Tampa International Airport Employee Reviews

it was challenging
Customer Service Rep and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2018
it was fun and very challenging work place its safe anf convienient on my schedule its a fast paced environment.busy but enjoying and meeting new different paople eveytime.
faced paced
Electrician 1 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2018
Great for benefits, entry level positions and learning new skills. You can also advance and work in different departments. You see and meet a lot of new people.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2018
Tough job
Independent
Very fast paced
This job allowed me to achieve the skills to professionally detail vehicles
Great workplace
Great people
One of my favorite jobs
custodian at tampa international
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day at work for me was nothing crazy but definitely busy. I was a custodian at the airport, and I was in charge of any given section of the airport on any given day to maintain and keep clean. I had to get rid of trash, sweep floors, and occasionally clean the bathrooms.
Loved it!!!
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2018
I had a choice to leave and make more money to support my family or stay i choose to leave just because of my family needs. I love working for the City of Tampa and thank them for the 18+ years.
N/a
Commisary worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLFebruary 2, 2018
It's hard to say, it was. A good job but certain manger work difficult to work with. We just didn't see eye to eye on scheduling to better work with my school hours but those manger have been let go also . So I would say apply
The best job
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 25, 2017
I wish I never left this job all I did was cut fruit put them in cups and put stickers on them it was the BEST job I ever had. I was just the only English speaking person in their but I still loved it.
Pros
Paid lunch
Lack of career development or advancement
Finance Revenue & Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2017
Management not interested in developing employees. Lack of opportunity for growth. Great work-life balance. Unfair treatment if not on leadership team.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Lack of Career Development
Fast paced and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2017
Typical day was fast paced always busy with something to do. Enjoyed keeping as busy as possible and helping the customers leave with a great experience.
Pros
Always busy with something.
Cons
N/a
productive fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2017
it is always fun to meet people from around the world and help customers.Management is very professional and kind.It is a fast paced and friendly environment.
The work place has great value an great people
Assisant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
To communicated and help other people is very exciting for me.
I enjoy meeting people from every where. I guess that's why I enjoy working at the airport so much. The fact that I can help someone is a very good feeling for me. I enjoy learning different languages and different cultures. A Typical Day at work is fun, exciting, and it feels like a family. Every day at the beginning of a shift, there's already a very good vibe with supportive first bumps and wishing each other well on a good shift. Everyone is willing to help and teach you how to do things you're unsure of, as well as encouraging each other to get trained and learn for more experience. I've learned a lot from this company, and it has made me feel important in the whole process and privileged to be around airplanes and specialized vehicles. The management truly care about your safety, and have vowed to stand by your side when it comes to ensuring the safe travel of the customers and the work environment of their employees. The Hardest part of the job would be leaving to go home! But the job itself and all the friends I've made are hands down the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Stress-Free job, exciting, and fun, with great pay.
Cons
Too Many long hours, Short off staff
Good Employer but could use some work
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2017
Overall, I would say my experience working with TPA or SSP America has been positive. My only complaint is with any cook or cashier job, there is a lot of room to be disorganized. They are disorganized with their schedules, hiring process, and in general with "following up" with current employees. This job definitely has its ups and downs, and the hours are consistent, which is good. It just has a lot of drama, and I wish I could enjoy coming work more than I do.
Pros
50% SSP restaurants, 10 % at airport shops
Cons
Short breaks, flaky managment
Ambiente competitivo
Asistente de Gerente (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2017
Evaluación federal con permisos para acceder a área restringida.
A fun easy going workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2016
I enjoy being a retail sales associate and working with others. My co workers do a great job as being team players. The management is on point with everything. I love my job, its my second home.
Productive work place
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 20, 2016
Hard work but not imposible to do, hardest part of this job was the heavy equipment but I learned how to used and keep evevything clean and on place, all my co-workers where nice and free to help you and we do a good teamwork
Great working environment
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2016
Working with many departments as a management intern, I've learned the many types of management and different skills to be able to put to use thanks to the experience.
knoledgeable
SHOP MANAGER JOSEPH EMPIRE CUTZ (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYOctober 26, 2016
TPA is not the one that is unprofessional. ABM Parking are the ones that are unprofessional, unorganized and no E.O.E. . A daily work shift tat ABM is very stressful sometimes. Its not stressful due to the job responsibility, it is due to the fact that there are some employees that make a daily duty very hard to get done.
Pros
knoledgeable
Cons
no lunches, change shifts without informing individual....
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
working at the airpotrt
detailer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2015
•Always offers ideas to solve problems based on good information and sound judgment.
•Displays initiative and enthusiasm during everyday work.
•Conducts research or seeks counsel of experts to gather information needed in making actual decisions
Tampa Internation Airport
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed working at the airport because of the interaction with clients and co-workers. The diversity of backgrounds was amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tampa International Airport. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2