TAMKO Employee Reviews

Could be great not family oriented
Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lamar, MOAugust 29, 2018
Was not bad place the front office people did not have any respect for production workers. They live normal lives running during working hours and hardly ever worked a full 40 hr week and took off when they wanted. Production workers have strict rules and punishment for such actions even when not needing protection.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Short breaks, hot environment, more work with less people they like RIWF
Poor Management
Packaging Tech B (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2018
Was released unfarely, due to changes made by new GM. Very unorganized and unprofessionaly made changes to Production line. Had to retrain in a position I was in for 2 years.
Fast paced and stress
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
Good management and good company. Advancement is slow. Company culture was not great when I started there. Management has made a big push to change the culture of the plant.
Don't understand the way management chooses the people they promote.
Cog in the Machine (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 20, 2018
It seems that people being promoted are related to a higher up or kiss rear ends very well. I had volunteered, asked for additional training, showed the hunger to achieve more, but it didn't make a difference. Eventually my spark and eager to learn and succeed was snuffed out because hiring managers wouldn't give me the time of day.
Pros
One of the highest pay rates for Joplin.
Cons
Hard to advance, get stuck in jobs that don't allow you to grow
Productive dirty work place
Forklift (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2018
Working at Tamko; I've had the opportunity to work in the production and the shipping side for a little while as a temp employee. We had a 12 hr. or more rotating shift. My first 2 weeks they had a manager that had been there for 12 years get a laceration in his hand from a machine. They had a high turnover rate. The jobs tasks weren't difficult if the machine would stay on, but their machine would break down quite a bit. When it broke down we had to hurry and clean the mess made from the asphalt and the fiberglass sheet and repair it as soon as possible; so the system wouldn't shut down. Due to the lack of personnel, co-workers would be relieved by other co-workers or a manager. some most days i would only get 15 minutes break in a 12 hr period because if a break in the line would occur everyone would have to come.i enjoyed the challenge of learning new things. What i liked least is when i had a question or an idea about a problem in the workplace that we never had time to talk or walk through it.
Pros
money and hours
Cons
They have too many managers giving orders against each other.
Great place
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 13, 2018
This has been great for me and my family. Management is caring and supportive. Schedule was set, but exceptions could be made. The company works with me and my religion and required days off. I recommend working here.
Collaborative Environment
ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, KSJune 4, 2018
TAMKO was a very beneficial internship that presented me with a great learning experience and positive working environment. The employees were always willing to help out whenever needed.
Weird corporate vibe.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 19, 2018
Very close-quarters environment at the corporate office. Everyone is always breathing down your neck. You can't do anything without sending 150,000 beautifully worded and meticulously edited emails only to have an executive respond "OK".
Great pay, poor managers
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 11, 2018
The job is very physical and stressful. The pay and the benefits are great but I have never worked for a place that the management were constantly out to get their employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
bad
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 20, 2018
bad does not allow time for family time, and the manager I had played a lot of favorites and showed lots of disrespect to us younger employees, but it was a good job
Bad Upper Mangement dissions
Western District Waterproofing Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 31, 2017
They lost focus of customer in the last 2 years.
Upper management thinks they need to know every move from employees and add to work load from micro management stand point which has interfered with the customers.
Tamko sucks you in then will not listen to the commen sense solutions.
Pros
benifits
Cons
work atmosphere
Great Company
Network Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 29, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone who is willing to live in Joplin Missouri. They are very professional and treat their employees very well. The overall culture is very admirable.
Pros
Great Structure and Professionalism
Cons
Its located in Joplin
Safety workplace
Level III Operator (Current Employee) –  Lamar, MONovember 5, 2017
Safety cautious, quality assurance, honesty & integrity workplace. Gives good benefits & profit sharing. Great cost of living raises yearly. Provides training on safety & harassment training yearly.
Pros
Safety is its major concern
Cons
New management has changed plants work schedule
Productive and easy going place to work at.
Research and Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Tamko has a very friendly and easy going enviroment. Every employer I have come across working at Tamko is very helpful and has a positive attitude. Tamko also deals with the black belt program which helps employers become more familiar with management.
Team Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
At the end of the day, everyone is treated fairly. Tamko strives to keep a happy healthy work environment. Team members are selected not hired. Happy place to call home.
Pros
Great pay, profit sharing and misc. Benefits.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa AlabamaMarch 31, 2017
I started there through a temp service never thought it would turn out to be the life changing experience, I was truly blessed to work with some of the greatest group of guys I've ever known. It's a very welcomed environment with lots of good work ethics and strong leadership.
This is a great paying job
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 16, 2017
pays really well, just not worth the stress. Things break down constantly, the yelling, anger and long hours really mess with you mentally. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the 20+ year employees satisfied with your work ethic which is never done.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
High Stress

Comment – March 17, 2017

The people on your crew make the Company as a whole good or bad. I got the best crew ever.

was able to cut up and still get the job done with no repercussions
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 7, 2017
I liked knowing that everyday was going to progress the same as the day before. Always training in progress, all the staff was very helpful.
being allowed to cut up, have food days and still get our job done.
Pros
All Benefits were great, Gave Awards for Service Years
Forklift Operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 27, 2017
I would operate the Forklift on a daily basis to achieve my scheduled work deadlines. I am very knowledgeable of the many mechanical features (boom/scoop, swivel hook, lift beam, grapple, clamps, elevating platform, and trailer hitch) of the Forklift and operate it at all times in a safe manner. I also maintain/inspect the Forklift regularly to keep it in good working condition.
Good working environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, KSJanuary 16, 2017
Good working environment, helpful co-workers, good hours and competitive pay. Good health insurance, paid time off. Availability of cross training in different departments.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Jealousy among office employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAMKO. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight