Tanana Chiefs Conference Employee Reviews

Director (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 4, 2018
Tanana Chiefs Conference Inc. is a great place to work. TCC provides outstanding service to beneficiaries in a culturally appropriate manner. I highly recommend working for Tanana Chiefs Conference, Inc.
Pros
Great Healthcare, Benefits and PTO
Cons
It is a great place to work.
ER RN (Current Employee) –  Tok, AKFebruary 4, 2018
I have been given the responsibility of setting up the Urgent Care area and caring for the emergency level patients. I have enjoyed getting to build it from the start of the opening in 2015. The management is caring and good to work with.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long drive to work every day, Call is required which is fine but the pay for call is low. We have shared living quarters, I prefer private quarters .
Good Company to work for
Lead Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 17, 2018
Tanana Chiefs is a great organization to get into. There are many fields to apply in and training and advancement are available in many areas as well. The company works to take care of their employees and show appreciation for their hard work.
Best company to showcase your abilities
Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 7, 2017
Tanana Chiefs is a diverse nonprofit corporation. I learned that the effort I put in is well rewarded and enjoyed many friends. The hardest part of the job is when a funded project ends and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with talented positive coworkders.
Great family-like work environment. Awesome benefits!
Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center Director (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AK 99701September 19, 2017
TCC is a great company to work for. It feels like a family company, and there is a lot of support for work/life balance from administration. Benefits are great, too.
Beign a teacher aide is very rewarding
Head Start Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Huslia, AKMay 1, 2017
Working with my co-workers and the children was a blessing. I was able to learn as the year went on and Tanana Chiefs provided training and also online classes to further my education. I was very grateful for working with them and my team. I was very sad to leave the community. If I had a chance to work with them again I would.
Tanana Chief Conference
Certified Medical Coder-Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 5, 2017
Great organization to work for., Family oriented work place.
Great leadership and supportive team/supervisor/ coworkers.
able to get on the job training and grow within my department
great
Performer (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 20, 2017
a typical day at work would be performing with a group of awesome people and meeting people from all over the world. This was my very first job so I learned so much.
I actually was an independent contractor working for Tanana Chiefs Conference so my interactions are completely different than a daily personnel.
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 11, 2017
Again, I did not work within TCC so I have no typical day to make remarks on. What I did was monitor my clients' progress in their ability to follow through with simple tasks, gain an entry level position or enroll into a form of furthering education. I had to maintain bi-weekly phone calls and then write up call-logs according to their progress which were turned in monthly with a purchase order.
Cons
It was next to impossible to get feed back from my supervisor.
ever expanding possibites for cultural and professional development.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 8, 2017
A very motivating place of employment. Always a possibility of advancement in any choice of the employee. Very community based and oriented.
Pros
pay, benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
within the security department there weren't many peraonal protective measures provided for guards.
Never a dull moment with daily opportunities to overcome new and diverse challenges.
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 20, 2015
TCC is an organization that strives to meet the needs of a remote and diverse population. While the main focus is on healthcare, the organization also address the needs of individuals that range from TANF to housing. There are great opportunities to make a huge difference in an under served population's quality of life and being a part of that is priceless.
Pros
Great benefits package, to include generous paid time off.
Cons
Providing quality care in rural Alaska comes with many challenges.
loved my job
Pharmacy system help desk/administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 5, 2015
loved my job and what i did
learned alot about indian health services
loved my co workers
i loved helping patients and co workers and learning all that i can
Pros
benifits salary
Cons
managemetn
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Nulato, AKApril 29, 2015
Enjoyed the company of Elder as I cooked and cleaned for him. Great stories. enjoy helping others not able to help themselves
Pros
communicating with elder
Cons
not enough hours
Computer use,
Bookkeeper- Hughes AK (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 10, 2015
I did alot of Payroll and pay taxes, and iam taking time off from Firefighting, so I would like to find a good job and stay with it
Productive and Fun place to work.
Health Information Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AK 99701February 10, 2015
Scanning, documenting personal health information, to ensure that our patients are protected. Having scanned documents at your fingertips is quick and efficient.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
personal leave
Scanning, Tracking and running reports
Health Information Management Technician (Current Employee) –  122 1st ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701December 2, 2014
I run reports for the director of our department, there was very little training, I am expected to know what I am doing with the software provided for our department with no training. This is a seditary job I do a lot of sitting, I am use to being on the GO!!!!
A very productive place to work.
Headstart Janitor and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ruby, AKNovember 3, 2014
A very good place to gain real world experience. Cleaning and janitorial work. Carpentry work also.
Pros
none.
Cons
none.
constant work with good job security.
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 27, 2014
There was a lot of required travel out of town for up to two weeks. This is hard for people with families. There was not a lot of cohesion among employees because it was constantly competition. The boss was very quiet and did not communicate well.
Pros
job security
Cons
organization, playing favorites
TCC my manager was the worst ever he had no clue and still doesn't.
BILLING OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 16, 2014
I loved my job and the employee best group of people I've worked with
Great Benefits but that is about it
Health Services (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 24, 2014
TCC Health has the ability to have a centralized health clinic in Fairbanks and serve 42 remote villages. The benefits are really good. There is untrained management and no accountability for staff. Once hired HR will give limited to no assistance for any issues you may come across.
On the flip side the new clinic is absolutely beautiful. There is always a new service that is being added to better serve the patient population.
Caution if you are non-Native you may have difficulties with the work atmosphere and the way you are treated.
Pros
12 paid holidays, 401k, flexibility in schedules
Cons
unprofessional atmosphere, HR not any help, Poor management