Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Very Poor Management
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 9, 2018
I was hired in Workforce Development at TCC as an administrative assistant and worked there from July to September. Working at TCC was very difficult as my manager very frequently berated and swore at me, and even repeatedly criticized my appearance. I have heard from others that other departments at TCC are a joy to work in, just don't trust workforce development. They had a high turnover rate and the building was disgusting -- infested with roaches.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management, dirty
Tcc
Career Development Specialist, Avon Park DOC (Former Employee) –  Fl. dept of CorrectionsJune 5, 2018
Tallahassee Community College wasn't bad to work for. My position was a grant funded position, which means at anytime it could have been eliminated without warning.
Work Study Student
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 6, 2018
It was an okay place to work. I mainly did it for the benefit of receiving a little money while going to school. I would recommend it, but the department that I worked for was so busy that I did have to work a little longer or was required to work a little more than students in other departments. I am not complaining because it did benefit me to be able to get a job over the summer as a student working as a teacher aid because the instructors were able to see my work ethics.
great place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 17, 2018
Its a great place to work. You get great vacation time, benefits that are paid 100 percent buy the College, and be able to advance pretty well. It can be hard dealing with students all day but it is rewarding.
Not a bad place to work
Learning Commons Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 5, 2018
TCC has been considered a great place to work in comparison to other major employers in the area. One of the major issues that I encountered was that fact that many areas worked in silos.
productive fun work place awesome options to eat for lunch
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Typical day at TCC is having 8am meting seeing what needs to get done around the school, after go on the computer to check what work orders need to be done. After that pretty much start doing everything that you can get to on that work order and have a lot of it done.
Pros
good lunch options in the cafeteria
Cons
if you work ops hours stink.
Fun, Relaxed and Semi Friendly Environment
Information Technology Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Good workplace to work but the Compensation for your experience and technical capabilities is not as much a good match. Good Benefits, paid Time off around holidays. Can get stressful around beginning of the year. No option for career advancement, Currently working here for 5 years, 2 raises in those years. And no chance at just bumping up to the next Tier or Job for advancement without a interview and many others at the same time.
Pros
Benifits, Time off, Relaxed.
Cons
Lack of advancement, raises. pay.
I was a contractor through TCC
Grant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 24, 2018
The staff of Tallahassee Community College was helpful and very helpful. I liked my job. The staff at the Florida Department of Education were pleasant.
Great Team of Experts to work with
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Wow, I was fortunate to work with some of the best coaches in the world. We collaborated with the men's basketball team, we supported each other in the educational development process of our children. This team work cause Excellence support and outstanding sucess with our children. We were a huge family.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Short time frame
Took Forever to get paid
College Outreach Program (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLJanuary 5, 2018
It was a lot of work, long hours, required lots of commitment on my part to get administrators to fill out and push through the required paperwork to purchase, clear projects and also pay me
Nice Payment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 22, 2017
Really easy way to help pay for tuition. Everyone is really friendly and if there are any problems they're usually dealt with in a timely manner. Would recommend to college students.
Excellent work place
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 6, 2017
One of the best places that I have worked for. This is a very rewarding job place. The coworkers are very helpful and everyone is there to work as a team.
Slow-paced work environment.
Human Resources Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 25, 2017
It was fun to work at TCC because I got to know all of the Deans and Vice Presidents pretty quickly while working in Human Resources. I felt like I was part of a family.
TCC Review
Online Training Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 16, 2017
Worked at TCC part-time and enjoyed it. Would recommend working here. If you would like to work in a college or student-oriented setting, you should definitely work here.
It's a great place to work if you dont have dependents
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32308October 6, 2017
I liked TCC overall. I just wouldn't recommend working here if you have dependents that you would need benefits for. They offer 100% health insurance for employees, BUT the entire cost of the dependents care is left to the employee. It would be okay if they salaries offset the costs but $600 for one dependent is steep at the salaries they offer. They also promote tuition reimbursement for employees and free classes on campus but there are major limitations on both and the waitlist is so long for tuition reimbursement that its almost impossible to claim it as a benefit. The culture is great and management seems to really care about their employees but the chain of command is off.
Pros
Good work/life balance. Great culture and management.
Cons
Mediocre Benefits and missleading of true benefits.
Tcc
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 2, 2017
Its a good place to work if your going to school. They offer great time off, they will pay for you health insurance if you are a single person, and they offer tuition reimbursement plans.
A very very productive and fun work place
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midway, FLSeptember 25, 2017
A very energetic work place. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with the management is very inspiring to work with.A highly organized work place
Pros
30 minture lunch break
Cons
15 minture break
I would not want to work there again.
Senior Accountant-Business Office (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Dumped assignments on you. the computer system was faulty. Cronyism abound. They used new employees as scapegoats. it was an overall bad work environment if you were not a lifer there. .
Students were hardworking and a joy to teach.
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Students responded well to the creative process which I found inspirational for my own work. An example is the day I served hot beignets and had the class write food critique essays. Watching all of them improve as the year progressed felt rewarding. The culture of my workplace was warm and supportive especially as I was a novice in the English department. The nature of grading essays is time consuming, but like the students I improved with time.
Pros
Motivated students
Cons
few if any benefits for part time faculty
Producted place to work
Receptionist, Work Study (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 30, 2017
During my time as a work study receptionist at Contract and Grant my experience was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I learned quite a bit and the experience I gain help me in some of my area of studies.