Tallgrass Energy Employee Reviews

IT pros beware
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 10, 2018
Low pay and terrible management make this place one of the worst sweat shops around. Extremely stressful and you have one of the most thankless jobs in the Denver metro area.
Pros
You get to attend a lot of meetings where you get more work!
Cons
You get to attend a lot of meetings instead of doing your work
Great employer.
EHS Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 31, 2018
Very good. Company atmosphere is very good with friendly and kind people. Enjoyed my time there quite a lot. Voted as a top workplace many times!!!
IT Managers are all greedy arrogant idiots!
IT (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 26, 2018
Worst Nepotism ive ever seen in IT. IT managers hire unqualified friends and family, over pay them and totally screw over the real workers who built the company. IT management is disgusting at this company. These guys are whats wrong with this world!!!
Pros
Cons
Moron managers, IT only
Great Place to work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 20, 2018
The benefits are excellent, the People are good to work with, Pay is competitive, Retirement is Just 401K but the company contribution is 6% plus an additional 4% matching, an overall great place to work.
Best job I've ever had!
Senior Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time while working for Tallgrass Energy. If I didn't have to move from the area for personal reasons, I'd still be there. There were little grievances here and there from the team(s) but overall it was a positive, fun place to work and the benefits were far better than anywhere else that I've seen since.
Pros
Great pay, excellent benefits
A highly successful icon in the energy sector in the USA.
Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 22, 2016
My typical day at Tallgrass could be described as somewhat routine but never boring; lots of day-to-day reports, emails, phone calls, guest and vendor visits and no two days are exactly alike. The hardest part of the job is handling the unexpected visitor or unannounced meeting.

It has been a pleasure working with the Executive team over the last eight years. I have several great memories at Tallgrass and highlights for me were being part of the formation of MLP Co-Investment Opportunity Fund, L.P. and PTP Holdings, LLC, and also being part of the team collaboration during our first Tallgrass Energy Partners IPO.

Working at Tallgrass has poised me for continued growth and I’m honored to be part of this company’s success story.
Pros
Competitive wage
Cons
Need back-up personnel at all times
Excellent company
Owner and manager of restaurant and lounge (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WYJuly 29, 2016
Top professional employees, equipment, training and entire work environment. Good working conditions with an emphasis on safety and customer satisfaction.
Solid company to work for
Crude Oil Pipeline Controller (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2015
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
prefer to not write negative comments
Senior Natural Gas Scheduling Representative I (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 8, 2015
Group did not seem to show advancement potential or availability. Great group of coworkers though and I wish them all well in their future endeavors.
Pros
Pay at the time of departure was competitive
Cons
No advancement or group vision.
Good job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  new yorkFebruary 17, 2015
Cool jobs, good pay, decent benefits. Ability to travel, lots of home time. managmnet needs training. I would like to work for them again someday.
Cube City, Robotic Environment
Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 3, 2015
I only worked contract a few months as a "Lease Analyst", but mostly did filing so it was fairly mundane work.

Strange culture, pleasant but not too friendly. Seems to have lots of gossip.
Pros
Overall a good place to work
Cons
People aren't personable