Play YouTube video button

Talus Payments Employee Reviews

Featured review
Talus Payments selected this as a representative review
Great place to work for!
Corporate Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I started out as an Independent Sales Agent (ISA) for this company and have since worked my up through the recruiting department and am now a Corporate Mananger running my own team of 20+ ISAs. This company has been phenomenal! I have always been provided with excellent support; we have an open door policy from top to bottom and everyone is always willing to help in any way they can. Talus is also committed to making sure we have a bright and prosperous future together. we are always looking at ways to improve the workplace as well as the products and services we provide. Great place to start and build a career!
Pros
great support, great incentives and benefits
Cons
aggressive commission structure
Horrible!!
Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman txNovember 2, 2018
This job is absolutly horrible. The managers landi and aroura was the absolute worse. And thye barely even like u to get off the phones just to go to the bathroom or to take a personal call from ur kids school or dr or any kind of emergency! But let thier "favorites" roam free and do what they want. They make u make cold calls to a list they buy and most the time ur getting hung up on or cussed out all day! Do not apply to this job unless ur dont like ur mental stability! Stay away! Not even work 20 an hour much less 13!
Pros
Absoluty nothing
Management staff,
Marketing Rep/ Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2018
The management staff at Talus payments were unprofessional. When it came time for management reviews, Andy was very poor in giving you information that you could benefit from. The equipment malfunctioned daily, which prohibited you from performing your duties. The equipment was also outdated, as well as database for contacts. Businesses were often shutdown or the owner was deceased. Additionally, staff was not on one accord with management. Management would give you directions while investment staff would give you completely different information. This company does not give their employees the respect they deserve. This is not a stable environment nor will you want to work in this type of environment.
Pros
The health benefits
I love my job sent the management was awful
Appointment cordnator (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my job there I was there for quite a long time my manager on the floor was great my coworkers we’re great .compensation of work. But it was the home office management that was awful ruthless ,she didn’t like nobody she was ruthless for no reason ,cutThroat they turned there back on you
Pros
Read lunches Incentive
Cons
Upper management
Unless u into sales stay away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 2, 2018
I can only tolerate this job for a week the training is awesome the lady who trained us was really nice she made it seem like it was going to be an awesome job but as soon as you get out there on the sales floor unless you're really into sales and talking people into buying stuff this is not a job for you.
And they must have went up in the pay because when I started it was only $10 an hour so I guess that's a good thing but unless you're willing to sit there and be hung up on cussed at it's just not worth it.
Pros
Music
Cons
Pay, no benefits
Reliable Worker Needed (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2018
We're productive and creative,when you work in the company ,you will enjoy your stay and pay because we understand employers 100% and we are ready to satisfy you as well if you can give us your best in working with us.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
A Huge Disappointment and a waste of time and money
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 7, 2018
My first day on the job was terrible, but I was determined to make it work so I thought it was probably just bad luck. I could not have been more wrong. I stayed with the company for about a month and that month was actually miserable . Not only did I not get paid for two of the deals that I made, I also drove over 2000 miles in that short amount of time. I beg of you don’t put yourself through this it’s not worth the constant rejection and terrible compensation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No benefits, very hard to get compensated for time, spend more than you make, you have to provide free customer service, terrible appointment setting
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 27, 2018
They’ll tell you to stay at your location until they send you the next appointment, three hours later you haven’t received anything and the manager won’t answer your calls.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication and appointments
Its a job not career.
Talent Acquisition Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
I currently don't see any career advancement. That is why I am seeking employment at a different organization where my values, ethics, would be more appreciative.
Pros
401k just offered
Cons
no career advancement
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 19, 2018
Good leadership and customer service
Management is especially dreadful
Pay is good
Flexible hours
Good drive radius
Reimbursement of gas and travel
Customer service is amazing help
Great place to work, but must be self motivated
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Talus is a great company to work for, but I'm not going to lie you have to work hard, be organized, and be PATIENT! Selling merchant services isn't easy, but because many businesses have been burned so many times. You need to sometimes prove that you and the company are truly trying to help them - be honest, it's not hard.

Your manager is your partner, as long as you communicate it'll be beneficial to you. Any time I have questions or need help he follows through.

We also have conference call which can be very helpful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, if it's going to help your performance and earn you more money it's worth it!

The company does set up appointments for you, it is true, some are nowhere to be found, but you really want to create your own clientele. You do travel quite a bit, but I personally enjoy it - keep your gas and food receipts for your taxes!

I'm still new, but like any job you learn more with time.

