TAP (Total Action for Progress) Employee Reviews

Working with youth was great; everything else wasn't
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 10, 2018
The actual working with students was great, everything else was the drizzling s$%ts. No active management. Workplace bullying is/was rampant. If you don't fit a certain image for a role, you WILL be railroaded out. Watched it happen to two people, then it happen to me. I learned the definition of gas-lighting and work place bullying from this place. If i had handled it properly, and documented I would have got them for millions and would be sitting on a beach somewhere. But I cared about the job too much. Construction program, along with others, are often just facades for grants and the money is then placed anywhere else they can get away with. Watched students who were entirely capable of the completing the program be turn away because of instructors personal taste in people. When TAPs programs struggle and they ask the community for help. It is a problem they create because the community is aware of their practices.
Pros
Can get away with a lot, because of horrible top down management
Cons
Horrible top down management
TAP (Total Action for Progress)
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 30, 2017
Best job I have ever had the opportunity to have for 10 years. This is a beautiful non-profit that helps many, many people and gives a second chance to those in need who would not have an opportunity to have elsewhere. TAP has a big heart with beautiful people who work there who sincerely love the population served. I would return if an opportunity arose. GREAT place to work and be a part of a team.
Pros
benefits, flexible schedules, great people
Cons
I left for greener grass which I found was fake.
Construction Worker
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 15, 2017
When I was at Tap I learned how to build and remodel homes. Tap included skills as far putting drywall and Sheetrock up, installing windows, and etc. I like how I learned how to read blueprint because it gave me knowledge on learning how to build houses.....
Pros
Learning to build houses
Cons
Assignment end to quick
Teamwork environment and productive place to work
Career Mentor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 18, 2017
I really love to work at this organization. TAP has been around for over 40 years. I am very excited to b a part of this exciting team. We have grown in the short time that I have been around.
Pros
benefits, breaks, paid holidays
Great Experience.
Child Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 3, 2017
My coworkers are awesome, literally. They are very helpful. It's a great feeling to work with people who treat you as if you're their own family. I've never met anyone who I wouldn't want to work with. The atmosphere is great between all staff.
Pros
provide good benefits, helpful, always willing to work with you.
Cons
N/a
Being a productive employee
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at TAP start with meet and greet everyone with hello's and laughter. After all of the greeting have been done I would then sit down to start entering my data into the computer using the folders that I have on each individual. I work in ex-offender program, so each day is different but fun. The building is always full of people coming in needing help or wanting to find out where they can go to get the help.
fun place to work.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 21, 2016
Good place to work,people is nice ,they kid'nice to the kid's the kid,s learn a lot a .the only hardest part of the job was leaving the kid's and was the most enjoyable was beening there for the kid's.
Pros
the lunch was good.
Cons
breaks are short, but it was ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAP (Total Action for Progress). Our community is ready to answer.

TAP (Total Action for Progress) Reviews by Location