Taos Employee Reviews

Consulting Firm
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Culture change due to founders leaving is making it a less desirable place to work as more focus is placed in other areas than consulting. The new CEO has more of a focus on managed services
I was the General Manager there most of my tenure
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Eaat Rutherford, NJDecember 5, 2017
The restaurant was basically run by me. I did the hiring and firing as well as discipline. The most recent owner was nonexistent and had no idea how to run a restaurant. I coordinated private events, servers, bar and kitchen. They put the restaurant on the market and never offered a benefit package even after 4.5 years as the GM. When they put restaurant up for sale I looked elsewhere for employment and wound up at Brothers BBQ.
Pros
1 hour break daily, weekends off. Fair salary
Cons
Non involved ownership and no benefit package.
Relaxed Environemnt
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 4, 2017
The workplace culture at Taos is hard to come by. As an employee you are welcomed and acknowledged as part of a team.
I learned how to multi-task as I was able to help various departments while still maintaining my role in the company. My manager was very communicative with me and open to my ideas and suggestions. My time at Taos was enjoyable and flexible. I was appreciative that the company acknowledges family obligations and creates the ability to balance a work and family at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible time off
Cons
Limited advancement opportunity
Great place to advance skills with very friendly managment
Senior Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 22, 2017
I highly recommend working for this company. I worked there for four years and had to take an extended absence from the workforce for personal issues, but since returning to the workforce, I have now applied again, and am looking forward to supporting their client's once again.
Pros
Free lunches, excellent office culture, great management
Cons
Not very flexible on schedules unless someone is a college student
Corporate mentality
Wish not to (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 13, 2017
I wish not to provide detail info as I need the job for now.

Corporate takeover by an investment firm need I say more.

I would not recommend this employer in it's current state if you have another option.
Amazing Staff
Billing Specialist for Google Cloud Platform (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 17, 2016
I really enjoy working at Taos. They provide high education. Are very helpful and knowledgeable.

The management is understanding and always there to help. Co-workers are helpful and fun to work with.

The hardest part of my engagements with Taos was when the contract ended.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I have been privileged to work with and make friends.
Pros
educational programs, company picnics
Family oriented
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CASeptember 27, 2016
Great work life balance since you are doing consulting. Allows you to see different types of organizations and the associated issues they may face. Contracts can be short however.
Not very productive and have management probs
Office Manager and Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAJuly 14, 2016
I believe the management inside is company needs to be fixed since there are people coming and leaving all the time. This company cannot keep people stay or work with commitment.
Call Center Setting
Technical Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 10, 2016
Its pretty much feels like, and looks like a call center. Immediate upper management are nice and good to you, but upper upper management can really bring down the hammer and dampen your spirits if you don't meet your quota
Pros
Free Food, drinks and vending machine
Cons
Currently no overtime, overworked and underpaid
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I have found with my first years at Taos that they are dependable and they make sure to do their best to find the right place for anyone to work. My Taos representative is involved and available anytime.
Taos is a good place to work.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 19, 2015
Taos has a friendly atmosphere and is filled with highly skilled and knowledgeable employees. This is a great place to work if you are beginning a career in IT.
Taos is a good IT organization.
IT specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 10, 2015
Taos is a great place to work for. the employees are great. The salary is great. Benefits are great. I liked it overall. Work load was good. I learned a lot about administrative tools and AD. I liked my co-workers. The job didn't have a major hard thing to do. I enjoyed working there because I learned bunch of stuff.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good employees
Cons
N/a
Very Professional
Desktop Support Technician / Helpdesk Support (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 20, 2013
Very professional company. I could not be more pleased to have worked for them.
Outstanding
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 12, 2012
I've only been working here for under 2 months and already this is the best job i've ever had. The management knows you by name, they appreciate input (in fact, they encourage it), they promote from within, pay is great, offer free food to employees and work with school/home/religious schedule needs.
Great company to work for
IT RECRUITER & RESOURCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2012
A great company, good culture, values employees. Taos trains and educates its employees to be the best at all times.
Pros
positive environment to work in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taos. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight