Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wonderful
Cafeteria Server (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 20, 2018
I started working at TMH 7/2013.It where I learned alot about customer service how to always be positive, make people feel appreciated no matter what they're going through.Have alot of opportunities in other departments which increases growth to expand.THM also pay for education to help you secede your career in each department..Great place to work
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
30 minute breaks
Many opportunities to enhance one's learning in the nursing field
Chemotherapy Infusion RN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2018
Each day is a new journey in which I am challenged and revered for caring for each individual patient. I have had the opportunity to enrich and add to my experience by working at TMH.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Last minute changes with assignments
Good start for career
Surgical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 18, 2018
Tallahassee memorial hospital is a great place to start out your career it can be challenging at times but for the most part it is a great place to be they will help you when needed
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Minimum wage 8.60, 30 minute lunch, flex position is no benefits
Loved my job here.
Tallahassee, Fl - Fiscal Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 15, 2018
Best part about the job was always the co workers and friendships you make. Some days were rough, stressful at times but we got through it together. Our manager was always very understanding, helpful, and fair.
Pros
Laid back work environment for the most part/CEO is extremely friendly and approachable
Cons
pay could be better for the work load.
A great working atmosphere. Colleagues embraces concept of Teamwork
PATIENT ACCOUNT COORDINATOR II- COMMERCIAL (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 6, 2018
Colleagues are true team players. Because of teamwork stress levels were always low and productivity was high. My Manager and Directors were pleasant, encouraging and understanding.
Pros
Flexibility of work schedule
Cons
short Lunch breaks and no paid holidays
Abysmal facility
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 3, 2018
Poorly managed facility that trickles down. Employees are overworked and underpaid. Very high turnover rate, leaving departments and units severely understaffed. Favoritism trumps hard work which stunts advancement opportunity.
Pros
Overtime opportunity
Cons
Upper level and middle management, favoritism, salary compensation, advancement opportunity, staffing
Great!
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 14, 2018
TMH is your hospital for life! They are awesome, providing exceptional love and care. They go above and beyond to heal their patients and keep family and friends happy.
Great place to Work
Social Worker/Case Management (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2018
TMH is a great place to work and offers an awesome benefits package. The staff are very professional and place Patient care at the forefront. I would recommend TMH to anyone.
good place to work
paramedic (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 17, 2018
the nursing director does not care for the paramedics. Frequently short staffed. The hospital needs staff but refuse to negotiate contracts for the new nurses.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short staffed
Excellent benefits
RN-Behavorial Health Center (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 17, 2018
Great benefits. Managers need to invest more time in their employees. Frequently short staffed. Techs have very little training. Upper management is only interested in $.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 13, 2018
Great place to work and learn. Great place to start a career. The pay rate could be more . I'm not making enough to keep up my family and my bills. Other than that it's a good work environment.
wonderful place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 2, 2018
Loved working for TMH. If the chance came up for me to go back, I would. TMH doesn't just care about money, they care about the patients and their care aslo.
Great people, Bad Management
Medical Laboratory Technologist - Generalist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 20, 2018
Most of the my colleagues were good people, however there is a negative culture that is pervasive throughout the lab. This is perpetuated by the management staff. Opportunity for advancement is based mostly on whether the managers like you. Your skills, experience, education and qualifications have little bearing on your chances for a promotion. As a result, many of the supervisors are less competent than they should be. The environment is very fast paced and stressful at times, as they are often short staffed with high turnover lately.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Stressful, bad management.
TMH is a great company to work for!
Patient Account Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 13, 2018
However if you lack knowledge of billing, this is not the place for you. Certain managers will not train you only because they don't know. They will throw work on you and expect it to be done within the next hour. Absolutely no professional training, only from other coworkers who are extra busy with their own work.... The work load is of 2 people. Lack of respect from certain managers. No room for advancement
Cons
Disrespectful managers
TMH Review
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 13, 2018
The organization is a good place to work for. Unfortunately, all departments of the hospital are not good departments. The department I worked in had bad management, unfair treatment, and poorly funded.
Tallahassee
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 11, 2018
Coming in getting folders of patients making sure they file out all demographic and making copies of insurance cards.
Management is always around and willing to answer question.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Time off
Very professional environment
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 9, 2018
Friendly environment to work in, with a very intense pace to make sure all visitors and patience are satisfied. I've enjoyed the people that I work wit, because we all work as a team.
Lovely place
Cashier/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 14, 2018
The work enviroment is great i mean your working in a hospital so experience and see a lot from talking with doctors and nurses . to the family coming to visit
Balance
Surgical Support Tech, Sterile Processor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 12, 2018
I believe that through employee relations department, TMH attempts to celebrate and keep a healthy balance between fun and work through summer games and yearly activities.
HR does not work for you!!
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  6th floorFebruary 9, 2018
Too much politics especially with management and HR!! Run when you can unless you are starving!!! I can say they have it going with saving money as a not for profit Hospital.
Pros
Great documentation system
Cons
All the BS!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight