Tall Oaks Assisted Living Employee Reviews

Horrible
Aide Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 6, 2018
I managed to work here for a week. Though I enjoyed the residents, the staff and the conditions for them were horrible.
The dementia unit was a nightmare. You had long term care patients, who didn’t have the appropriate equipment or bathing supplies or areas for them. Meal times were horrible in the morning. You had to rush through them and be able to get over 20 dementia patients on an elavator to head down to the basement. Imagine that. It was chaotic, stressful and unorganized.

In the basement, I will say it was a nice area for them, with activities, but they had a changing room for residents who were incontinent. There were was no lifts to help them on the table, no supplies and no way to sanatize that area.

Tall Oaks will pay you, but the pay isn’t worth the stress, unprofessional staff or dangerous and disgusting conditions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything I mentioned above
Terrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 26, 2018
Poor management from the top, poor workplace, uninterested in listening to employees working in the community on a daily basis, unappreciated, unrealistic expectations
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Worst upper management team and owners Ive ever worked for
Took Ownership of the property
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 21, 2018
Every day and night my job was to set a daily work schedule for all engineering and housekeeping staff to ensure the property was operating at 100%. To make sure all log books were kept up to date and do all monthly inspections.
Pros
I was given the freedom to ensure that the property was repaired and not temporarily fixed.
Great staff
LPN night (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 19, 2018
Love love the staff . There is cameras every where which I love as a security for me as a nurse. It actually served me once when a patient complained about me . The DON
Rolled the tap and found out I was telling the truth. Thank GoD.
Staff are truly great with each other and with clients .
If it’s not for the high traffic returning home in the morning ( work nights). I would never leave.
No loyalty, overworked , underappreciated, nursing dept rule
Staff (Current Employee) –  VA StateJanuary 15, 2018
Horrible place, no care, safety is lacking, revolving door of staff and management . No one is safe there no matter what you do . The pressure to perform is unrealistic
It was ok
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 13, 2016
Its a very wonderful place to work,we all work as a team to get a good outcome.the management really takes good care of their employees which makes it easier to work.The care for the employees too.
Nursing staff runs the building and doesn't care about the residents
annonymous (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 2, 2016
Nursing staff threatens to walk out if anyone is disciplined and regional management won't do anything about it. State is in almost weekly because of the poor care and their license ishanging by a string
Pros
sweet residents
Cons
everything else
Na
Activity Director & Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 22, 2016
FT 40 hours. Activity Director position. Coordinated Services Management. Working with assisted living and dementia residents average age 80.
Residents are wonderful, management not so much
hourly employee (Current Employee) –  Reston VAFebruary 26, 2016
This is the kind of place where you can work your heart out, go above-and-beyond the call of duty, immediate supervisors sign your praises and upper level management never so much as says "good job", but make one mistake, and you get written up - unless you are buddies with the administrator, in which case you can get away with murder (note: administrator has since moved on, can't say what current administrator is like). Case in point: elevators failed, staff had to carry residents in wheelchairs up a flight of stairs from dementia day room... no thanks from Administrator, even though he asked for a list of names of employees who helped!

Every year or so the management company rolls out a new training program on dealing with dementia patients, make everyone take the training, but nobody does follow-up to ensure practices taught in class are actually used.

Only a half hour for lunch, which given the fact that you are only allowed to eat in a miserable little staff room which is on a different floor than the kitchen and the elevators are slow means you may get 15 minutes to actually eat.

Pay rate not competitive for region,.
Great place to work with conscious residents.
Lead Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 9, 2016
This place was a compliment of my nursing career after I dedicated 20 years here. I got hundreds experiences of any kind...good, bad and sad.