Tampa Community Hospital Employee Reviews

lack of team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2018
lack of commitment no compassion what so ever for patients. as a prn you do your own schedule well they do it for you the change your schedule if they want they don't care if you have anything to do does days or if you have family
Confortable
CNA (Current Employee) –  3NorthJuly 29, 2017
He adquirido muchos conocimientos y habilidades en esta institucion. Estoy satisfecha con la experiencia adquirida y el apoyo del equipo de trabajo pero mis necesidades personales aun necesito mejorarlas.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2017
Used to love working here but with all the changes in management and a lot of good people leaving, it's hard to work with such a rotating cast of coworkers.
Pros
Co-workers are like family
Cons
No staff retention
A Place where you could call home!
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2016
This was a place for people to learn, and grow into the wonderful employees that they were. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the staff and the ability to assist them in there needs.
Great small community based facility
Preop/Post Recovery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 27, 2016
Productive and caring workplace. Good teamwork with other departments and peers. Superiors are easy to communicate with.
Hospital is a smaller facility and you develop working relationships with all.
My fellow employees are great to work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2016
This is a good place to work.. The people who work here are like a family, and work together as a team. Usually there is enough staff, and the work flow is manageable. Like all hospitals there are days that are overwhelming! I believe the management is good and fair. My life circumstances have changed, and I need to make a change if there is a better option for me.
Great place to work in tampa
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2015
Under general supervision of medical and nursing staff, following policies, procedures and professional guidelines assist with surgical procedures; provides, assembles and cares for surgical supplies, instruments and equipment before, during and after procedures. Assists with cleaning, restocking and processing of the surgical suite, instruments and equipment, as needed. Identifies and reports situations requiring intervention to the RN or Clinician. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values.
It is a great place to work
cna (Current Employee) –  skilled nursing unit and all over the hospitalJuly 24, 2015
I would get a report of each patient. I would take vital signs and do any accu checks needed. I would assist patient to the bathroom and in and out of bed. I would empty foley cathers and urinals. I would empty bedside commodes. I would do the weights. I would chart on each patient.
Pros
It is a great place to work
Cons
Hard to get into the hosp8tal
Work Place
Reistered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2015
Great Place to work. It is a community atmosphere where people work together to make the hospital feel just like home. I would recommend Tampa Community as a place to work especially if you live near the town and country area.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
N/a
Horrible management
Nursing (Current Employee) –  PsychJuly 19, 2015
The psychiatric floor is a joke..patients are mistreated by many staff members with no respect, yet the commander in chief with minimal nursing experience has her own group of favorites.She focuses on paperwork rather than the condition of the unit.It is short staffed and dangerous.I have watched several competent nurses be let go for no appropriate reason due to her heartless behavior. I will continue working here until I find something suitable but it is ironic that upwards of 10 people have quit or been fired in less than a year.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor leadership, unsafe working conditions
Havin to celebrate birthdays and employee off the year selection
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2015
I enjoy avery minute with excellent care of the employees and important benefits on healthcare and rewards and you grow as a person and as a professional
Pros
Fre lunch
Cons
Good compliments when the work is well done
great staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2015
staff is willing to help when needed. Director of ER is experienced in the concerns of the Nursing environment and able to determine issues quickly and resolves them as soon as possible.
Pros
great management
Cons
not enough staff to help
Fun and great experience obtained alot of skills
Deptartment Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2015
Great company to work and grow. staff and patients were the best. Company realy has compassion for its staff and community.
If you work in psych, watch your back.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2015
This hospital was an awesome place to work before HCA came in and jacked it all up. The pay and the hours were fine, but if you work in psych you have no job security. When HCA took over several people in our department starting with our manager where fired. I tried to make the best of a bad situation but that turned out to be a big mistake, since I found out three more people where fired over petty mistakes.
Pros
Good Hours, Good Pay.
Cons
Poor Management, Horrible Leadership.
Great job
HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2015
Great job with wonderful people, friendly place to work. Good food during the day. Great benefits, people are always willing to help out.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
No cafe at night for night workers
Tampa Community Hospital
Director Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2015
TCH is an awesome place to work and live. Tampa is beautiful and a great place to relocate to. The facility has a community focused customer service oriented feel. One of the phenomenal things about Tampa Community Hospital is the attitude of the people that work there. I have never worked at a facility where everyone cares about their patients, their co-workers, their physicians and all the customers they come in contact with. The executive team is one in a million. The management at the facility cares for one another like family. I cannot say enough about how amazing it is to work at a facility like this. If you are motivated, care about high quality patient care, and have an exceptional attitude.....come join us at TCH!
Pros
Work environment
Cons
N/a
The most enjoyable part of the job
Nurse Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJanuary 28, 2015
It is my job to support Tampa Community Hospital to find the talented nurses to join the team. The team I support consists of the Nursing leaders and the Human Resources office at TCH. Consistently the family like feel and communication style of this team always impress me. All day I talk to nurses that have heard from a colleague that works at TCH...about the good relationships they have with their managers and the about working in an environment where they feel they can actually provide the patient care as a nurse they strive to offer.

The facility is spotless and now offers Cath Lab services to the local community that were not available before. The ER continues to draw the community for quality care and is growing with plans of expansion to offer more beds for care.

Also offered at TCH is an opportunity for Psychiatric and Chemical Dependency & Skilled Nursing experience nurses to enter a favorable hospital environment and grow their skills and increase their career growth opportunities in an acute care/hospital bases environment. We just opened a leadership opportunity, Spvsr of Behavioral Health!

Our MICU Director and TCH have worked to offer a comprehensive training program for RNs seeking a chance to expand to ICU. We grow our PCU nurses who are interseted in this area of nursing.

Since our Director of Surgery has joined us, he expanded his staff to support the community needs for surgical services at TCH and is including a new Surgical Services Nurse Educator position to support the SS team.

Our Medical Surgical Nurse manager is an advocate for new
  more... nurses looking for an opportunity to join TCH. If you have prior LPN experience other RN experience this is a great opportunity!

Come visit TCH!
Pros
Spotless environment, Happy co-workers are spreading the news, Community Hospital feel with large HCA Hospital System Pay, Benefits and Career Opportunities
Cons
Increased Patient Visits, Need talented Nurses, We need you!
Great place, great people
Director of Patient Safety/Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2014
I recently transferred here from out of state. I am very impressed with the quality of people the facility has put together since their transition to an HCA facility. The leadership is young and dynamic. They are committed to providing quality care to the community.
Productive, Very busy
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TampaAugust 11, 2014
These services include reception, communication, clerical duties,
coordination of non-clinical tasks, and safety measures,
answering the telephone, providing information to doctors, nurses,
answering requests on the patient intercom system,
Taking and delivering messages. coordinate patient services.
Responsible for transcribing physicians' orders, filing information in patients' charts,Scheduling tests and appointments for patients keeping records and keeping supplies and equipment stocked.

I have learned and seen a lot working there. ( Physician Hand writing, How much Patient Care is so important,

Hardest Part of the Job is staying calm, Being talk to from 20 different is not easy but it is doable.

I enjoy working with the nurses and Doctors, and being able to help so many people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tampa Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Tampa Community Hospital Reviews by Location