Tangiers, LTD

Working at Tangiers, LTD: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Micro managed due to production

It’s an ok company. They offer employees free drinks and snacks. However they constantly smoke tobacco in the building all day long so you are in second hand smoke all day. Pay was consistent with work.

Pros

Free snacks, paid daily

Cons

Second hand smoke, micromanaged

Fast paced steady hours

40 hours every week. Some lifting, but mostly just fast. If you make excuses they won't care. Cleanup they are really hard on. I like to take it easy during sweeping at other jobs, but they want it done fast.

Pros

Steady work, a/c, breaks, snacks

Cons

No overtime, no holidays off

Tangiers, LTD insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Not a good place to work

Your micro managed the management does not know how to run a business that is no time off lots of favoritism the owner does not know what he's doing as far as his employees HR and all the rest of the management teams like to suck up to the boss so if you just want to work that's not a place where you need to work you need to be in a family environment but they're not a family environment they're very very sloppy and unorganized and unethical at that place

Completely unreliable.

They fire people based off of favoritism from other employees for petty reasons such as "we just dont like them." Job security is definitely non existent there. The chance to move up is very miniscule as well. That goes with the favoritism. Owner constantly verbally harasses everyone on almost an everyday bases.

Best company by far.

Tangiers is a really great place to work! The company is growing fast which makes it very easy to advance. They do pay raises and promotions regularly, as long as you're willing to do the work you're welcomed into their family. The workers take pride in the product and its quality. The president is very hands on and involved with the whole process.

Pros

Training, no salary cap, health care, full time. Room for growth, discount on products, free snacks and sodas.

Best company ever!

Everything about this company is great. I love the fact that everyone is like family. The company is growing fast so there is always room for advancement.

Alot of room to grow.Lot's of pay raise's

I've been with this company for almost 5 years, its taught me a lot about hard work, people, and how to start from the bottom up with a clear path to be better as a person and employee as well as a leader. I enjoy working with the people in the company, as well as adding new people to our family. Because at the end of the day, this is family. We see each other at least 5 times a week, 8+ hours a day. Some people even come by on their days off to spend time here to just hang out. What you have here is hard working people who will teach you how to do the job well enough to teach others in the future. These are the same people who'd give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. Give you a ride home, or just be a ear to listen. A lot of companies claim family work environment, our people live it.

Pros

Training, no salary cap, health care, full time. Room for growth

Tangiers- could not find the job site

- was unable to find the place for interview - I learned that the address might be given so many times only not able to find it - seemed legit and corresponding at first

Pros

called back, good job description

Cons

could not find the place

Official response from Tangiers, LTD

December 1, 2018
We provide candidates with a text including our address.I apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding, I assure you that if you have questions and let us know. We would gladly help you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tangiers, LTD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits