trainer.

My fellow co worker who was a Production Lead was a great asset to me. I learned great deal from him and valued his expertise.

The best part of the job was working on the machinery, repair and maintenance. I also enjoyed training other people.

The hardest challenge of the job would be when we were short on people and the machinery had broken down at the same time. We would work hard as a team to keep the crew busy and repair the machinery to get the lines up and running efficiently.

My Supervisor always gave me great feedback that was constructive for my growth in the company.

When the main Supervisor was out, I would be asked to fill in and take part of the responsibilities.
Pros
Company picnics and achievement bonuses
Cons
Given work shcedule changes on very short notice
Productive Work Environment
Research and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Preston, WANovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Talking Rain a lot. They have a productive atmosphere while not being abrasive about it. If you want to have fun and get a lot of work done this might be the place for you.
Pros
Productive and laid back
Cons
Not necessarily for an 'artsy' person
A company that is growing very fast with lots of room for advancment.
Sales Representative, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAJuly 26, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Talking Rain Beverage Company. While working there I was very happy with the skills i was learning directly in the marketplace. Also directly with the products and dealing with my accounts on a daily basis. I really learned vital skills in time management, project management, and using online business tools. I feel I benefitted a lot from my experiences in dealing directly with the grocery stores management staff. Basically finding new ways to get my companies product more noticed and more exposure in the stores. By getting the store managers to allow me to install P.O.S. displays or just expand the amount of product facings we were permitted to have in each location.
Pros
Free Lunches, 401K, driving compensation, ipad and cell phone
Cons
I wasnt paid well enough for my duties
Great corporate culture
Louisiana Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Preston, WAMay 6, 2013
TR is a wonderful company that offers great pay and benefits. It is a small company with large distribution footprint and great products. Days were long and hectic but not without reward. Management at the time was in transition, but I was surrounded by a very talented group of people. The hardest part of the job was being away from home so often. I enjoyed what I was selling and whom I was selling for, made life easier.
Pros
expenses covered no questions asked, when results were produced
Cons
Lots of travel
Opportunity
Director, Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Preston, WAMarch 6, 2013
Fast growing company with plenty of opportunity to build on processes & systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talking Rain Beverage Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Talking Rain Beverage Company Reviews by Location