Talkspace Employee Reviews

Complicated and no results
Counselor (Current Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 16, 2018
I spent hours going through the orientation which was very complicated with video's and audio and lots of written explanations.

I finally finished and have been waiting over 30 days for my first client - not even a bite. The pay is really low as well. For an EAP client it is $20/ for 50 minutes BEFORE taxes. AVOID
Pros
can do from home in spare time
Cons
terrible pay, complicated orientation that takes a long time
great for supplemental income
Licensed Therapist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 3, 2018
great culture, supportive environment, good tech support, easy to access from anywhere...There are a lot of benefits to the organizational structure they implement, everyone has a supervision channel to seek support, co-workers are easily access, experts are available for consultation.
Great opportunity to grow!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  HawaiiMay 3, 2018
Love the clinical support on TS! It's a great way to be productive with my little bit of down time and make some extra cash. Support is great, but pay could be better.
not worth my time
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2018
The orientation and training process was ridiculously long. I was constantly asked to do things and complete paperwork I had already done. what a waste of time
Difficult to build a caseload as a therapist
Therapist (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 17, 2018
I have really enjoyed getting to learn more about delivering therapy in an online environment, and for that I am grateful to TalkSpace! I don't think they pay their therapists enough, especially for EAP clients ($20 per 50 minute session, before taxes). And I have found it very difficult to build a case load. I plan to branch out on my own after I gain enough experience on this platform. I will say it is a very convenient way to do a side hustle from the comfort of your own home.
Pros
good experience, they handle all payment for the contractor
Cons
low pay, difficult to get clients
very smart, team focused co-workers
VP (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 13, 2017
Talkspace "walks the walk" and puts employees first. Your voice counts. This is a place to learn, grow and contribute! Value as a person is just as important as value as a professional.....
Pros
lunch on site several days per week, regular company meetings to stay informed, access to leadership
Great resource for my clients
Therapist (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 5, 2017
I love having the Talkspace app as a resource for my clients. It allows me to spend more quality time with my clients and be up to date with technology. They love having the option to text, audio or video chat me whenever they need to. Talkspace is a great help and super user friendly.
Pros
Flexibility
Huge Network, Great Flexibility
Therapist (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 5, 2017
Outside of the obvious flexibility benefits, it's been hugely beneficial to be connected to so many peers (2,000+) whom I can collaborate with! Really enjoy Talkspace and would recommend highly!
Pros
Make your own schedule, personal growth, client referrals
Amazing place to work
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
I love working at Talkspace --the mission of the company is something I truly believe in, and the management wants both the company and the people in the company to grow and succeed
great work and environment, not enough advancement and pay
Full-Time Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
I have generally loved working at Talkspace. The environment is wonderful, and the management is understanding about health issues and the like. People respect your need for a good work/life balance. The company has been a great place to learn and grow as a person.

The only downsides are that you might not get paid what you are worth or be able to advance sufficiently. These caveats are typical of startups, but I think the company could do more to compensate people and offer internal career paths.

Most of the people on my team, including myself, have had a bad experience with our manager. People seem to get along with most of the other executives, though.
Excellent network of professionals who are passionate about improving access to mental health
Therapist (Current Employee) –  KansasDecember 4, 2017
Amazing opportunity to be apart of the movement in accessing mental health. Extremely supportive leaders and genius engineers. Provides a highly flexible environment and the ability to creative your own schedule and availability! Two huge factors/barriers when living in the Midwest and raising a family.
A great place to work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
I feel a lot of freedom to do my work and have lots of smart people to collaborate with. My ideas are valued and I feel good about the mission we are working towards.
Pros
Free lunches, good work environment
Cons
Office could use an upgrade
A job with meaning
Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
Talkspace has been an unexpected opportunity for me to work at a company where there was a true sense of mission and of working on something bigger than myself. And the free lunches are great, too!
Talkspace Rocks!
Consultation Therapist and Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 4, 2017
At Talkspace you have the opportunity to have flexibility. You get to provide quality therapy services for clients while also being able to balance and manage your own schedule!
Stay Away
LPC (Former Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 24, 2017
The orientation and training process was ridiculously long. Management was very vague and robotic, which came across as unethical. Seemed more like some type of commissioned sales.
Pros
flexibility, work from home
Cons
everything else
This is an innovative company!
Online Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tennessee and ConnecticutNovember 14, 2017
I love working for Talkspace and the innovations of providing therapy via telehealth services. It is a messaging platform with the addition of video in order to provide therapy services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talkspace. Our community is ready to answer.

Talkspace Reviews by Location