Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic Employee Reviews

Slave labor and favoritism
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 23, 2018
Very unhealthy environment. The doctors hire under qualified staff in order to pay as little as possible and then wonder why they are unable to collect from insurance carriers. Big insurance is not the problem, hiring unprofessional people without the necessary skills to complete the job requirements is the problem.
Pros
Doctors are generally kind
Cons
Office Staff highly unqualified
Very educational place to work
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Very educational and helpful place to work. Friendly and helpful staff thats highly motivational. A great learning experience for anyone that is willing to learn.
Busy
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I stay busy. For each new program they have invested in I have learned the program with no problem. Those things come easy for me. Transcription most enjoyable. There is nothing hard about this job.
A greta place to work but the pay is not good.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32308September 13, 2017
A great place to work. No room for advancement and the pay is not good. I applied for a payment poster position but ended up with a position as a collections specialist. The position was a new position and there was no job description in place. Later there was a job description and it changed four times. Overall it's a great place to work. My position was not organized.
Pros
great emplyees and layed back
Cons
Not organized
Decent pay for my first summer job
Maintenance, grounds keeping, housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 5, 2017
I was hired at Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic for my first job as a grounds keeper. I was treated very fairly and have no complaints about my experiences there.
Pros
Fair pay
Toc
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 29, 2017
The Job Overall Is A Mess! It Has People That Don't Care About Anyone At All. They Will Try To Degrade you if they could! I would not recommend nobody who is looking for a job to work here. This was the worst place I ever had worked at! Poor management!
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Great place to work, has it's own familiar Culture
CEO (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 19, 2016
At the end of the day, the Surgeons and non-operative docs want whats best for the patient, even if at their expense. It's quality care first then Customer and Employee relations next. TOC realizes that it takes a team to run, what has become one of the largest and best Orthopedic Clinics in the North Florida and South Georgia area.
Medical Record Specialist
Medical Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 20, 2016
My Job Duties working at Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic as a Medical Record Specialist:

1. Handled all Patient Paperwork that rotated through the clinic and all in a timely manner, had to separate and properly prepare each patient record with all of the necessary and helpful information to make it easier when I scanned it into the Electronic Medical Record System.

2. Kept Records up-to-date by ensuring that they were all scanned in a timely manner and expedited any document that was needed to be inputted into the system immediately.

3. Plus, I had to input all of the Doctor's Surgery Scopes that were taken from during Patients' Surgeries on a daily basis.

4. Also, I filled in the Medical Records Department, whenever the Department was short-handed or needed extra assistance. These Duties included: Answering phone calls from Patients, Lawyers, and other Doctor's offices requesting a Patient Records, while ensuring to follow all of the HIPPA-Guidelines. Another task, was routinely checking the Fax machine for any new incoming Medical Record requests and ensuring to get them prepared and sent back all within a timely manner. The last duty and most importantly, I would have to take requests from Patients that were in the office and get them ready for them quickly while they waited, or if they called ahead of time I would bring their printed out records that they requested and had them fill out a Release Form before releasing their records to them. Finally, double checking with the Patient ensuring that there was nothing else that I could do to assist them.
Fun workplace and great work environmen
Physical Therapy Aide/Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaJuly 8, 2015
I enjoy working for Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic. Its a great place learn and grow into a better employee. The benefits are great and you work with great people everyday. The patients are great as well.
Benefits
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 2, 2014
Good place to work. Very knowledgeable doctors and staff. Work hours are nice and allow family time.
A good workplace
Athletic Trainer, PRN (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLJanuary 6, 2014
It has been an excellent learning experience. My coworkers are accommodating to my lack of experience and very supportive of my abilities. Its a face paced environment and I am constantly around people. My office is right next to a gym, so I don't have any excuse, if I have any spare time, not to maintain my health. Opportunities to improve are continuously available.
clinical orthopedic clinic
Student Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 29, 2013
Have excellent patient care, take x-rays, and limit patient radiation dose.
Poor Company Culture
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 4, 2013
When you walk through the clinic, you frequently hear employees complaining about their jobs. There is very little room for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits, particularly around the holidays
Cons
Gossipy employees that do not care about their jobs
Fun and productive place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 19, 2013
Greet patients either in person or on the phone. Schedule new and follow up appointments for patients. Update patient records. Check patients in and out. Collect any payments or copays due to clinic.
Pros
great employee benfits