Talus Payments Employee Reviews

I love my job sent the management was awful
Appointment cordnator (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my job there I was there for quite a long time my manager on the floor was great my coworkers we’re great .compensation of work. But it was the home office management that was awful ruthless ,she didn’t like nobody she was ruthless for no reason ,cutThroat they turned there back on you
Pros
Read lunches Incentive
Cons
Upper management
Do not take this job!! Its a JOKE
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 13, 2018
So reading the description about the job sounds great, commissions daily (nope) bonuses paid monthly (nope) sounds awesome right? But what they don't tell you is you don't get paid until you do an application with a customer they received their device and they have to activate it or you will not get paid. They also don't tell you that you have to print off terms and conditions 24 pages in just one. Paper applications and flyers. They also want you to lie to the customer and just tell them it's just the application you're not locked into a contract when in reality you're locking them into a contract because they're signing it. Along with not telling them all of the fees involved. They will also screw you over on your monthly bonus more than once have I lost mine because they failed to tell you something more. You are considered a 1099 which is self-employed but yet they want you to work 9 to 4??!! I'm sorry but I'm not working 9 to 4 on your watch if I'm self-employed you're not paying me hourly or even paying for my gas. Job says 20 miles from zip code but that's another lie they try to get me to drive over 3 hours for an appointment. They also make appointments you show up to and the people have no idea they had one or they send you somewhere that doesn't even exist. I would never recommend working for Talus, I wish someone would have told me everything before I started. No benefits no paid time off. And your manager will call you a hundred times a day blowing up your phone, that you're paying for.
Management staff,
Marketing Rep/ Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2018
The management staff at Talus payments were unprofessional. When it came time for management reviews, Andy was very poor in giving you information that you could benefit from. The equipment malfunctioned daily, which prohibited you from performing your duties. The equipment was also outdated, as well as database for contacts. Businesses were often shutdown or the owner was deceased. Additionally, staff was not on one accord with management. Management would give you directions while investment staff would give you completely different information. This company does not give their employees the respect they deserve. This is not a stable environment nor will you want to work in this type of environment.
Pros
The health benefits
Unless u into sales stay away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 2, 2018
I can only tolerate this job for a week the training is awesome the lady who trained us was really nice she made it seem like it was going to be an awesome job but as soon as you get out there on the sales floor unless you're really into sales and talking people into buying stuff this is not a job for you.
And they must have went up in the pay because when I started it was only $10 an hour so I guess that's a good thing but unless you're willing to sit there and be hung up on cussed at it's just not worth it.
Pros
Music
Cons
Pay, no benefits
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 27, 2018
They’ll tell you to stay at your location until they send you the next appointment, three hours later you haven’t received anything and the manager won’t answer your calls.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication and appointments
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 19, 2018
Good leadership and customer service
Management is especially dreadful
Pay is good
Flexible hours
Good drive radius
Reimbursement of gas and travel
Customer service is amazing help
A Huge Disappointment and a waste of time and money
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 7, 2018
My first day on the job was terrible, but I was determined to make it work so I thought it was probably just bad luck. I could not have been more wrong. I stayed with the company for about a month and that month was actually miserable . Not only did I not get paid for two of the deals that I made, I also drove over 2000 miles in that short amount of time. I beg of you don’t put yourself through this it’s not worth the constant rejection and terrible compensation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No benefits, very hard to get compensated for time, spend more than you make, you have to provide free customer service, terrible appointment setting
Its a job not career.
Talent Acquisition Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
I currently don't see any career advancement. That is why I am seeking employment at a different organization where my values, ethics, would be more appreciative.
Pros
401k just offered
Cons
no career advancement
Dissappointing
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2018
Within the time-span of being employed by and or with Talus Payments, there was one plus side to the overall time altogether. That being, having actually managed to pull off getting one committed sale fall through, with that being said after the committed sale follows shortly followed ex. (committed customer having to text and or call more than once to inform me of not being able to get in touch with customer service or my personal corporate manager due to having technical difficulties with the products themselves and setting them up, and then not shortly afterwards having issues with adjusting entered tips from the previous day as well). Not to mention, being in front of a potential sale and not being able to reach and or get in contact with corporate manager whether that's no communication within a few important much needed minutes or at all for that matter, being sent to appointments thus being someone's house and them being unaware what-so-ever and questioning your whereabouts on their property period... those are just a few cons to working and being employed by Talus Payments.
Productive work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
A typical work day consists of meeting with appointments set up by Talus. Usually, the majority of these meeting were helpful and a few not worth meeting with potential merchant. When I was not meeting with appointments, I usually canvassed the area. When I had road blocks with merchant, I was able to get hold of manager to help guide me through the road blocks.
Pros
Great commjunication with management. Easy to work with management.
Cons
No cons.
Great. Opportunities for a person that is willing to work hard or learn to work smarter.
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2018
Pros:
This is an amazing job for somebody that is self-motivated and doesn’t need someone standing over their shoulder. That is the kind of management style that I thrive in! Don’t get me wrong, corporate provides a great deal of support if or when you need it.

Aside from them setting appointments for you, you do have an extreme amount of flexibility in your schedule. Like any other sales job, you get what you put into it . You don’t have to worry about where you’re going to get your leads from that often. For the most part those are provided. However, any seasoned sales person will tell you that Self Gens are always far more valuable, especially monetarily. Talus Payments provides you with the most advanced forms of tools & devices in order to help sell your clients. As well as paper correspondence either to assist in the sale &/or literature to leave with customer

Cons:
In all honesty, the only con that I have experienced while working for Talus Payments is just the lack of ability to meet corporate &/or other sales associates face-to-face. So not the same type of Camaraderie you may have when seeing co-workers face to face everyday, even if just for 20 minutes.

But as stated previously you are able to get whatever level of supervision &/or however much assistance as you need to be successful at Talus Payments.
Pros
Great support, flexibility, amazing monetary pay & bonuses
Cons
Lack of camaraderie amongst people you see on a day to day basis
Vague sales process and poor internal philosophy
independent sales (Former Employee) –  PennsyvaniaMarch 10, 2018
Talus payment has this policy where you can not talk about rates with the customer even though it is one of the most important things to the customer. Instead of having competitive rates to offer, the sales rep is forced to find out what they are already paying and is told to take a picture of their current statement and send it to management. Sales reps are kept in the dark about actual rates and management is very vague about detailed specifics. They hinder the sales rep and does not give you the ability to do your job efficiently and honestly. My assigned manager was very dismissive of my questions and never answered my questions. It was like talking to a stereotypical car salesman from 30 years ago. Basically all your job consists of is getting the manager on the phone with the customer. When a customer has a question there should be an answer.

I was not even able to get a detailed breakdown of the products that come with the service. How can I do my job if I do not have information of service and products. They target small business where we all know that the budget gets tight and will attempt to take advantage of them through misinformation and ambiguity. If this is not the case for the company I would fire that manager immediately and restructure.
Pros
company tablet
Cons
poor management, lack of information, philosophy, poor leads, lack of product information, lack of training
Solid Team Work with your supervisor
Independent Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh Pennsylvania areaMarch 8, 2018
This is a contracted position and you get to work with talented people who are dedicated to provide top of the line service to customers at the lowest possible rate.
Pros
Solid management
Cons
No benefits
Good incentives
MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  sherman, txMarch 8, 2018
Not very understanding for people who have small children. They only allow 4 late arrivals or early departures in a year, and if you have an emergency or in my case, have to leave to take your child to the doctor, they're not very understanding
Working at Talus
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 5, 2018
Working as an independent sales representative for Talus Payments offers great pay, there is flexible scheduling as well as excellent help from management.
Cons
No healthcare coverage offered
great opportunity with daily leads
I am a sales agent (Current Employee) –  IndianopolisMarch 5, 2018
Working at Talus has given me the opportunity to work with different merchants in my territory. I enjoy trying to save my customers money by lowering their rates. I know that Talus has this in mind as well with their offering of free equiptment and cheaper rates. Its been a pleasure working for such a great company as Talus.
Pros
they have given me the tools to be successful.
Cons
Management should have more Sales incentives for ISA's
This job is a rewarding, position with high yields available when you perform well.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 26, 2018
I am a field Representative in NM . Talus is based in Texas and my Sales Manager is there also. He is a good communicator, has our best interest in mind. All of my communication is over the phone by fax and by emails and tablet the Company makes available..
. I call in each morning and review the appointments, leads and follow-ups. My manager often gives new options designed to help in finding new business opportunity, closing a sale, options to encourage the closing of a customer and many other items of discussion. He is most always on top of my itinerary and is aware of my daily schedule and challenge and my performance. It is as if we are in the sames office and town. He is quick to support and be available to talk to clients and make available any answers to questions and concerns with newperspective clients.
I have been in sales a long time. It is challenging and offers much reward if you are driven to achieve more than a standard minimal salary or like to be out among the action of the business world. It is my first time to seek customers away from the office setting. I am improving some in that area. There is an intimidation factor when going into a businesses that are not ware of your coming. It is rewarding when you make that type of sale. Your are at your best when you help a business person improve on their card services and often provide better equipment and service for a lower cost to the owner.
I look for jobs that will allow me to provide improvement to the business person and support their goals. This give you the Representative a predictability of
  more... support and integrity in the Business world. I am not good at verbalizing this request.  less
Pros
Sales in general has a personal reward and a monetary reward.
Cons
You must stay motivated and positive in your presentation to gain trust, that leads to the ultimate closing sale, It is difficult to experience the closed minds and reluctant reception, or lack of reception, respect until you have an opportunity to prove yourself worthy.
Bonus, Bonus, Bonus
ISA (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 23, 2018
I love the opportunity to earn as much as I can and getting to Bonus keeps you going. I like the Contest that puts extra money in your pockets the very next day.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
Travel time and distance, but it an oportunity to Self Generate more money
Great Place To Work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, LAFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work. Always paid on time. Great customer service.
Managers are awesome. Typical day: You call on businesses who are interested in credit card processing. Appointments are preset by the company.
Pros
Great place to work. Good managers.
Cons
Need to call in to your manager morning and afternoon.
Great Place to work
Corporate Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Monday-Friday gives me the chance to spend time with my family on the weekends. The work hours are great through the week too! Great coworkers that are always there and available to help when needed.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Can't think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talus Payments. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about