I really enjoy knowing that I am helping people save money!
Pros
Self generated bonuses and monthly bonuses if you meet your quota
Cons
No benefits and sometimes you need to remind them to get paid for you self generated clients
Productive work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
A typical work day consists of meeting with appointments set up by Talus. Usually, the majority of these meeting were helpful and a few not worth meeting with potential merchant. When I was not meeting with appointments, I usually canvassed the area. When I had road blocks with merchant, I was able to get hold of manager to help guide me through the road blocks.
Pros
Great commjunication with management. Easy to work with management.
Cons
No cons.
They tell you enough about the business to embarrass yourself in the field with decision makers.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 4, 2018
The company provides you with a tablet that has a very vague overview of the product of the company that mostly irritates your prospect more than it excites your prospects about doing business with you. When you do get your leads here was my experience of working them daily for several months before realizing it would not get better. First Talus has a bad reputation in the industry so 70% of my appointments were started trying to overcome reputation issues instead of talking merchant services. Most customers had read online reviews about Talus on a website called Merchant Maverick and other negative sites and it was a losing battle, 20% simply told the telemarketer not to send a salesperson and they did anyway, and 10% were no shows. On the surface company supplied leads sounded great, in the end they were a waste of time and gas.
Pros
You get an entry level education about how to sell merchant services.
Cons
Do not start this business without money in the bank, If you need immediate income this job is not for you, The job has a 60 to 90 day learning curve, research for other companies that might offer you a small salary to help you learn the business
Getting better each day.
NA (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Talus has had a rough past because of old managment, but the new team that's in here is really focused on growing the company the right way. They want to provide great customer service to our customers, they want to help us as employees advance, and they want to do things the right way. Long way to go, but definitely lots of improvements.
Pros
New leadership that wants to grow the company the right way, improve the culture.
Cons
The technology and the office environment still feels a bit old and outdated.
A fun energetic work place with room to grow!!
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Working here at Talus has been a blast. From the moment I started I felt like I was apart of something great, a part of a working fun family. Everyone works hand and hand and if you cant find an answer your neighbor will, which teaches you how to solve the issue for future occurrences. Managers there are very hands on as well and are very team oriented making for a perfect work environment. Its like a whole new style of management, so cool. Lets not forget the amazing opportunities for growth though, as in my opinion, its one of the best in Dallas. Things that would normally take a year, are done in only 6 months. You cant beat that. Yep, TALUS is by far the greatest ever!!!
Pros
Friendly work environment, with laughter fun in the mix
Cons
none at all
Do not waste your time
Independant Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 9, 2018
Terrible training. All they really do is send you a tablet, then you listen to a few short conference-call type of training and then you are sent out to try and make sales. They do not set you up to succeed. It is a company based out of Texas that no one has heard of. Once a customer googles the name, they see bad reviews and will not talk to you anymore about a possible sale. The manager assigned to you makes you call and check-in all day. The appointments they set for you are a joke and 80% of the time it is a business that is based out of someone's house, and they are never home. Don't waste your time here. You will throw away a couple of months out of your life with pretty much no income.
Love working at Talus Payments
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Working at Talus payments has been the best work experience I have ever had. The environment at Talus is amazing! The employees are so friendly and management is extremely hands on and helpful. What I love most about my company is the communication across all departments and the relaxed atmosphere. On top of all of this, there are great benefits!!! I would definitely recommend Talus Payments as a AWESOME place of employment!!
Pros
Organized, Competivie, Positive Enviroment, Benefits
Poor Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Do not apply for this position. This is a scam!! you are sent all over the place and have you looking crazy trying to present something to somebody and they don't know what you're talking about because they say they never made an appointment to speak with a rep. You're not even reimbursed gas money for driving such long distances. They tell you you're only going to be driving locally but send you far outside local limits.
Cons
not compensated for gas momey
Great Place to Work
Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Talus has been a great company to work for over the last few years. It is a growing company and there are new opportunities opening up monthly. It has allowed me to meet my financial goals and with the Mon-Fri schedule I get to spend more time with family. Each year that I have worked here they have made it a point to make enhancements year over year. Those enhancements range from pay to benefits and even enhancements to software and equipment. Overall I have enjoyed my time with Talus and look forward to many more years to come.
Great Place to Work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I have been with Talus going on 3 years and intend to stay here for many more years. They definitely know how to treat their employees and know that we are not just a face but together we are a team. It has very competitive pay and also great benefits. You can't beat the hours and the people here are just great as well. Management is always available when you need them and there to help you succeed if you choose to move up in the company. You will love it!
Pros
Great hours and Pay.
Cons
Nothing that would come to mind.
Good Company
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2018
The company has a great atmosphere. Management is always doing luncheons, contests, etc to show appreciation. The work can be stressful at times, but the good definitely outweighs the bad. I love my co-workers and managers. It's a good company to work for.
Pros
Great benefits, good people, awesome management, fantastic atmosphere, Pros definitely outweigh the cons
Cons
Not really room to advance, company's policy for testing up for raises wasn't followed in every department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talus Payments. Our community is ready to answer.