TALMER BANK AND TRUST Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced and collaborative.
Associate Managing Director/Helpdesk Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Talmer Bank is a finical institution that is fast paced and focused on acquisitions. This places high demand on all of the teams involved in the aquisition.
Commercial Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 5, 2018
The department that I worked in was very fast pace but thanks to my co-workers they created an environment where I was able to relax once in a while. Management could have been better it becomes stressful when our managers do not communicate effectively to the team.
Competitive and growing company
Executive Managing Director Operations Chief (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 15, 2017
Growing company having expanded from one office in Troy, Michigan with $84 million in assets to a public company with more than 100 offices in six states and nearly $20 billion is assets.

Major high profile leadership with significant connections to the business community. Creative and responsive board of directors representing high-level business and community representatives.

Fully integrated systems and processes with a major emphasis on system reliability and security.
Pros
Open communication with C Suite officers and board
Cons
limited growth potential in Michigan
awesome company to work for!
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 13, 2017
Enjoyed my time at Talmer very much. Merger with Chemical bank in 2016, culture similar. Had good experience at both banks. Would recommend to anyone looking.
Great employees to work with and learn from
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 16, 2017
Since the merger of Talmer Bank and Trust, with Chemical Bank, the employees are great to work with, and are supportive with the help that I can provide them, as a Service Desk Analyst. Even though the call and service ticket volume has increased, the challenges, opportunities, and learning experience has been rewarding. Management is very supportive and always there for you, when needed. The hardest part of the job is balancing calls while working on incoming tickets in between calls. Having supportive and knowledgeable team members there for you, helps with the sharing of knowledge.
Pros
Team lunches and activities.
Cons
Learning curve of things are done with Chemical Bank
Great place and close to home base
Trust Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 9, 2017
I worked 8-5, never worked weekends, and was less than 10 minutes from home. Co-workers were like family, however management was strictly business.
Pros
Close to home, flexible for appointments
Fun and productive.
Personal Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Both staff and manager were great to work with. Hours were amazing and it was always a fun day at work. The customers were nice and friendly as well. Great place to work.
Fun work place
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Genoa City, WIJanuary 23, 2017
I loved the employees that I worked with. This was a small town and it was wonderful that you could get to know the customers on a one on one basis.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Hard to advance
Like doing the work that I did, like all of my co-workers, positive outlookl
Senior Loan Servicing Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIDecember 13, 2016
Just a great place to work and will miss all of the great friends that I have made over the years of working there. Everyone was like family there.
This was a knowledge, fun and productive work environment
Customer Service for employees (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 13, 2016
My department can be stressful and high pressure at times, but everyone always works together to get the job done. Management understands the pressure and helps in all ways possible to relieve it when they can. I have met some amazing people in this building I work it and have learned a lot from the other departments in my area.
Enjoy learning new process outside of my past experience with ATT
Loan Serving Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIOctober 11, 2016
Loan Service Department can be a very fast paced day. Looked forward to the multiple tasking environment.

I learned a lot in my time with the loan serving coworkers who provided me with a lot of knowledge in my time working for them.
Pros
awesome group of people, lunch was bought at month end which was nice
wasnt what i was looking for
Licensed Sales Assistant - Regional (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 5, 2016
it had low customer traffic. probably fits others personalities, just wasn't the job for me. great co workers.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 7, 2016
Great place to work. Currently n culture but is working on building one. Management from acquired banks do not seem to care much about the company. But if you grow within they do treat you right.
Rapidly growing and expanding company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI 48084February 4, 2016
Worked with Talmer Bank through 5 bank acquisitions and conversions. Always busy but very manageable. Allowed us to make decisions on our own and encouraged us to do so, as long as all parties affected were brought into the decision making process.
Pros
Wonderful people to work for
Cons
Sometimes very long days
AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2016
Great team mentality. The executive management really cares about the entire employee base at Talmer. The culture is unrivaled, and the atmosphere is very professional.
Truly Enjoy Working Here
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 5, 2015
Talmer Bank and Trust is a fast growing company. They care about their employees and are invested in developing talent. I work with a great team!
Great company
Commercial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy MichiganSeptember 30, 2015
Talmer Bank is a newer bank Right now everything is in a fluid state. one of our biggest sellers is the remote deposit service I have already have a strong technical background, and this has enhanced my skill set. I have learned to webex into computers and be able to fix them on the spot. Our management team is very good. They are good at keeping their finger on the pulse of the industry. My co workers are excellent as well. One of the most challenging aspects of my job is the fluid state that we are in. it can make things very challenging. But we are doing a good job in adjusting. I enjoy interacting with my customers, co-workers and using my sill set to solve complex issues.
Pros
Young company
Cons
Limited room for growth
Good Place to Work
Credit Analyst, Business Banking (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 27, 2015
Talmer is way better than working for a larger institution but a career in retail banking is the same anywhere. Salary is lacking and advancement requires applying for different positions in different departments then usually switching institutions.
Pros
Great environment, less red tape
Cons
Low salary
Great Atmosphere
Card Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 8, 2015
Talmer is a GREAT company to work for, would recommend anyone to apply to this company. Only con would be some departments have unfortunate managers
Excellent company to work for.
Customer Service Representative, CSR Float (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Assist customers in the daily deposit transactions, new accounts and any other banking, investment needs. Co-Worker are fun and interactive with the customers.