Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare

Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States186 reviews
To me having a job and family to care for is one thing. Therefore, TMH provided that for me. I was thankful for having a job. I was able always trying to follow directions by being where I need to be when I have to be. Coming to coke as scheduled and completing my task on time, but trouble must find you.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Always 15 minutes before/after
New graduates are exposed Med-Surg/Covid for low pay. Also keep in mind RN’s, MD’s does not respect LPN quality of work unless you’re pending RN grad.
Pros
Exposure to Hospital Setting
Cons
Low Pay/ No flex hours
These people wear their nurses out won’t financially compensate you for it either. Don’t believe the propaganda; they’re awesome liars. Patient safety is always put at risk with unsafe and inappropriate patient assignments and nurse-patient ratios
They like to tell you how much of a family oriented hospital this is but it is the total opposite. They don’t care about you unless you have an MD behind your name. And if you’re Black, management has racist tendencies that they try to hide but it seeps through.
Pros
some coworkers are cool, adds experience to resume
Cons
parking, food, management, pay, benefits, Racism
The staff in the main hospital, even down to the Unit Secretaries, aren’t ready to accept LPNS as “real nurses “, who’ve also worked to obtain a nursing education and passed a national test such as the NCLEX. They’re looking to bring in LPNs to do the bulk of the work at less pay, as they can’t maintain RN staff and have a travel retention rate of 70%. It starts at the top!!
Pros
It’s a trauma 1 hospital, so you will see and learn a lot as far as the clinical aspect.
Cons
The culture in the main hospital isn’t ready to accept LPNs as “real nurses”, who sit for a NCLEX just like the RNs. Patient to nurse ratio, Scheduling isn’t really “self scheduling” on all units.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Management is very poor and have no communication. They always say they don't know and will find out but never do. Clinical supervisor is useless she doesn't know how check in patients or input information in a patient's chat so when you're swamped she is no help. You will report equipment to her that needs to be fixed and she'll never do it because she's too busy talking to other staff who she shows favoritism to and the office manager is no better because she is a pushover who allows her clinical supervisor to do whatever she wants and talk her into doing things. This is a horrible place to work. But if you like a place where there is a high rate of favoritism then TMHPP PULMONARY SLEEP DIAGNOSTIC AND CRITICAL CARE CENTER is the perfect place for yiu. My advise is to search in other departments within TMH because your work is not going to be appreciated here.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Poor management and communication large turn around
Not the best pay but a good place to work. Good staff support, usually plenty of OT opportunities (before Covid anyway). Need to pay support staff better to keep turnover rates down
Though the team I work with is very good, the corporation seem to be more fiscally driven than employee driven. They build buildings at the expense of employees.
It was a great experience for me where that I’ve learn a lot,, There was a lot of great people there and overall it was an great Environment,, It was Amazing
Theres lots of room for advancement you can switch departments and focus a job path thats located in the hospital, even if you dont get the position your working towards. Get your foot in and make your way to the top.
Pros
Consistent work hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare?
nice place to work
Transports food to areas via truck or cart. Performs special cleaning assignments of all structural surfaces and equipment in the kitchen. Puts away stock and cleans food storage areas. Responsible for Cleaning floors by mopping, scrubbing and operating floor machine. Removes trash and recyclables from kitchen. Stores pots and utensils in a clean and protected way. Follows food safety rules. Performs other duties as assigned by manager which may include working similar positions such as tray line worker or cafeteria server.
While working at TMH, there were days where it seemed like all the responsibilities were put onto one department while other departments did nothing. Also there were some workplace conflicts between people and between departments that made the workplace uncomfortable.
I love that we can find our perfect fit within the company. They encourage me to take on more responsibility and explore different positions/departments.
The COO is a friendly person but most of the staff have superiority complex if they are nurses or doctors and even some of the housekeepers. They give Christmas Bonus's.
I would say the goods working here is that once you start working, after your first six months with the company it is easy to transfer to other positions within the company, but my own opinion and everybody may be different but I feel that TMH underpays. I have a bachelors degree of science and I know I should be getting paid more. But instead I will look at the brighter side of things and continue to gain experience as much as I can.
This was the worse job I’ve ever worked, the supervisor in the ER is not professional at all she tells all her employees business to other employees, she talks about employees to other employees, going into this job you have to teach yourself everything because the supervisor doesn’t know much and she’s not going to teach you nothing. I’ve seen so many employees come and go she can’t keep employees in the ER and the pay is horrible
Provided a sense of security in the workforce. expand my knowledge in job I performed. Enabled me to locate errors and correct them for payment of claims
A goo place to learn if you want to be in the medical field. You can learn how to take care a patient give proper details to the patient are the doctors and the nurses.
The culture needs to change at TMH. Fixes are only surface level and do not reach employees. Several areas are severly understaffed causing ER and Surgery to become backed up and lowering patient experiences. Supervisors don't put thought into placement or staffing.
it was fun everyone worked together to achieve a goal and that was to make sure patient needs were met by the end of shift. I learned the ways of each client and knew how to deal with him.
Company does not care about their employees. Only about money and bottom line. Will run you through the dirt and pay is terrible and they know it and do nothing about it
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight