Talkspace Employee Reviews for Therapist

Not a steady source of income
Therapist (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 31, 2018
I like the company overall. The people are nice and everyone is very helpful. However it is very difficult to get clients unless you are LGBTQ+ or ethnic. This is not anyone's fault and the Talkspace community does what they can to help. But just know this going into it.
Great car payment money :-)
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  MEOctober 6, 2018
Great car payment money :-) I work in a state with a lower population, and have never had more than 10 active clients. It’s stress Free easy extra $600-$1000 a month. Most of my clients have reported improvement through use of TS platform, text is a great way to practice thoughtful reflection and utilize motivational interviewing in a way that is efficient and productive for the client with very little effort from the therapist. (Sometimes I work from the hot tub) If I could have 50 clients this would be my only job :-)
Pros
Work anywhere with WIFI, choose your work schedule, genuinely help people work through MH issues and life circumstances on their time.
Cons
Could pay better
Great way to supplement income and keep clinical chops oiled.
Online Talk Therapist (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 18, 2018
I have been providing online talk therapy at Talkspace for almost 2 years. I have a small practice and have learned how to manage client retention and satisfaction (online has some distinct differences from F2F). I like the flexibility of checking in when I can find the time (as well as the comfort at doing it in my pj's or from my hammock or anywhere, really) and feeling satisfaction that my clients that come with intention to work through the issues that brought them into the app do report great satisfaction. Providing online talk therapy through Talkspace at the moment requires iphones which was a non issue for me as I already had one, but droid users would want to know that.
Pros
Flexibility, professional satisfaction, nice supplemental gig
Cons
compensation structure could be better
great for supplemental income
Licensed Therapist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 3, 2018
great culture, supportive environment, good tech support, easy to access from anywhere...There are a lot of benefits to the organizational structure they implement, everyone has a supervision channel to seek support, co-workers are easily access, experts are available for consultation.
Great opportunity to grow!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  HawaiiMay 3, 2018
Love the clinical support on TS! It's a great way to be productive with my little bit of down time and make some extra cash. Support is great, but pay could be better.
not worth my time
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2018
The orientation and training process was ridiculously long. I was constantly asked to do things and complete paperwork I had already done. what a waste of time
Difficult to build a caseload as a therapist
Therapist (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 17, 2018
I have really enjoyed getting to learn more about delivering therapy in an online environment, and for that I am grateful to TalkSpace! I don't think they pay their therapists enough, especially for EAP clients ($20 per 50 minute session, before taxes). And I have found it very difficult to build a case load. I plan to branch out on my own after I gain enough experience on this platform. I will say it is a very convenient way to do a side hustle from the comfort of your own home.
Pros
good experience, they handle all payment for the contractor
Cons
low pay, difficult to get clients
Great resource for my clients
Therapist (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 5, 2017
I love having the Talkspace app as a resource for my clients. It allows me to spend more quality time with my clients and be up to date with technology. They love having the option to text, audio or video chat me whenever they need to. Talkspace is a great help and super user friendly.
Pros
Flexibility
Huge Network, Great Flexibility
Therapist (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 5, 2017
Outside of the obvious flexibility benefits, it's been hugely beneficial to be connected to so many peers (2,000+) whom I can collaborate with! Really enjoy Talkspace and would recommend highly!
Pros
Make your own schedule, personal growth, client referrals
Excellent network of professionals who are passionate about improving access to mental health
Therapist (Current Employee) –  KansasDecember 4, 2017
Amazing opportunity to be apart of the movement in accessing mental health. Extremely supportive leaders and genius engineers. Provides a highly flexible environment and the ability to creative your own schedule and availability! Two huge factors/barriers when living in the Midwest and raising a family.
Talkspace Rocks!
Consultation Therapist and Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 4, 2017
At Talkspace you have the opportunity to have flexibility. You get to provide quality therapy services for clients while also being able to balance and manage your own schedule!
This is an innovative company!
Online Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tennessee and ConnecticutNovember 14, 2017
I love working for Talkspace and the innovations of providing therapy via telehealth services. It is a messaging platform with the addition of video in order to provide therapy services.