Tampa General Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
a typical day at work
Support Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2018
a typical day of work coming in the morning, making sure that my sub sterile were all stock. The Patient room had to be kept nice n sterile. My typical day also transporting the patient as to when they need to go to the o.r. The things that I’ve learned as my first time working in a hospital was interacting with the patients and making them smile and letting them know that they were in good hands.The hardest part of my days were losing a patient it was heartbreaking, and the most enjoyable part of my day was making the nurses laugh on a very stressful day.
a great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
I loved working here, good work environment, friendly staff, they give you opportunity to cross-train for other position. not too stressful at times.
Tgh
Certified Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2018
Tampa General Hospital is committed to serving all residents of West Central Florida. We provide comprehensive health services, ranging from wellness and primary care to the most complex specialty care and post-acute services. Our care reflects a patient-centered approach, and our services are delivered in an exceptional manner, with benchmark performance in clinical outcomes, care processes, cost-effectiveness, and patient experience. With our unique blend of academic and other healthcare partners, we play a special role in supporting medical education and research in our region.
no parking for employes
PCT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2018
I work almost a year and was really annoying that the employees have to drive to willow ave and leave the car there and take a shuttle to work . they should make another parking next to the hospital
Tgmg sun city
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2018
A typical work day at TGMG was to get pts. ready for the Dr as soonest they arrived, I learned a lot while working there the hardest part of the job was not be able to accommodate every one due to the schedule conflict. I loved working for TGH like any other work place you have your ups and downs. TGH helped me grow while I was employed by them. I will miss all my co-workers.
Pros
pay rate was good
Cons
policies DID NOT APPLY TO EVERY ONE!
patient friendly goal including encouraging breastfeeding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2018
I have worked there 22 years because I love my job and the people I work with are family. TGH has encouraged me to increase my knowledge and helped me complete my masters degree by payingfor part of my tuition and flexible scheduling.
Pros
education provided
Cons
often no dinner break and overworked
A true workplace for growth
Accounting Assistant/Corporate Accounts (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2018
Tampa General Hospital (TGH) was a great workplace. TGH offered plenty of room for growth and well as offered to reimburse for higher education. Going to work at TGH was like going to the gym for the brain. Very high volume invoices and fast paced work environment.
Love working with the kids
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2018
I truly enjoyed my job helping the children. They are so strong and resilient, made each day one to cherish. Every situation was different, and all hold a special spot in my heart. I love working with children and helping them heal and become even stronger.
great teaching hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2018
I learned a lot working at TGH. I worked as an RN there for 6 years. I enjoyed the teaching style of the hospital. Always something new to learn. Co-workers always eager to lend a hand. No complaints.
ER Financial Counselor
ER Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2018
It’s a fast pace work environment, it’s always busy in the emergency Department so your constantly running around. It’s a lot of standing and your constantly on your feet. Your work station is a rover that it is hard to push around. The department is disorganized. And you rarely get time off.
Pros
Heath benefits
Cons
Management are disorganized and lack communication with each other and overworked
Excellent place to work
Unit Secretary/Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2018
Excellent benefits
Excellent opportunities to learn and improve skills.
Excellent ways to interact with a diverse group of cultures.
Excellent ways to grow as an individual.
Pros
Benefits, diverse, opportunites
Cons
diverse personalities
good
Radiology Technologist lll (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2018
nice place, nice people and good food. very busy. excellent surgery dept. great doctors. a great experience. Fast pace, up to date with with what is going in the industry.
Great place to work, just needs some better direction
SENIOR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2018
My managers are great supporters of our work, encouraging us to develop our skills to the best of our ability. The only two drawbacks I've seen are their seeming inability to say 'No' to the mountain of requests coming our way and to decide on the next reporting platform.
Pros
Great medical insurance, friendly co-workers and bosses
Cons
Lack of direction
productive and fun
Patient care tech (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2018
Tampa General hospital is the best hospital to work at, especially for new nurses. they have a very good rotation program. I high recommend tampa general hospital
Best hospital in FL to work for!
Laboratory Technician I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2018
This hospital is by far the best place to work at. So many opportunities for advancement. Great benefits and they also help you go back to school with help with your financial intuition. I've had 3 different jobs within this hospital and all have help me earn more experience and opportunity for growth.
productive
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2018
Tampa General was a great place to work they had a lot of great things such as birthday breakfast every month for all employees each department had a week to be acknowledge it was awesome
Pros
Birthday breakfast win great prizes
Cons
when people call out the work load got very heavy
Great Hospital
Equipment & Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
Tampa General is a great hospital for both patients, families, and employees. Very caring staff, doctors, and managers. Enjoyed working in several departments.
Pros
Over-time
Cons
Great place to work but you need thick skin to deal with ultrasound manager
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2018
The hardest part about the job there is dealing with the ultrasound manager. She is very difficult to work for. There are no set standards across the boards and all employees are not held to the same standards. There has been a tremendous turnover in the past year due to her managing skills or lack there of.
Cons
Ultrasound manager.
Hospital setting
Distribution Technician I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2018
come in to work. Immediatly open boxes that arrive from owens and minors and put the supplies on the cart for others to put on the shelf in the department.
Fast-Paced/stressful environment but good coworkers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2018
The job is definitely physically and emotionally demanding. I think the pay should reflect that but it doesn't. Very political at times but having a good team made the days bearable. Having nice patients also made the day better. Overall, if this is what you like to do then great job but if you want to make a livable wage then maybe not.

Worked there from 2015-2016.
Pros
Great coworkers and some nice patients, health benefits
Cons
Short Staffed, low compensation