Tampa General Hospital Employee Reviews

Registered Medical Assistant (Reason for looking (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2018
None to discuss at this time. Not a good company to work for. They do not listen to concerns. Work you to much and compensation. This is the 3rd ceo we have had
Fun and family friendly
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  FlotOctober 12, 2018
TGH is a family Hospital! If you had a situation it was nothing for the co workers to jump in and help! The Doctors were very nice and respectful! No one felt as they were better then the other no matter the title. TGH was my second family away from home. I use to go to St Joseph"s for care but after working at TGH I can go anywhere else!
Pros
Benefits, friends, and family
Great Experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time here as a student nurse, staff was very welcoming and encouraged learning. Nurses are willing to teach students and will go out of their way to teach you if you show initiative and enthusiasm.
great place to learn
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2018
Tampa General Hospital is an excellent learning institution. as a level one trauma center, it is one of the best in Florida. Many opportunities for advancement. strong support of Nurses and providing assistance with educational advancement
If you are a nurse or a physician, you are untouchable. God help the rest
unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2018
Physicians treat the employees however they want, mostly unkind. If you are an RN, you can advance to a better department fairly quickly, otherwise, you will have to stay in your spot until a miracle happens. If you strive to become part of the Davis Island Cult, then this is the right spot for you.
Good
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Tampa General Hospital was a good experience.Caring about employees.Fair salary.Good nurse managers.Good co workers.Safety is no.1.Has 3 psych units.I would not hesitate to work back there.
excellent growth opportunities
RN Acute Care (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2018
12 hours shifts
learned a lot during residency program
the hardest part of the job is patient/nurse ratio
a lot of education offered on permanent basis
ok
Computer Application Developer/Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2018
this was a very fine company to work at, Leadership was very good. Work hours where great. Company involvement was very exciting.
The team work was great and rewarding. There where a lot of meeting and everyone was encouraged to participate .
I enjoyed my time
ULTRASOUND TECH STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Tampa General is a good place to work. The pay and benefits are reasonable, management varies by department. The parking situation leaves much to be desired, but it's doable. I would return to work there if the situation arose.
Pros
Decent pay, good hospital
Cons
parking
Prepare to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Worked in food service and with patients. I loved how fast paced it was until I had one of the busiest service floors 7 & 8 with little or no help. It was humanly impossible to do everything without your running shoes. My co-workers were sweet and patient-centric!
Pros
Free meal discounts (only for dietary)
Cons
Parking is off-site, park and shuttle
Every Friday Happy Hour after work to celebrate how great Tampa General is
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Tampa General Hospital is a great facility to work. We have phenomenal staff that works here. We have moment's here sometime it's like really?? but we come together as a team and overcome any issue's that occur.
Pros
Great people I work with
Cons
Salary too low
Friendly And Great Place To Work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Tampa General Is A Great Hospital I Love All Nurses And Employees I Have Worked With Everyone Is Very Friendly And Helpful All Mangers Are Great At What They Do Its A Fast Pace Environment To Work At And Thats My Type Of Speed All Patients Are Well Taking Care Of At All Times
Pros
Good Benfits
Cons
Shorts Breaks
TGH is going places
Medical Assistant Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2018
TGH is concentraing on growing from within. Using what they have more effectivelyand doing more with it. They are working to improve the quality and effectivness of the care patients are given.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
pay rate for M.A's could be alot more competitive
Bias management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2018
The manager in outpatient pharmacy is very biased. Most of the employees transferred with her from a previous pharmacy so their is quite some favoritism. Most concerns brought to the attention of management never really got resolved and a lot of the younger technicians made it seem like a mean girl scenario. I would say its not really short staffed so its not too stressful, just ignore the drama and gossip and you should be fine.
Pros
good pay
Cons
biased employer
Productive and good place to learn.
Lift Team Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2018
Great moral. Good benefits and tuition reimbursement program. Great work opportunities. Nice people work here and they are very helpful. Management is pretty good and they appreciate a hard worker who is reliable. Transportation is pretty good with the shuttles they provide however parking should be free for employees. You should not have to pay to park at work in my opinion. Overall great place to work and learn.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great Place to Work!
Financial Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work. Great experience. New opportunities everyday. Location is wonderful. And cafe is open for night shift and that is always a plus. Experience with teaching hospital. Level one trauma center. Many specialty floors to get experience from. Rotation programs. Best in Tampa Bay area.
Advancement is possible
CST/CSFA, EVH, Cardiac/Transplant Surgery (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2018
If you truly have the desire to work hard and advance your self and your skill set it is absolutely possible at TGH. Expect to work and work hard when applying for a job at TGH.
Pros
Skill set advancement and other advancement is possible.
Cons
breaks don't always happen, lunches may be short, and there is A LOT OF CALL.
Great place to work!
Transplant Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
I loved my job and my team in the Transplant Department. Definitely one of the best managers I've ever had. The employees are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Not an innovative place to work
Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
I have been working here a few years now and there has been no room for advancement and when people leave those positions are dissolved and we take on their work.

There is no career ladder and there is no way for you to make waves or stand out because it is seen in a negative light. Software here with Epic is seen as less than the hardware side of things and those in the software departments are miserable.

From our IT meetings you can see that leadership continually praises the hardware side for their 'hard' work since there is no real opportunity to show what we are even doing on the software side of the house.

Those of us that are unappreciated are just waiting for Baycare to go to Epic. TGH needs to put more time and effort into their good employees.

Management cannot come from people that have no experience and are just good looking and liked.. this is how TGH continually has nice people who have no idea what they are doing in high management positions.

Won't last long in this new day in age with our new GE center that will make us world class if you have no analyst to build better software.
Pros
there's a plan
Cons
not enough employees motivated or enticed to put the plan into action
The best work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2018
The general hospital of tampa is the best work place that anyone can have, I am going out of the hospital because I move to miami but I hurt because my work team is the best of the world
Pros
Is the best
Cons
N/a