Tallahassee Developmental Center Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable company to work for everyone was like family.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working for the company.l could come in and work doubles to make sure clients wasn't neleagtive and do personal skill traing with some.I didnt like it when the clients couldn't go on field trips because of the coverage.
Pros
Get as much over time as you could
Cons
Short of staff
Overall I love working with my consumers and I love them all and treat them the excat same!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2018
I got CPR and tact trained at TDC as well as safety and abuse certifified as well. My consumers are my family I cherish, love, care, respect, each and everyone of them as if they were my very own kids. I enjoy taking them on trips and outside the physicality so can see the great screen outside of there home.Providing excellent hospitality and fairness and making the environment clean and safe.
Pros
Field trips, dances, concerts, movie night, shopping, experience, playground, day programs etc.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
job
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2017
management at facility at time was fair and understandable
overtime was available, nice co-workers, nice environment, good for a first time job......
review
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 16, 2017
I love my job I love to see my residents smile and knowing I can make their day better. I learned to love everyone no matter their disabilities and to always uplift them most enjoyable part is interacting with everyone and enjoying their company.
Not a good company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 9, 2016
The management company, Quest, who runs Tallahassee Developmental Center does not care about the employees. They foster an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. There is no sense of job security. They go through directors quicker than I change underwear. Do not place your livelihood in this company. The PCI board does not care about the staff and allows Quest management to bully the employees. Trust me. Run far away from this company.
Cons
The management company, PCI Board
Very productive and organize and fun.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  455 appleyard Dr.November 29, 2016
I love working here very friendly staff great benefits barely have any complaints. Management stay involved in work place. They give us raises every year. They give us gift cards for holidays. Stay having activities one site. Making sure residents get out and about to have fun. Allow them to become more and more independent everyday. Great company.
Pros
Free feild trips
Cons
Not enough time on breaks.
Terrible place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 20, 2016
Management plays favorites. The human resources person is a racist and plays favorites. All upper management only look out for themselves and blame their mistakes on anyone they can point a finger at. Confidential information (consumer and staff) is left laying for anyone to see. There is no additional training or guidance for current staff.
Pros
The hours.
Cons
Low pay, no guidance or instruction, racially based hiring and termination.
poorly managed and no real sense of job security
QIDP (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee FloridaMay 3, 2015
The only thing I appreciated about this job was that it helped me to build my resume and the care I was able to give the residents. There was no thorough training on the professional level and a constant fear that your job was in jeopardy. The management company ran off and fired some really great people. Oh and yeah I was not given a chance to do an exit interview so here's to you TDC the world needs to see this. Be prepared to be a puppet when working for this company.
Pros
awesome residents
Cons
unable to train and micro managed
It was fun
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 3, 2014
The job was far from hard, Yes you had to stand on your feet most of the time but that was about the only bad thing about it and that really wasn't bad. Employees were great
Pros
Free viewof football games
Cons
Long standing
Compassion and affection is a must!
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 18, 2014
My job consisit of working with down syndrome individuals. This job gave me a reason to smile becuase we are all human but a lot of us are different. I would give anything to help more, work late etc. Perinea care was very important, assistance with dressing and bathing.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
lazy co workers
Intresting Times
Dietary aid (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 17, 2013
Working her I learned to prepare meals to accommodate patience's specific needs. The work environment was very educational and friendly. I would love to work in this environment again.
producitve work place with volleyball and different outdoor activities
Home Manager/Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  tallahassee,floridaJune 4, 2012
everyday is different residents keep you smiling.lots of fieldtrips ut in the community for residents.management and staff are team players.
sucks
HR Staff Dev Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2012
Administrator is a very poor manager, and the pay is bad as well
Cons
everything