Tampa General Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Endless opportunities
UNIT CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
I had an overall great experience working at TGH. What I loved most about working and being part of the community was the diversity, great benefits, the opportunity to grow within the company. They acknowledge staff's birthdays with monthly breakfast, and great prizes. The pay could always be better however. It was a great opportunity for me to be part of TGH mission, vision and goals and that's "putting patients first every single time.
Pros
benefits, holiday perks, monthly breakfast birthday
Cons
parking
Absolutely Enjoed It
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2018
TGH has always been my dream job. I cried once offered the position as a phlebotomist. I will say TGH has been the best company that I have ever worked for. I honestly wish I could return to work for them again. But aside from the joy I get when I hear TGH mentioned, I felt a bit persuaded to leave due to extremely poor management in my department during the time I worked for TGH. I was not pleased at the moral of the the so called leadership positioned. If God could grant me another chance to work there I’d go back. Great staff from the CEO’s to the landscaping team, great patients great service to the employees.
Pros
Everything except one thing
Cons
Department Management
Fast past environment
Dietary ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2018
Great benefits everyone’s nice only thing I hate is that employees have to park off site the food could be better selection on the weekend other than that everything eles is good
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Have to park off site
Productive and laid back
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
The company is ok, the only thing I dislike is the pay rate. Beside that the work is very easy and the environment is pretty positive, co-workers easy to deal with.
Overall workplace experience
Registered Nurse, OB/GYN-Labor and Delivery Unit (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2018
Tampa General Hospital is an exciting and challenging place to work. It has multiple opportunities for growth and skill enhancement, and encourages employees to partake.
Good program
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2018
Good perioperative program. Promotes learning. Provides didactic and well as clinical experience. Helpful staff and management. Flexible hours and on-call.
Patient transport
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2018
Our Patient transport team has some of the best managers you will find any where. Every one for the most part is very nice. You get a chance to travel around the hospital and deal with all kind of paitines. It is a great place to work if you are trying to find what job fits you best.
fast paced intense environment
Neurology and Neurosurgery Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2018
This hospital is decent overall to work for. Education is promoted. Management is willing to work with people to a degree- as long as it doesnt interfere with their or the hospital's agenda. pay could be better.
Horrible OR teams
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2018
Was very poorly treated by anesthesia staff, most of them would pass you in the halls and not say a word. Not only that when they would finally talk to you it was negative and rude.
Some Floors Are great but A lot of the nurses are rude
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2018
The Benefits of working at TGH was that you could put them on your resume. The nurses and techs are over worked and underpaid. Which cause for patients to have bad experiences.
I am a contractor with Dex Imaging work in the mailroom
Document Imaging Technician-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2018
It is very busy sorting mail on Mondays. Tuesday through Friday is steady work. Its good that we have off on the weekends. You can apply for Dex Imaging for different job positions.
Pros
1 hour lunch break and receive beneftis vacation and time off.
Cons
work as a contractor with Dex Imaging no raises
Emergency Room CAT Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2018
Great place to work. Very advanced hospital and nationally recognized in many fields. TGH offers many benefits to it's employees, including a on-campus gym and trainers, tuition reimbursement.
Nice work place
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2018
Nice place to work with a excelent environment. A place to grow up as an employee. Excelent treat to patient when they arrived to a emergency room. Administration are excelent.
Wonderful place to work
Patient/Physician Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2018
Wonderful working environment and would recommend TGH to anyone looking for a job. Management was also very understanding and great to work with. I learned a lot working for TGH.
I have great days here!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2018
TGH is a teaching facility and I have been so fortunate to work with a physician that is eager to teach me along the way daily. At times physicians are just to busy and if you are not an actual student following them around the facility then what you van benefit from them is nothing compared to the student who follows them. I am not a student but my doctor will literally stop what he is doing and draw me a graph if he feels that is how I am going to grasp it. What a luck girl I am.
Pros
Teaching facility, great benefits, leniency and job security
Cons
Pay, Some management, and off site parking for employees
stressful but make it fun
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2018
always short staffed. a lot of call outs. No communication at all. management wanted you to take the workload for two people. management never wanted to get insights from employees.
Poor Management
Residency Nurse Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2018
Manager take side and loves to gossip. Blames the staff for gossiping when the gossip she started gets out of control. Never has an answer for basic job questions. Does not hold people accountable very poor leadership behavior.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
No one listen and management is poor overall.
a typical day at work
Support Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2018
a typical day of work coming in the morning, making sure that my sub sterile were all stock. The Patient room had to be kept nice n sterile. My typical day also transporting the patient as to when they need to go to the o.r. The things that I’ve learned as my first time working in a hospital was interacting with the patients and making them smile and letting them know that they were in good hands.The hardest part of my days were losing a patient it was heartbreaking, and the most enjoyable part of my day was making the nurses laugh on a very stressful day.
a great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
I loved working here, good work environment, friendly staff, they give you opportunity to cross-train for other position. not too stressful at times.
Tgh
Certified Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2018
Tampa General Hospital is committed to serving all residents of West Central Florida. We provide comprehensive health services, ranging from wellness and primary care to the most complex specialty care and post-acute services. Our care reflects a patient-centered approach, and our services are delivered in an exceptional manner, with benchmark performance in clinical outcomes, care processes, cost-effectiveness, and patient experience. With our unique blend of academic and other healthcare partners, we play a special role in supporting medical education and research in our region.