Tapjoy Employee Reviews

Short review
Senior Manager Creative Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2018
Paid well with great benefits. People come and go to different jobs. Had a great time working there and made great friends. Highly political and people whispered and talked behind closed doors.
Young and energetic, extremely hands on, motivating work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 1, 2015
Tapjoy is an outstanding place to work. From day one, everything was hands on. Each sales rep would do all of their own lead generation, outbound sales calls, sales closing, and account management.

The work environment was fun and energetic, an open floor with immediate access to management. Everyone was collaborative and encouraging, I could not have asked for a better work environment to learn sales.
Pros
Great benefits, good compensation, ability to telecommute if you are sick or out of town.
Cons
No Cons.
I manage Platform team and Partner Integration teams.
Senior Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2015
I manage Platform team and Partner Integration teams. My daily task includes the following

1. Provide technical direction to teams
2. Triage issues
3. Work with Product team on the next generation products
4. Work with Jira on the product backlog
5. 1:1 with team members and peers
6. Work with Business teams to understand the pain points and growth in business
7. Participate in customer calls.
8. Mentorship and coaching team members
Fun place to work, exciting, awesome people
Video Consultant - Marketing & IT (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2014
I am on contract so my experience is not from a full time perspective.

From what I have experienced, there are very capable and proven leaders who are ambitious to make Tapjoy a premium company and a leader in their industry.

I believe Tapjoy is postured for a very big 2014.
Great startup!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2013
I learned a great deal watching this small startup flourish from under 100 employees to close to 300 employees.
No Free Lunch
Worker on 13th (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoNovember 15, 2012
Pro: For the most part Tapjoy is comprised of some fantastic and smart people. Honestly, this is likely the only reason why many are still working here. There is also some ridiculous work-life balance here.

Con: The smart and fantastic people are shoved into the corner, while the incompetent lead. Terrible organizational communication. Product vision is borderline terrible. Frankly, if it weren't for my peers this place would probably rank as one of the worst places to work.
Pros
people and work-life balance
Cons
free lunch is gone, terrible management & leadership, business/sales driven company - sorry for the designers and engineers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tapjoy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tapjoy.

Powered by Comparably