Tanger Outlets Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Lots of work for low pay
Onsite Supervisor/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAApril 26, 2018
Difficult property management, they expected top pay results for bottom level payscale. Regional management was extremely pleased with results obtained, despite onsite management issues.
Great Company, People First
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Blowing Rock, NCApril 5, 2018
I appreciate working for Tanger. The company offers a great, supportive culture and provides philanthropy projects all year long. I get paid to help make a difference and have fun doing it. The company encourages innovative thinking and trusts people to do their job without micromanaging. There is a great support from the corporate level to succeed. They invest in training to ensure you know your role thoroughly and are there to help when needed.
Official response from Tanger Outlets
May 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback. We appreciate your commitment to Tanger and thank you for your service!

Fun company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIMarch 28, 2018
Lots of customer service and help with Lounge by stocking product of customers to enjoy. Employees were fun to work with and enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Watch your back
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXFebruary 3, 2018
This job was sometimes stressful because there was so much to do. I enjoyed it very much overall. Very nice co-workers and customers.
Hardest part of the job was getting all assigned tasks done in a timely manner. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to laugh with co-workers.
Pros
One hour lunch, great co-workers, nice customers.
Cons
Too much to do at times, not enough time to complete assigned tasks.
Awesome Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 13, 2017
Tanger is a GREAT company that cares very much for its employees. If you are willing to put in the sweat, you will be rewarded. Is it stressful? Yes. Do you have to make some sacrifices (working most holidays)? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely YES! I started with the company many years ago as a part-time CSR and worked my way up the ranks. Tanger has given me the opportunity to assist at other centers outside of my 'Home' center and that has allowed me to experience people and places I might not otherwise get to experience. If you have the drive, Tanger is the company for you!
Pros
Great Company, Comp. Wages, Leadership
Cons
Healthcare for a spouse is on the highside
not a bad job, but stressful
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2017
I liked the job overall, a lot of drama, and very stressful. would consider telling someone about the job but, was not impressed at all, could be a better company where I was working..
Was too slow paced for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 10, 2017
The customers could be rude and the location is slow. Too slow for me. I found myself bored often and looking for things to do in order to keep from falling asleep.
Overall a good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCJuly 27, 2017
The company had a really good feel to the work environment. People were mostly friendly and I couldn't have asked for a better supervisory team to work with.
Pros
Good environment and kept busy
Cons
Had to work every weekend
Professional workplace with growth opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 21, 2017
My job can be very demanding, but Tanger is such a rewarding place t work and offers great programs like Tanger University, where you take short courses on each department and really learn how each department impacts what you do. The company also has a biannual team meeting and the CEO regularly updates the team on how we are performing. There are great events for team building and connecting with coworkers and families.

I have seen many coworkers progress in their careers at Tanger. myself included! And the executive team includes a nice variety of newer and veteran employees. It is a very professional work environment, but also a fun place to work.
Pros
The benefits and 401K are great, I enjoy the team events and I appreciate the annual review cycle and merit-based raises.
Cons
It's a great area to work, but I miss being in a downtown atmosphere.
Enjoyed the experience.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure working at the customer service department at Tanger Outlets in Lancaster, PA. Over the 6 years I made countless friendships and enjoyed gaining experience while employed. The management is courteous and helpful to the staff they serve.
Official response from Tanger Outlets
August 10, 2017

We are delighted you had a positive experience. Thank you for your prior service and dedication to Tanger.

Great Place to Work!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2017
Everyone is very welcoming and willing to help. They do a good job of trying to engage the employees and often have different little events so that you can meet people around the office. Every day is different, which is nice because you never get bored.
Pros
Teamwork, Engaging, Competitive pay, Yearly reviews
Excellent Company!
Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 11, 2017
Tanger is an excellence company to work for and is a place that treats its employees with respect. I have been blessed to be with company for several years, and I am thankful for their kindness.
Pros
Excellent pay, Yearly reviews, Stable, Warm
Cons
Heavy Workload
good job
Administrative Assistant/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 12, 2017
had many titles answer phones handle vendors as well as tenants
paid company bills scheduled meetings for management of the stores and tanger management
Pros
easy going job
Cons
dealing with tenants
Fun Workplace
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAApril 14, 2017
Tanger Outlet Mall is a place where you can meet lots of new people, I worked there primarily because of my fluency in Chinese. I was able to make good friends, practice my language skills, and get great discounts. The manager was aware of me and very kind.
Pros
Discounts
Great Team and cool place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMarch 7, 2017
I been working for Tanger Outlets and a CSR/Shuttle Driver for almost 2 Years now the hours and Pay is good for Parttime work.But you will need another job to survive and pay bill.The work place is clean and the team is like family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAFebruary 16, 2017
It's a nice place to work. Great Managers and coworkers. Flexible with your schedule. Perfect for students or others who need to work around a flexible schedule.
Sales and customer service
General Manager's assistant (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCJanuary 3, 2017
I loved working here and dealing with all the different people that would come in. I also handled meeting set ups for the General Manager and was responsible for the sales of our promotional items. I spoke regularly with the shops in our mall and enjoyed getting to know the people I was working with. The only down fall was this is a super part time with very limited hours. It was impossible to take Saturday off for family obligations and I missed a lot not having some of that time to myself.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No hours
one stop shop
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 19, 2016
tanger outlet is a wonderful place to go shopping most ppl are friendly and can visit most popular retail brands including childrens favorite store disney outlet store.
Pros
lots of popular brands
Cons
traffic in there parking is horrible
Fun workplace very pleasant. Love to deal w/ public
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 26, 2016
Working most of the day on a computer. The co-workers are pleasant ...management is very supportive.

The evening late hours can be a bit of a problem. Working in a quiet office like environment open to the public late at night can create some discomfort..

Meeting the public is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
flexible company
Cons
nice people
Productive and Fun work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 7, 2015
This is one of the best job's ever, we deal with customers on a daily basis. It's never the same day everyday. It's always something new going on thru a promotion we are doing or a contest