Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

TMHPP- Southern Medical Group NE
Office Coordinator/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  TMHPP CIM NEApril 11, 2019
I have had the most amazing work experience being at the TMHPP NE location with the BEST Supervisor that I have ever had. The amazing, family-like dynamic in this office makes each day worth it. I would 100% recommend this position as Office Coordinator or anyone looking to work in the NE Southern Medical office! If you are someone who works well with a supervisor who is organized, efficient and knowledgeable about every aspect of the office, this is the place to be! We have great staff here and everyone works as a team to get the job done. It is pretty fast paced, but once you establish a good work flow, things just get easier.
Pros
Great Management and staff, convenient location, great work flow
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Collegues are great to work with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 25, 2019
Typically you will be short staffed if you're working over nights and you may not get an uninterrupted meal break. I learned that CNA's are required to draw blood, however, it was not part of the training to become one, so you're not paid to work beyond what your qualified. Management is not supportive in implementing better work tactics, and there are no benefits for flex workers.
Stressful work terrible pay.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 18, 2019
Let’s start off with everything upfront. TMH wouldn’t be such a bad place if they paid their techs what they deserve. Oh did I forget to tell you, they’re very short on staffing so not only are you loaded with work you get about 18 patients per shift to take care of. The pay for cnas are about 8.60/hr. They also require you to draw blood certified or not. So in all, you’re doing cna work and phletobotomy. That’s a lot to be paid only 8.60/HR. Sure it’s suppose to be about the love of the job but we also have bills and the nurses rarely help , I’ve seen people walk out in the middle of a shift because the job gets so overwhelming and the nurses doesn’t help you with the patients so it’s alot harder plus you have to work at least 4-5 12 hours shifts a week to get a decent check! I literally worked 115 hours for a check to be 1,000 even. That’s SLAVERY! TMH have been promising us raises for years now and we have yet received them meanwhile the nurses received at least two raises in one year. They don’t care about their cnas and I wouldn’t recommend this job to no one not even a homeless person.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, pay, staffing, team work
great job
CSR Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 15, 2019
When i worked for TMH it was a great experience working under the best management team in the entire hospital looked out for team members an ideas an some tough days but nothing to much to handle over all great experience.
Pros
Great management
Cons
n/a
Tmh
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 26, 2019
At Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare, our employees embrace the concepts of quality care, community health and progressive technology. We have a heart-felt commitment to healing and are dedicated to excellence. We hire only those who share our enthusiasm and passion for providing excellent care to our patients.
Mailroom Learning Opportunity
Patient Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 18, 2019
I learned how to batch together and scan insurance, charity and customer service correspondence. Also learned how to batch, run tapes on and scan insurance and patient checks for payment posters to post. The workplace culture is good with mostly friendly employees and co-workers. Management was excellent. They treat you like family. The hardest part of the job is not having much paid time off and having to accrue it. Holidays off came out of Paid Time Off. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with team members.
Pros
Good health and dental insurance.
Cons
Paid Time Off is accrued per each pay period.
Orientation speakers make you think you are working in the best place in the planet.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 17, 2019
I never ONCE saw the CEO while I worked there! I only know what he promised at orientation & what anyone can read in hospital publications. Heresay reports he’s effective & successful, however, I cannot address his competency having had no interactions with him. (Anyone completing this review must answer yes or no; I’m one to give the benefit of the doubt.)
Read between the lines regarding particulars that seem too good to be true regarding the position you are applying for. Ask LOTS of questions to clarify any grey areas.
Co-workers are just that; they are not your friends. Most have their own agenda; be careful who you confide in. There is competition for favoritisms.
TMH offers occasional employee recognition events, but it’s very difficult for nurses to be able to leave their units to attend.
Pros
Uniforms denote position; cafeteria is quite good.
Cons
Difficult to get lunch breaks & to get out on time.
Fast Paced Hospital
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Keep in mind that this is a teaching hospital so there are students and new graduates all over the building. Retention rates are low because the management on most floors are pressured by the higher ups and the money spent on new equipment is low unless it is for a massive overhaul of a unit.
Great atmosphere to work in
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 2, 2019
My job is very exciting you get to observe a lot of the surgeries that take place in the OR also you come in contact very well respected surgeons on a daily basis
Histology lab
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Open Sands, FLFebruary 2, 2019
I worked at the histology lab 2nd shift there and was treated poorly from co-workers and management, the second shift schedule there was very stressful due to a lot of work i had to finish in a rush and I was left working alone after 5:30,pm, people are mean to you and the pay wasn’t good. I won’t recommend this place if you want to work in a peace of mind and nice environment THIS ISNT THE PLACE.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Use to be a great place to work.
