Tansky Sawmill Toyota Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Tansky
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 12, 2018
Tansky is a company that thrives on quality. Most places do not care but Tansky does and that matter for a person who wants to work for a quality place to work.
Would Not Recommend
Service (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 7, 2017
The biggest problem with this organization is that they are constantly firing people in order to get results instead of trying to change their processes. This has been on going for years, and guess what, they still aren't getting the results they want but their turnover rate is high. Your paycheck will be incorrect every month, you have to track everything to make sure it is right. There is no training provided what so ever.
I love the way this company is and truly wanna work there .
Lot Technician (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 21, 2016
I wanna work there and make difference. I believe that I can make different .i love to work as a team , and alway happy to help others.
Fun place to work! Good family style atmosphere!
Porter/then moved to parts dept (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 29, 2016
Started here just over a year ago as a porter! Then I switched to the parts dept! You learn so many cool things about the car dealer world, it's fascinating and intriguing how the whole system works.
The owners are super nice, they say hello everytime they walk by! The management is well structured in most departments!
Tansky is a good place to get a good career started!
Pros
Great co-workers and the upper level management is very easy to work with!
Not a place I'd recommend
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 22, 2016
I worked here for a spell, and while the compensation was decent, it just wasn't worth it. Upper management is constantly shifting the goalposts, so you never really know what is expected. The dealership changes before even observing the effects of their last change (pay plans tend to change at least two to three times per year). Certain sales people shamelessly are given competitive advantages over others. There are at least three sales people there who have online access to an online customer base and customer information for customers who are coming up on lease ends, or have positive equity in their trades. You will not get this access, but will be held to the same standards of performance.

On top of everything, your pay will be consistently wrong, and never in your favor. Deals are carried over to the next month because they didn't have the title work for the car you sold completed. So, even though they've received funding for the car you sold, and you did everything you were supposed to, you won't get credit for the sale until the next month. Deals are notoriously carried over whenever you are right at the mark for your next tier in pay.

I also knew of at least two employees who were paid under the table to give good reviews online in an attempt to balance out the negatives, so some of the reviews are desperate and disingenuous attempts by upper management to rid themselves of a bad reputation.
Fairly good place to work
Lot Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2016
Tansky offers a great place for anyone looking to get into the Auto industry. The Sales staff/management are a bunch of excellent people and offer the perfect balance of competition and friendliness. The Service side of things less so. Management is non existent and prepare to be under trained. The Tansky Family offers a great place for you to get started on your career.
Pros
Free weekend lunches, friendly staff, decent pay
Cons
Terrible parking, Service side management is non existent, Child like bickering at times.
Big let down
employee (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 5, 2016
Was an good working environment until found out was not trained properly and then it became terrible working environment. One of the owner is rude and hateful and the other owner is great and easy going person.
Cons
Parking
Nice place
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 13, 2015
Nice place, just too far from my home. insurance not that great. too high. Good service team. Willing to work with everyone
Pros
great home feeling
Cons
insurance not great
Laid Back environment with advancement opportunities
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 1, 2015
I've worked here for over a year and it's been a great place to work so far. I started in the Business Development Center moved to Delivery Coordinator and then finally was able to get into sales. The Management is a lot of fun to work with I have no idea what the other posts about poor management is talking about to be honest. The owners are very nice and while I don't talk to them much other than hi or how is it going most companies you never even see the owners. overall it's been an excellent experience they are very low pressure and your co-workers are the absolute best I recommend it to anyone looking to get into sales or any position.
Pros
Laid Back, Co-workers, work with your schedule
Cons
Parking
I love it at Tansky
Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioSeptember 1, 2015
Since starting here during my final semester at Ohio State, I have been thrilled with my experience at Tansky Sawmill Toyota. From the flexible schedule, stellar work-life balance, job security, and comfortable hours, Tansky has been the best job that I've ever had.
Pros
Hours, management, work
Good managers and Employees
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 1, 2015
Working at this establishment has taught me a lot of different things when it comes to business that can only be helpful down the road. The pay is pretty good, especially if you can sell a lot of cars a month which isn't too hard at this location. The hours are nice but sometimes you do need to put in a little more time to sell that last car of the month. Also owners buy salesman and service members food every Saturday from locations all around Dublin. All in all I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Location, Management and fellow Employees.
Horrible Management and Owners
e-Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 20, 2014
The management team often acts as if this is the first time they have opened a business. Your pay is frequently late, or less then expected or promised.

The owner(s) are locked away in the business office, I doubt they know the names of their employees as they seem dis-interested in establishing personal relationships with their employees.

I had three pay plans in one year, each geared toward earning less money. Sales Bonuses are non-existent, so expect to work/live on draw.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Poor management, Slow Pay, No training, No management Support.
it was ok
Business Development Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 20, 2014
it was ok. nothing to write home about. owners were ok. management, was well, it was management.
Easy going place to work.
Parts Driver and Backroom Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 1, 2013
Plenty of room for advancement. Non competive pay for position. Management kinda treats you like dirt.