Tampa General Hospital
72Above average

Tampa General Hospital Employee Reviews

United States749 reviews
If you are passionate about a specific type specialty care, make certain to ask for help to meet your goals. It can be done.
Overall TGH is one of the best hospitals in the region. It takes hard work but it can be done. The organization has the tools needed for you to grow in the health care industry.
Not enough support from management.
My review is based on the management in TGH. The patients are very critical. Some patient in med/surg unit should be in the ICU. And you are constantly in the edge. Very stressful environment.
Bad place to work
This company allow other employees to hit other employees and nothing is done, when you complain they make you feel like it was your fault, when ask for transfer they tell you they will have to tell the hiring manager about anything negative that happened or errors you did while under distress of being bullied.
Great experince not so great pay
Perfect job other than compensation. wanted trauma ER like I had a Shands @ UF and found it, but pay was very low and considering the traffic and parking it just was not worth it to me. Otherwise great company to work for.
Wonderful palce
During the short months of working here in Tampa General Hospital, they have done nothing but teach me new things. Showed real concern for there patients and employees and have done nothing but amazing work. Great place to work.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Toxic and Political
I always thought people who complained about politics at work were just whiners. I thought movies making fun of corporate environments were fiction. Then I started working at TGH.
Great Co-Workers , alot of work with little pay.
Great Place for experience for a new graduate nurse.
Little Pay for the amount of work that is required, especially for many of us experienced nursed. If your a travel nurse your compensated for it but as staff your not.
Nurse Transplant
Good place to work except not flexibility with shifts, hours such as 10 hour shifts when the job could easily be done working 10 hour shifts. Charge nurse had significantly less patients when others were overloaded.
Productive company
I been with TGH for ten years and i like the way the system work , my coworkers , My benefits are good . I really enjoy work in this hospital is been my family for the last decade and i been part of many changes apply for all of us .
Benefits
Cons
Outsoursing
Nice place to work
Enjoyable place to work. Nice to receive a gift card during the holiday season. Always opportunities to advance in education on site and off site. Offer tuition reimbursement which is a plus
Pros
Perks for employees during the holiday
Cons
Short lunch
Advanced pharmacy practice at a Level I Trauma Center
Although my responsibilities changed depending on the area in which I was working, the pharmacy department is extremely well organized. Hospital administration is very supportive of pharmacy advancement.
good
good company to work, good benefits and good equipment to work and safety place to work, everything is clean and organizer, the supervisor is a good person.
Health and safety
Tampa General is a great teaching hospital. I worked there for 5 years and I learned something new daily. I’m enjoyed helping others and providing care
Your white board is not updated.
Your patient could be on fire and management would give you instructions how to retrieve a bucket of water instead of helping you. Understaffing is the norm. Management doesn’t care and is not available for discussion. The only thing they care about is their customer satisfaction rating. Staff is constantly changing due to burnout.
Very patient centric
The organization is in a constant fluid motion to be better and to be the best, with that comes with positives and negatives. TGH is set on becoming world-class and I do believe that will be achieved sooner rather than later. They are a great company to work for.
Very busy
Very competitive if you're a hard worker. Each person is responsible for his/her productivity. Must know insurance, data entry, and a master at customer service skills.
A good job when...
I strongly believe that working at TGH was an eye opening experience for me and at moments I enjoyed. Transport was amazing while SRC had its moments.
It's a lot of work for pay.
I would like to continue demonstrating my lavorade skills and continue learning new things.
Enjoyable experience
TGH has been a good place to work at. I have learned many new skills which will be helpful to me. They have showed flexibility with my schedule. Benefits are also very good.
Like a large, smart family
Excellent place to work if you like fast paced and challenging work. Must have good people/soft skills to be successful. The hospital has very nice facilities and is centrally located. It's company that I'm always proud say I work at. The people are the best part of the job. The jobs are tough but the people make it worth it.
Thoughtful
Very much well kept up hospital with a lot of loving caring workers who is all for helping other’s all color or size’s, whom they don’t discriminate against no one.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tampa General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight