Talkspace

Talkspace Employee Reviews

United States124 reviews

therapistplatformtherapyclientresponsereplycaseloadsession

Fair place

They offer low pay, huge focus on messaging only sessions which isn't therapy and should not be considered a primary means of engaging with your therapist.

Absolutely HORRIBLE.

Zero training, zero management, zero oversight. If you have any issues with the platform, forget emailing support, because they'll never get back to you. You are expendable to this company. I have yet to be paid for services rendered. You are expected to chat with your clients throughout the day, on top of the live sessions you engage in. I can't emphasize how insanely unprofessional and poorly structured this company is, and the fact that they're still robbing people blind is baffling to me.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Poor management, zero training, no accountability or oversight

Talkspace insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexibility of setting your own schedule. Work from home.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing. All the stress is taken from you. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Interactive online get togethers. Helpful assistance, peer consulting. You can be as active as you would like. Working from home is great. But you don’t feel alone because of all the support.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Up to check any overnight communication and then see clients that are scheduled. Basically you can start and finish on your own schedule.

Professional and Flexible

I enjoy the flexibility of this job and the ability to manage my caseload with minimal difficulty. If I need additional clients, they’re quickly assigned. Staff is supportive and responsive, when needed.

What is the best part of working at the company?Talkspace is a sweatshop for therapists. They work their therapists to death and only think about the bottom line.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The caseloads for a full time employee are 80 - 100 clients. A lot opt for text based therapy -- while innovative text therapy does not often translate into true psychotherapy. Clinicians can miss symptoms that clients aren't reporting because you are not seeing them face to face.

So many issues with the messaaging

Several clients had unlimited messaging plans but no option to open a messaging session with me, which means I could not count the messaging toward what I was getting paid. I felt obligated to message these clients and was doing it for free. No tech support. Sent several requests for help in to the Talkspace support team and it was never resolved

Absolutely no support which adversely affects clients and means I don't get paid

There are many platform issues and confusion about insurance plans that arise. You send a question to tech or therapist support and weeks later you receive no response--which adversely affects the clients. It also means that I can't submit progress notes to get paid for the work I've done with clients.

No concern for employees.

Talkspace was a great place to work at first, however, with a new CEO they now only care about money, not about their employees or clients. They have been applying outrageous changes to their expectations for therapists with no warning and have been extremely dismissive when employees vocalize concerns. There is a culture of toxic positivity within the leadership that does not allow therapists to speak up for our own well-being.

Moving in a negative direction

TalkSpace is moving to a corporate/community mental health and profit-driven model. There is a big disconnect between executive leadership and therapists.

Ability to work from home, exceptional number of paid holidays

The corporate culture mindset never works in healthcare! What started out as a wonderful, positive, exciting opportunity to provide quality care to clients while working from home soon became all about the bottom line for the company in the form of "billable hours" raised from 20 contacts a week to 30. I did not originally sign up for that, and the constant pressure to reach/maintain 30 client hours a week is a recipe for burnout.

Pros

Exceptional number of paid holidays

Cons

All about money not quality care, leadership's poor communication with staff

No support

My clients were transitioned to new therapist without any conversation with me. No response when I contacted management about the issue. The company ignores your emails when you ask for an explanation. There is no phone number to reach a live person for support.

The positive does not outweigh the negative!

When I started it was a great place. Now it feels like it is community services and profit driven.working there. Pros -Set my schedule Completely remoteDirect supervisors are amazingPTO is very generousCons -Caseload expectationsPlatform issuesPay

Pros

flexibility, benefits

Cons

stress levels, case load, expected productivity

Had great potential

This company had great potential with really great management. They had decent pay and good benefits. Then it all changed. They laid off 50% of their W2 workforce due to not being profitable.

Productive and Warm Environment

I love the welcoming and productive culture Talkspace offers! Its mission is supported by a diverse group of employees that love what they do, creating an inclusive and uplifting workplace environment.

Pros

Amazing culture, working remotely, working to make a healthier future

The best work culture you will find! Amazing company, product and people!

I've never found a culture that supports its employees like Talkspace. As a tech company within Healthcare and an industry leader within Therapy, Talkspace is under a high level of scrutiny. However, through each growing pain the product, teams, infrastructure and overall company has always leveled up and put its employees/ users first. As a Talkspacer, it's amazing to see the future impact our application is going to have. Its been a rewarding expirience to grow along side a company that welcomes you to be your best self all while giving you the tools/resources to be innovative and challenge the status quo. #TherapyforEveryone!

Corporate start-up culture instead of clinical ethics

Feedback is completely non existent unless they reach out with a complaint. This is not an online clinic of any kind it's a Silicon Valley startup that's been in constant upheaval and scandal since it's founding. It's a clearinghouse for clients where counselors exist in a limbo between employee and contractor and the pay is a joke

Amazing Company

Talkspace is an amazing company to work for with top notch benefits. The people are supportive and lovely to collaborate with. They offer continuing education, supportive consultation, room to grow and monthly wellness benefits. I highly recommend working at Talkspace!

Pros

Amazing benefits

Terrible managment not paid last month of work

Did not get paid for last month still waiting for my last paycheck after being terminated with no regards or feedback from me or the clients. Terrible management.

Pros

great clients

Cons

terrible management

Too much focus on how much we correspond with clients rather than truly helping clients.

Lack the of compensation given the work we do as therapists. Too much emphasis on word count and replies whether or not it is helpful to the client or not.

Dysfunction with the platform and provider support lacks.

Recently, yes, TS pay was increased by 20%.I have a caseload of (5) clients.This is part time work for me.I am simply aghast at times with how poor the platform is- constant problems.Further, when i request a consult or need a question answered it takes days.I can't believe how bad it is.I've been with them for (6) months.i am going to try another platform and leave TS.

Big Pros, Big Cons

I've worked in a variety of settings as a Psych NP, and this company has an interesting setup and has a lofty goal. They succeed only partially, and there are significant barriers to the success of their mission that they seem unable to work through, especially since they became publicly traded. Positives: - Flexible work schedule - you set your hours- Better pay than *some* companies- No controlled substances- Clients are all 18+- They will reimburse you for licensure in other states if they need a prescriber there- Meeting clients where they are, supporting people who might have trouble accessing mental health help otherwiseNeutral:- You're a 1099 employee (no benefits)- EMR that's pretty different than others- Pay is only 1x/month, not biweeklyNegatives:- Lack of collaboration with therapist your client sees (even on Talkspace itself)- Their support is often horribly understaffed, and lacks any ability to help with the many technical issues I've had on the platform in the >1 year I've been with them- Compared to what you *could* earn in outpatient psych, the pay is low- No screening of patients (you could have a floridly psychotic client abusing alcohol or attempting SI during your session and there is no screening to manage this, prevent this, and the associated liability)- There is no way to order labs at all- If someone requests records - you have to figure out a way to get them to your patient, there is no assistance with this- I have personally had to help clients with the mess that is their patient support system (without pay)- They have many -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talkspace. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Talkspace with

Learn about Talkspace in popular locations

• Talkspace