Talos Energy Management reviews

Solid Company that is Growing
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
I worked on the engineering team for ~ 2 years at Talos before being let go in 2016. It was tough times and the first round of layoffs since the beginning of commodity prices crashing in late 2014. The management was very knowledgeable and seemed to be making strides in growing the company through a difficult time of the industry. My direct manager was extremely great, always willing to help me learn and was very understanding through growing experiences.

Wish I could've stayed longer to keep learning and see the company go public but no hard feelings at all.

Compensation was just okay but all the benefits were pretty great.
Pros
great benefits, management
Was a fine gig just not for me
Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Honestly I'm relocating and that's the main reason for leaving but it is very likely I'd do the same regardless. Don't get me wrong, the experience I had was not good for me only because I believe I'm not cut out for this kind of work. Otherwise, e.g. the management, pay, other employees, work conditions etc, everything was up to highest standards and if nothing I felt respected for the time I was there. You know what kind of a job this is and if you want to be a part of it, I really do recommend Talos Energy.
Pros
work environment, management, pay and benefits
Cons
simply put, not for me
No-hassle job, do your work and you're fine
Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2018
I was with Talos since early 2016 and I made the decision to move with my family and hence I left my job with this company. I don't think there's a perfect job out there, but there are certainly bad jobs and bad employers, and Talos is the opposite! Their managers are easy to work with and talk to. They try and understand any issue you have and help you solve it. I changed positions in 2017 due to some personal health issues and they allowed the transfer and the managers helped me out during the whole thing. They didn't have to indulge me in my request, and it certainly cost them to do so, but they did it anyways, and I will always be thankful. If they didn't do that for me I'd probably have left Talos a year before and probably wouldn't be able to move right now which was our long term plan. Thank you!
Pros
steady work, no hassles, easy-to-work-with management
Cons
I felt isolated sometimes
Reputable company run by capable management AND employees
Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
Talos is not a huge oil company but what they've got they take care of very well. I've scouted several locations of theirs and was met with prestige in every one them. When I say prestige I mean a very friendly and capable working environment, with employees and managers who both know what they're doing. Consulting is easy when you're met with able and capable fellow workers and CEOs.
Pros
company with great potential, friendly working environment, capable workers CEOs and CFOs
Cons
too quickly paced for me sometimes
Good company, good crews, stressful but worth it
Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
As you can imagine these kinds of jobs tend to be somewhat stressful depending on what you've got inside yourself as a man...But other than that, this is by far the best job I've had with my two hands. How you go about these jobs really depends on the crew you're dealing with...And every crew I've been with so far at Talos was just the best. People know what they're doing, and they'll lend a helping hand...all you have to do is ask. What else should I note here, pay is good, working hours are fine, nothing too bad for a working man, and the CEO is running the company efficiently!
Pros
crews are best, hours are decent, pay is extremely good
Cons
what you could imagine, with these kinds of jobs
Pass on this company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
Very poorly run private company with ethically challenged CEO/financial people. Company loaded up on debt & drilled questionable projects, even when faced with declining commodity prices. Drilled wells with questionable partners (most were dry holes). Promised huge payouts to employees via subordinate shares through a carried interest partnership. Company had 4 different CFO's. If you are a geologist, reservoir engineer, or financial analysts; you will be treated like royalty. Anyone else is just overhead and pretty much ignored.
Pros
Crawfish boil
Cons
Environment, Management, Unrealistic
Talos Energy LLC
Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 24, 2016
One of the best companies that I've worked for in the last few years of my career. Always willing to compromise and work along with employees to ensure comfortability thru Human Resource.