Tanner Health System Employee Reviews

Wolves in Sheep clothing
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAOctober 12, 2019
Would love to work for the organization again just not within HR. Some high titles tend to not practice what they preach. Too political. Lots of masks worn.
Pros
Vision and purpose of organization is commendable.
Cons
Political. HR quietly judgmental about applicants.
very patient satisfaction driven
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 17, 2019
I worked for Tanner Health Systems for a total of 18 years. They were completely patient satisfaction driven, which essentially gave them rave press ganey reviews.
Tanner
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 12, 2019
Have a strong mind and be open to alot of unexpected ongoings. Overall great place to work . Not a place to make friends or get involved in drama.. great Benefits
Nepotism at its best....
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 12, 2019
Absolutely my worst experience ever. I was so excited to start working with this company and was quickly devastated by how awfully run the entire system is. I tried my best to make it work.
Pros
Not the worst benefits
Cons
Terrible people
Some benefits and some kind workers
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GASeptember 8, 2019
WB needs to clean house of the bums that they kept for years that do not do anything regarding managing staff, the training process and picking money over client safety. The sad part is they sell you with the promise of making money. However, this is not a place for advancement if you are licensed do not waste your time unless you are interested in a mangement position. Otherwise, you will have to deal with backbiting, jealous and unhappy staff members including supervisors who think you want their job and will try to make you miserable in the process. They do have some good people. Exactly how long those people will stay I do not know. Again, they will promise you things that they will not do....until the supervisor or therapist realizes they been jipped they will go along with it. They have some unethical and illegal practices they just hide it. Make sure you try and talk to people who have worked there. All departments are dificult the level of difficulty depends on the demands and how supportive the supervisor is. Mines was never there and was extremely lazy and probably should have quit. Don't trust people in high up positions that talk bad about their own supervisors. Upper management is a soap opera that needs to be canceled.
Pros
The benefits if you can stay long enough- 401K, PTO (when you can use it), and some really kind people
Cons
Disorganized, no advancement, incompetent lazy supervisors
Management needs to be more diverse and need to focus on team building and employee moral.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJuly 17, 2019
They need to focus on Team building
Putting there employees first and re-education for the leadership team. Without employees, you can’t run a hospital! And pay for higher level education
Pros
Great for work/ life and balance
Cons
Family oriented ,healthcare hospital system!
Registered Nurse- CAPA (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJune 23, 2019
Tanner surgical services has been a great place to work over the last ten years ! The nurses ,techs and doctors work well together as a unit and become your workplace family ! Preparing patients for Surgical and GI procedures ,paperwork,IV starts, scrubbing ,clipping, dealing with family issues ,as well as patient individual needs . At the same time keeping up with yearly competencies ,BLS ,ACLS,PALS protocol keeping up with yearly goals .To be prepared for any emergency situation big or small with passionate care . It’s a pleasure to work with so many knowledgeable people ,to achieve the satisfaction of the patients, families and community .
Pros
Quality Patient care
Cons
Changing management, healthcare
Tanner Health System
Accounting Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 30, 2019
Tanner is such an amazing place to work.
You will never have to worry about your job as long as you do your job and make yourself a productive asset to Tanner.
Overall I would recommend anyone to apply for jobs at Tanner Health System in Carrollton, Ga.
Stay on the Medical side
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 25, 2019
As a whole I think Tanner is a great place to work, great benefits, and great people as a whole. No job is perfect and we all can probably find something to complain about with management, but it's sad how one robotic manager can make so many people's work life miserable. and it's truly sad when management doesn't take note of how one manager makes staff miserable and allow one manager to stay in a position that they obviously are not suited for, when there are positions that they would be much better suited for. Believe management will lose great people if this manager isn't moved to where they could be used better and would help others to not have to deal with this robotic manager making their work lives difficult. I think Tanner would be amazing place to work if manager were evaluated by the staff without fear of reprisal..
Pros
As a whole a great company with great benefits that outwardly appears to value their employees
Cons
Have rare managers that are allowed to devalue their employees
job security
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GA 30117April 10, 2019
Tanner Carrollton is a very busy hospital. The Pharmacy is overwhelmed and needs improvement. It still has functions from 10+ years ago. The techs are great and work way too hard. It is an example of true team work, but all techs are over worked. The systems in place are redundant. The current Pharmacists and techs have good ideas for improvement, but management doesn't think it's necessary since each day most work gets completed, so why change!?
Pros
salary is higher, trying to have better retention.
Cons
explained above
I love the people that I work with
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAFebruary 11, 2019
I could not have asked for a better more caring group of people to call my work family. We had each others back. I learned so much from fantastic people and wonderful caring doctors.
Experience at Tanner
Surgical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAFebruary 6, 2019
There is a great deal of nepotism within the Tanner Health System. I would have to train new employees on instrumentation and sterile technique due to the nepotism and they would be hired over Surgical Technologist that actually graduated a program.
Helping you advance your career
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Tanner is a good place to work. Low pay starting out. Managent was mostly good but could be improved. They provide a discount for health insurance for healthy living.
RN IV (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Each work day varies. Good team members. Support from management and staff. I have heard negative responses with insurance. I am on my spouse's insurance.
Small Hospital System
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 16, 2019
Tanner is still a small hospital system and still has the "good ole boy" mentality. Rules are written in stone for some but for others they are bendable and even breakable. If you are in good with those over you then you are in great shape but if they don't like you they will make your life miserable. It is growing so I feel it will change but right now it is not a place I would advise people to go to.
Don't care about employees
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Villa RicaNovember 19, 2018
This company is all about the money. They overwork the nurses, long hours, pay is not enough for the workload you are required to do. Administration only care about the quantity of patients and not the quality of care.
Pros
Commute to work
Cons
Long work hours, not enough employees for workload
Very Nice All Around
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 8, 2018
While volunteering at Tanner I found the staff and management to be very kind, welcoming, and caring. Everyone I encountered, including nursing, management, facilities, and other volunteers was so open to showing me new things and letting me be involved where I could. Patients are well cared for and there's a nice community feel.
Administrators and managers are awful
Finance (Current Employee) –  Business officeNovember 8, 2018
Managers are useless because they are not allowed to make decisions, at other times they are clueless on how to do their job thus causing backlogs that in turn are doubled since they escort people constantly off the property after they terminate them due to back stabbing coworkers that lie to get ahead or terminate due to health issues. Tanner used to be a hometown caring employer, with new administration that was added due to retiring admins, clueless CEO and creation of positions in the Financial services sector they have become money hungry in an attempt to mimic larger health care systems. If you work here, be sure you are a yes person and keep to yourself.
Pros
None any longer
Cons
Admin / management
Great atmosphere and good leadership!
Generalist, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 6, 2018
Great HR Team
Excellent benefits
Strong leadership
Great family oriented culture
Small and limited opportunity in HR
Consider reviewing wages to ensure they are competitive with other health systems in all areas, not just clinical
Okay
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 29, 2018
Step into the future and practice strategic planning. Use more consultants and actually implement there recommendations. Hold everyone accountable and stop wasting time calling 1000 meetings a day that never accomplish anything.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Outdated employer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tanner Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight