Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great Team
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 26, 2018
I enjoy working with the people in my department. Working with the students has been rewarding. There are many opportunities available to grow professionally through professional development and staff support.
Stressful job environment
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed my job there, but there were so many things going on. The working environment is not suitable for someone trying to be their best. There was always something immature going on.
Pros
Working with Students
Cons
Health care sketchy
excellence
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2018
I went to school at Tallahassee Community College and have the experience to teach new nursing students. I enjoy teaching at this school, as an employer TCC is great.
Its ok
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 7, 2018
It's very fast paced and competive i love the job but it's getting repetitive and I'm searching for something better. I recommend this job to a young person
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Part time
Fun, productive workplace.
Mentor for Eagle Connections (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 7, 2018
Management fluctuated. Tasks were easy day-to-day, coworkers got along well. Doing bare minimum will get you along, but going above what's expected will excel you. Opportunities to work in other departments are given.
Pros
Flexible hours
easy college job working at bookstore
Book Salesman (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 7, 2018
Worked as a textbook salesman for the rush before the start of the Spring semester. It was a temp position due to only being needed at the start of classes, but they do pick hard workers that are willing to stay and work year round. The hours are almost always part-time, with it being fast-paced when going back to school and then dead the rest of the year.
Pros
easy/discount on store stuff
Cons
temporary position
Tcc
College Registrar and Director-Adm & Records (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 22, 2018
There really is no typical day at TCC, which is one of the things I love about it! The hardest part of the cultural of TCC is typical of the culture of higher education - things are constantly changing. The mos enjoyable part of the job is the ability to assist students in meeting their educational goals.
Very Poor Management
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 9, 2018
I was hired in Workforce Development at TCC as an administrative assistant and worked there from July to September. Working at TCC was very difficult as my manager very frequently berated and swore at me, and even repeatedly criticized my appearance. I have heard from others that other departments at TCC are a joy to work in, just don't trust workforce development. They had a high turnover rate and the building was disgusting -- infested with roaches.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management, dirty
Tcc
Career Development Specialist, Avon Park DOC (Former Employee) –  Fl. dept of CorrectionsJune 5, 2018
Tallahassee Community College wasn't bad to work for. My position was a grant funded position, which means at anytime it could have been eliminated without warning.
Very good place to work
Curriculum Development and Facilitator, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 24, 2018
I only worked as a part-time, as needed, employee.
I was paid well and given plenty of time to prepare.

My job was part of a community outreach grant program
Work Study Student
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 6, 2018
It was an okay place to work. I mainly did it for the benefit of receiving a little money while going to school. I would recommend it, but the department that I worked for was so busy that I did have to work a little longer or was required to work a little more than students in other departments. I am not complaining because it did benefit me to be able to get a job over the summer as a student working as a teacher aid because the instructors were able to see my work ethics.
great place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 17, 2018
Its a great place to work. You get great vacation time, benefits that are paid 100 percent buy the College, and be able to advance pretty well. It can be hard dealing with students all day but it is rewarding.
Not a bad place to work
Learning Commons Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 5, 2018
TCC has been considered a great place to work in comparison to other major employers in the area. One of the major issues that I encountered was that fact that many areas worked in silos.
productive fun work place awesome options to eat for lunch
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Typical day at TCC is having 8am meting seeing what needs to get done around the school, after go on the computer to check what work orders need to be done. After that pretty much start doing everything that you can get to on that work order and have a lot of it done.
Pros
good lunch options in the cafeteria
Cons
if you work ops hours stink.
Fun, Relaxed and Semi Friendly Environment
Information Technology Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Good workplace to work but the Compensation for your experience and technical capabilities is not as much a good match. Good Benefits, paid Time off around holidays. Can get stressful around beginning of the year. No option for career advancement, Currently working here for 5 years, 2 raises in those years. And no chance at just bumping up to the next Tier or Job for advancement without a interview and many others at the same time.
Pros
Benifits, Time off, Relaxed.
Cons
Lack of advancement, raises. pay.
I was a contractor through TCC
Grant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 24, 2018
The staff of Tallahassee Community College was helpful and very helpful. I liked my job. The staff at the Florida Department of Education were pleasant.
Great Team of Experts to work with
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Wow, I was fortunate to work with some of the best coaches in the world. We collaborated with the men's basketball team, we supported each other in the educational development process of our children. This team work cause Excellence support and outstanding sucess with our children. We were a huge family.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Short time frame
Took Forever to get paid
College Outreach Program (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLJanuary 5, 2018
It was a lot of work, long hours, required lots of commitment on my part to get administrators to fill out and push through the required paperwork to purchase, clear projects and also pay me
Nice Payment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 22, 2017
Really easy way to help pay for tuition. Everyone is really friendly and if there are any problems they're usually dealt with in a timely manner. Would recommend to college students.
Excellent work place
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 6, 2017
One of the best places that I have worked for. This is a very rewarding job place. The coworkers are very helpful and everyone is there to work as a team.