Tampa General Hospital Employee Reviews

Information Technology Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Good place to work. Flexibility to work from home and autonomy to carry out demands of the job. Very energetic CEO who has a great vision for the organization
good
Home Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2019
good love working there. it was a very great job, love the people as well as my co-workers. we all love working as CNA as well as other job me and my co-workers had.
Work place at Brandon HealthPlex
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Typical day at work, was very busy with registering patients, and Phlebotomy with processing lab specimens. I learned a lot of the billing aspect, and processing lab specimens. Management, was ok, other then I did not fill like they back the employee. the culture was a great place, The hardest part of the job when every one left at 3pm and I was left alone to do all the registration and blood draw plus and processing blood specimens, at times it got very stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was my patients, and knowing they were pleased with services. and the accuracy I gave to them
Pros
weekends off
Cons
not having enough team play
Maintenance medicine
MEDICAL ASSISTANT TECH 3 (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Great company to work for if you want to advance your career. Tuition reimbursement is offered after 6 months. Medical benefits are one of the best in the area.
Excellent facility; favoritism can hinder progression
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Excellent clinical opportunities and healthcare direction. I wouldnt bring my family anywhere else, but be wary of your managers as they tend to play favorites. Also cliques are apparent and veterans usually get preference
awesome company
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2019
great place to work with benefits and completive salary
help with school
team work
pension
career growth
lots of oppournity
I have worked there almost 10 years and I would change
It was a good and safe place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Tampa General Hospital was a good and safe place to work. The staff where always very nice and appreciative to one another no matter what position you were in. The medical staff where always caring and supportive of their patients and other medical and non medical staff members. Highly recommend this hospital for your medical career.
Pros
employee benefits, ability to seek medical attention immediately
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2018
typical work day, learned to craft my skills, Management fair and objective. Hardest part of my job is not accomplishing my own personal task. most enjoyable part was putting a smile on my patients face despite what they were going through.
Productive and fun work place
Dietary Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2018
Working at TGH for me was a great experience this is a job that allows you to move up in your profession. Everyone works with a smile. I learned working at TGH that compassion is the medicine we all need in life. The patients and staff I worked with were simply amazing. Sometimes we were short staffed and some of us had a little more work piled on us, but we all came together and got everything done. I loved knowing everyday that I woke up I was on my way to brighten someones day.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great benefits, Loving environment
Great place- magnet and learning
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2018
This is a great place to really gain knowledge and be part of a professional group of nurses. Tons of experience to be gained and the culture is one of support.
The people are great to work with except upper management.attitude is very nasty sometimes.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2018
Management in unit tries to intimidate people,threatening to write you up about something. Even if it was not your fault. No cell use,but RNs do daily
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Not good management.
Pastoral Care at Tampa General
Pool Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2018
Tampa General Pastoral Care department is a great place to work. Coworkers are kind, caring and supportive of each other. The department is quite busy and the work is quite diverse and it's rarely dull. My most enjoyable part of the job are the patients, families, caregivers and staff that I'm called on to offer spiritual support. As a resident, my training has been thorough, eyeopening and fantastic. The CPE supervisors are excellent at what they do!
Fun workplace, great co-workers
Head Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2018
It is a fun workplace with great co-workers. Wide variety of customers and patients with different backgrounds. Used to bake everything fresh and from scratch, however this is no longer happening.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great place to work; cultured and innovative
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2018
TGH is a great place to work. Management is very considerate of the balance between home life and work life. They have great benefits and wellness opportunities for employees.

In my current position, I've learned a lot of key skills such as project management, database administration, customer service, leadership, time management, and teamwork.

My personal concern is the lack of compensation for doing work that is not part of the job description.
Pros
healthcare benefits, wellness opportunities
Cons
Little to no compensation for work outside of job description
wrok day
Catering Associate/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2018
long busy days 12 hour shifts feeding patients on special doctors orders pantients coming off npo diets computer skills put in orders changing orders updated orders for all patients removing an delivering trys to patients
Pros
working with great people an staff
Cons
mangment needs inprovement
Very good work place
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2018
I work here more than 10 years. This hospital is motivated to improve patients' care at all times. It is always put patients first. It is clean. Team work is emphasized.
na
Financial Assistance Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2018
Great place to work. management is nice. four hour work days offered. good medical benefits. nice time off lunch is good. staff is nice. cafeteria has a great selection of food offerings
Okay to work for
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2018
Good benefits and learning hospital enjoyed working there when I did. The hospital could put more money on the inside verses just the outside or what people see. Meaning there are a lot of improvements that could be done with the equipment etc that people do not see that made my job hard.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Cheap keep up
TGH Premiere Hospital
Registered Nurse Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33606November 7, 2018
The starting pay is the lowest in the Bay area, but what they don't pay you in hourly wages you get back through benefits and knowledge gain. TGH is , in my opinion, the best hospital in the bay area.
Pros
Learning environment, benefits packets, best hospital around (my opinion)
Cons
lowest pay in the bay area for nurses
PT student point of view
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2018
As an intern PT student in the neuro ICU I typically saw a lot of highly involved patients. Many times is was difficult to get an accurate of the workplace environment as much of the nursing staff was were randomly assigned to patient rooms on a daily basis. I enjoyed working with some of the OTs. I only worked with 1 PT my entire 8 weeks which was my clinical instructor.
Pros
Great teaching hospital with a budget to buy needed equipment for patients.