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 30, 2019
TMH use to be a great place to work. I remember when management communicated with employees and involved them in any up coming changes. Also, it was great to see the CEO come around and visit departments and interact with employees as well. Now, you barely see the CEO unless you happen to run into him. He still acknowledge you, but it doesn't seem the same. Also, the communication from upper management isn't as good as it use to be. You generally hear about things through the grapevine or not at all.
Pros
Most of the benefits, sick time build up.
Cons
Poor communication, work hours, management
Stressful work days
Rehabilitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 18, 2019
I started with TMH as a secretary, over the 13 years of employment I worked my way up to Insurance Specialist, Accounts Manager then Business Office Manager. I had great experiences with TMH, They offered a lot of free business classes and seminars to help you succeed at TMH. However, the pay was not much for the amount of work that was expected. My director was my mentor and helped guide me thru any situation I was unsure of. I was nominated and won the Caring Hands award which is a prestigious award for going above and beyond for my employees and my work.
Pros
Resources to help you succeed, Highly trained and experienced Director that provided guidance. Classes in-house.
Cons
The pay was not competitive for the amount of work I had to do, I had an opportunity to make more money with less stress that I took for my family.
Busy Doctors office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Busy office and ever changing daily task.
Good benefits, and discounts offered. Always seem understaffed
Employees have their own parking lot and shuttle is provided.
Great hospital working environment and almost always patient friendly!
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 7, 2019
I say ALMOST always patient friendly because sometimes the staff can be a bit wrapped up in their own priorities and not as focused on the patients and their families needs. I have only one previous hospital working environment to compare this to, so my view is slightly biased. The majority of my time spent working here was wonderful! I made some amazing friends and worked with some of the most caring individuals! I do, however, recall a few very vivid times where staff did not always place the needs of the patients and their families at the top of their priorities and this made me very uncomfortable. This was only a handful of times, but still is unacceptable to me.
ok
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 26, 2018
busy days and under paid.! I learned a lot with this company good and bad. Hardest part of job is being understaffed. The management was okay I loved my superviser. I love the fast work pace.
Pros
helping others
Cons
nolunch breaks
Disappointing culture
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 25, 2018
Not my idea of a professional work environment. The company does not embrace its own mission statement. The staff is great but the company loyalty to that staff is non-existent.
Not flexible at all extremely stressful will work you like. Dog for 8.85 hr
Service Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 3, 2018
I will be glad when I can leave everyone is terrible from management to the other employees down to the building or area they put you in to work. They are not flexible and could careless about your personal needs or what you try to do to make it into work or if you have an emergency. Your family member could be on their death bed and they will still threaten to fire you if you ask to leave they will tell you your responsibility is with them not at any other place.The management will try to get close to you make you feel secure and comfortable like you can go to them for anything then the second something goes wrong they stab you right in the back. You tell them one thing they say they understand and then as time goes by they bring up the situation and act stupid like you never told them what was going on. Management talks about employees to other employees behind your back especially personal situations employees talk about employees and the area they put you in those people will talk about you behind your back and make up lies to run back and tell management to get you Introuble or fired .Everyone jumps to conclusion without getting both sides of the story. They just don’t care about us and don’t care about whats going on casue we are housekeepers management feels that way too... I will be glad when I leave I will not look back or come visit or think twice about re applying.This is the worse job iv ever had and they do not pay enough for you to deal with all the bs they put you through. And I’m not just saying stuff cause I’m upset or angry I am extremely fed up with this  more... place and tired of keeping quite about it and I haven’t even been there a year yet. Definitely not a place I would make a permanent job definitely not a position I would apply for just to get my foot in the door you won’t progress your won’t move up you will stay in the same spot that you are in and this position is NOT A LONG TERM CAREER either. I would never recommend Evs to anyone and yes it is as bad as I say it is... it’s terrible and the second I have a chance to get out and run I will and I will never look back  less
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
#Iamtmh
Valued member of a great team (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 26, 2018
Working at Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare, I feel like a valued part of a collaborative team. The organization is growing at a super fast rate and it is exciting for me to get to be a part of that development. The culture is organic and there is a tremendous focus it seems to always improve upon it, which I appreciate. I also don't feel like just a number...I feel like I belong.
awful
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 22, 2018
management is terrible as a whole. there is no chance of advancement because they hate to see you doing better than them, they are unorganized and so unprofessional. i would never recommend this job to anyone.
great place to grow
Surgical Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 17, 2018
always room for growth within company. worked my way up from entry level position. job allows on job training. pay and scheduling was great as well will recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Reviews by Location