Tallgrass Freight Co.

Working at Tallgrass Freight Co.: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Great company

Great company to work for, However you must make sure you bring in a certain amount of profit or you don't eat . Most workers are agents who work only on commission. The corporate company is good , some issues with the communication. Overall it is a great company to work for , state of the art technology. You can build your business via this company I was here for 4yrs.

Pros

Great commission structure

Cons

You need to sell to make money

Great place to be

Established company with start up atmosphere. High growth can be challenging but it is well worth it. It is a work hard play hard type of place and people are appreciated for their efforts.

Tallgrass Freight Co. insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose

Incredible opportunity

Tallgrass Freight is much more than an incredible business opportunity. It is also a company that emphasizes and operates in a manner that aims to support and celebrate there employees. It is the exception to today's corporate America. I am very thankful for the opportunity it has presented for myself and my family.

Tallgrass Freight, what a place!!

A typical day of work starts with checking on moving loads for pickups and deliveries, and then handle any new opportunities to quote. Once quotes found, I send them out to customers for their approval. Any time that there is free time in the day, I reach out to new opportunities to get as a customer. Always learning new ways to present and perform with customers and carriers to make things easier. I enjoy working at home and the freedom that it allows. Everyone at Tallgrass has been quite helpful, and always there when needed. It is a fantastic place to work, and I enjoy everyone that I communicate with.

Excellent Company!

This is an outstanding company to work for! I've been a Freight Broker for 11 years now, and 4 with Tallgrass Freight. I would have made the switch a long time ago if I could. Upper Management genuinely cares about you as a person, and an Employee. I have the flexibility to work at home, run my own company, with the technology and back office support that I need.

Expectations Exceeded

You get what you earn. The folks at Tallgrass provide all of the tools needed which allows the individual to showcase their skills and talents. If you're willing to work, you will be successful.

Tgf

Great organization to work with! They treat everybody great, and genuinely want you to succeed here! I look forward to the years' ahead with them. Reach out to TGF if you want to take your career to the next level.

Flexibility

If you want to come and work for a company that allows flexibility come and join TallGrass Freight. However, bring a book of business because you’re in charge of your own income as your a 1099 employee. Since your a Freight Agent its on you to establish your own healthcare plan, retirement, and schedule your own vacations. If you don’t want to grind for about two years this isn’t for you, and neither is any 1099 self employed job. Must be willing to hit the phones and cold call companies and call drivers.

Personally, Professionally & Financially.

Tallgrass is the gem and splendor of our industry. Plain and simply, I really wish there as anyway this could be conveyed in a better way but, it simply can't. The world of transportation brokerage is not a one filled with lots of nice things, we are mental blue collared laborers and that opens the door to some very negative things. If it weren't for Tallgrass most of their agents wouldn't have the opportunities they have today; personally, professionally and financially.

Tallgrass Freight

Great company full of great people! I would suggest Tallgrass to anyone that values their relationships with their customers and appreciates working with professionals that take pride in everything they do.

There is not another brokerage like Tallgrass Freight

Tallgrass Freight is truly an amazing company. It is not an easy gig being an independent freight agent, but Tallgrass puts everything in place to make sure you can succeed. This is a company that is truly invested in its employees, and the owners take time to make sure they know everyone on a personal level.

Best company to build your dream team !

Seasoned freight brokers working in a diverse environment. Culture here is the reason we all take pride in our work. Owners truly care about the growth and success of every individual here.

The best brokerage I have worked for.

Tallgrass freight is the best brokerage I have ever worked for. As an outside agent, back office support from HQ is critical. They have never failed me in 4 years of being an outside agent and are always looking for ways to improve. I wouldn't have stayed for so long if tallgrass weren't taking care of business. They know their stuff and hire only high quality people at HQ and strong outside agents. Great place and I'll never work for another brokerage. No need. Commission split is excellent as are the the reward and bonus programs they offer. Last but not least.............The Christmas parties are beyond EPIC. =)

A company that stands above the rest.

I could take all day to write a lavish review highlighting all the things this company does right and still wouldn't do them justice. So instead, I'll leave you with this. TGF is easily the best company I've had the pleasure to be a part of. They have zero competition when it comes to culture, hard work, dedication and even having fun.

Pros

Great owners. Great management. Great people.

Cons

Good luck finding one!

Excellent back office support.

Tallgrass Freight Company provides everything a freight broker needs to be successful. The technology is solid. Carriers want to haul for Tallgrass Freight.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tallgrass Freight Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits