Talkspace

Talkspace Employee Reviews for Therapist

Therapist84 reviews
United States84 reviews

therapistplatformtherapyclientresponsereplycaseloadsession

So many issues with the messaaging

Several clients had unlimited messaging plans but no option to open a messaging session with me, which means I could not count the messaging toward what I was getting paid. I felt obligated to message these clients and was doing it for free. No tech support. Sent several requests for help in to the Talkspace support team and it was never resolved

Professional and Flexible

I enjoy the flexibility of this job and the ability to manage my caseload with minimal difficulty. If I need additional clients, they’re quickly assigned. Staff is supportive and responsive, when needed.

Talkspace insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Absolutely no support which adversely affects clients and means I don't get paid

There are many platform issues and confusion about insurance plans that arise. You send a question to tech or therapist support and weeks later you receive no response--which adversely affects the clients. It also means that I can't submit progress notes to get paid for the work I've done with clients.

Moving in a negative direction

TalkSpace is moving to a corporate/community mental health and profit-driven model. There is a big disconnect between executive leadership and therapists.

No support

My clients were transitioned to new therapist without any conversation with me. No response when I contacted management about the issue. The company ignores your emails when you ask for an explanation. There is no phone number to reach a live person for support.

Corporate start-up culture instead of clinical ethics

Feedback is completely non existent unless they reach out with a complaint. This is not an online clinic of any kind it's a Silicon Valley startup that's been in constant upheaval and scandal since it's founding. It's a clearinghouse for clients where counselors exist in a limbo between employee and contractor and the pay is a joke

Terrible managment not paid last month of work

Did not get paid for last month still waiting for my last paycheck after being terminated with no regards or feedback from me or the clients. Terrible management.

Pros

great clients

Cons

terrible management

Too much focus on how much we correspond with clients rather than truly helping clients.

Lack the of compensation given the work we do as therapists. Too much emphasis on word count and replies whether or not it is helpful to the client or not.

Dysfunction with the platform and provider support lacks.

Recently, yes, TS pay was increased by 20%.I have a caseload of (5) clients.This is part time work for me.I am simply aghast at times with how poor the platform is- constant problems.Further, when i request a consult or need a question answered it takes days.I can't believe how bad it is.I've been with them for (6) months.i am going to try another platform and leave TS.

Short tenure due to low pay and support

After 2-3 weeks of working as a therapist, with messaging and video orientation sessions the monthly pay was $16.10. Poor platform and support. Do not recommend.

Would not recommend

Talkspace is constantly changing and not for the better. The pay is absolutely terrible and nobody wants to fix that and assumes everyState should make the same despite cost of living rate.

The platform is not user friendly, a lot of technical difficulties, low pay, difficulty engaging clients

The platform is not user-friendly, a lot of technical difficulties when doing video sessions. They recently increased the pay by 20% which is better. I find that the clients are not as engaged as other platforms that I work for, likely due to the website not being as user-friendly. There is no way to connect with other providers for this company. A lot of clients only get one 30 min session a month. You need a lot of clients to make a decent salary

Pros

slightly higher pay than their competitor

Cons

not a user-friendly website, many technical difficulties, no support, no transparency, difficulty engaging clients

TalkSpace is a Space-case

My experience, little to zero support using their platform, asking way too much from providers compared to their pay rate, their platform is difficult and very time consuming, which makes treating the type of clients even more difficult. I messaged support services 3 different times and all I received was an automated message 3 different times, no follow-up or follow through.

Burn Out

The platform is setup to reward those clients who may have personality disorders and a sense of entitlement and have difficulty with not getting instant gratification and sets the therapist to get easily burned out with poor compensation For the amount of time spent one each client

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Poor pay, ethical issues

Unfair pay structure

You are better off just doing private practice virtual sessions on you own. They take the majority of what the clients pay and pocket it. If you don't meet arbitrary engagement requirements yoi get paid next to nothing. However clients still pay the same amounts. Sometimes they can ask for a small discount if you don't meet the response times when they are engaged. However you get penalized for clients that choose not to engage and just pop on when they want to talk. They literally pay you by word count chats. And like 20 bucks for live sessions. When there are platform glitches that affect you ability to provide a live session that was schedule, they don't provide assistance or alternatives in real time. You have to fumble and figure out something on your own with a upset client and even then you might not get paid if the system charges the client for the glitcjed session and then you provide a free session to make up for it. They will say you weren't supposed to provide the free session even though the client would have been charge 2x if you had done otherwise... I wasted more money in the last year providing services on this platform than making anything.

Pros

Great resource library

Cons

Pay structure sucks

Horrible pay

Horrible pay! Very little support. Clients can rate you negatively if you are not a good match even after one meeting. The expectation to always reply in a timely matter is ridiculous, you are literally working for free and more than what you need to. I think the rating system is unfair.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Pay and an unfair rating system.

Little to no pay for your work

The company seems driven by profit, not by client care. The pay scale has been adjusted several times while I have been employed and each time it was to reduce therapist pay. they are not transparent about the pay and there is a culture of retribution for speaking out. There was suspicion that management was joining a therapists facebook group to report back what was reported. When I began with TS there was a slack channel that therapists could communicate with each other but when the pay changes began the slack channel was ended. I suspect that it was a deliberate move to prevent therapists from communicating and banding together to speak out. It is sad to know that this is supposedly run by therapists yet they treat therapists so badly. When I made the choice to leave I was not alone, there was a large exodus of therapists who decided they would rather not work than work for nearly free. The way that they treat therapists is toxic.

Pros

Some flexibility

Cons

Pay

Not a positive place to work

The expectations are unrealistic. The "Reply By" means a therapist is basically on-call for 8-10 hours per day to respond to clients who hit the button up to three times a day. When I averaged out how many hours I was working each day with what I was making, I realized my housekeeper makes more than I do. There is no guidance and despite being assigned a "mentor" there was limited contact and basically no support. I had clients who left lengthy messages (voice or written) several times a day, far exceeding the 45-50 minutes of time spend with a client each week.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

No support, poor pay.

Work your own hours

The biggest pro to being a Talkspace therapist is the ability to set your own hours. The compensation is pretty low compared to having your own private practice, but they do all billing, marketing, advertising, etc. plus you do not have to have anything other than an iPhone and wifi though a desktop or laptop computer helps. Basically they take the sales and business part of being in private practice which makes it all worth it to me-- I can truly focus on my clients' progress. I recommend this as a side hustle but not a full-time gig. Do not pursue this opportunity unless you are tech-savvy and willing to figure out policies and procedures on your own without a lot of quickly accessible help.

Pros

Work your own hours, easily gain clients

Cons

Policies change regularly, pay not amazing

Hard Work, bad pay

require to work long hours. pay is low. but overall the job is okay.would not recommend if you have other alternatives. I would recommend for beginners

Working constantly for low pay

You have deadlines to respond and this keeps you responding even after your set work hours. You will receive clients from outside your state, even if you shouldn’t. It can be a toxic environment for clients since they can message you whenever they want to. You don’t have to respond if you’re not working but this can lead to comments on self harm or worse making it hard and an ethical conundrum to not reply.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Low pay, ethical issues, not a healthy setting for clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talkspace. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Talkspace with

Learn about Talkspace in popular locations

• Talkspace
  • Therapist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?